GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to do the puzzle with only 1/4 of the correct pieces 1/4 wrong pieces and 1/2 missing. So frustrating to keep the lies, truths and hypothesis separated.
Like LL's involvement. I was positive that she wasn't involved, then thought her actions/ reactions were strange , then thought her involvement was neglect and now after hearing the story from the girl that gave her the ride home it's obvious LL's actions are disturbing. She either knew what was going to go down before it happened are does an amazing job compartmentalizing in major trauma.
On her ride home (because WRE didn't want to wake kids as she tells it). She either lied to the gal and already knew about the "car abduction". (Why??? Seems like that would be a very valid reason to bum a ride) or found out on way home ( why then keep it a secret and ask to be dropped off a block away). We have to assume she found out before stopping at Pine Crest Apartments. But then why not freak out in front of co worker and have her speed to your house? Why the drop off and the lie to JSO officer. All this lying does not addup -even if she didn't know, wouldn't she freak out when JSO starts talking about missing 2 year old. I would think you would drop any pretenses of not knowing a drug dealer once it became known your son was missing while in his care.
Was her plan to lurk around and not be seen? Maybe go get the car? This fracture of logic is unnerving me.
True that, it's crazy. If she found out her baby was missing, either when the police
stopped her, or when she was at the scene with RE.... wouldn't she be freaking out?
"my baby"? She had to have already known.

Therein lies the issue....the standard of proof to ARREST someone (probable cause, more likely than not) with a crime is much lower than that required to PROSECUTE (reasonable probability of conviction), and still lower than that required to CONVICT(beyond all reasonable doubt). That is why a very small percentage of those charged with crimes are actually convicted. I don't mean to be pessimistic, I have plenty of faith they are building a stronger case, but on new separate charges rather than building directly on the facts presented in these.

I think the neglect charges are intended to be temporary just to hold them. They have released just enough probable cause to support charges, but not enough to convict. You don't have to put everything in the charging documents, but it is a tricky game to hold back major points of evidence. I think they are deliberately tailoring the current charges to very specific acts of neglect, SEPARATE from that which caused Lonzie's death. That is a smart move, it leaves the field wide open for murder charges later and lets them keep evidence under wraps as part of an ongoing investigation. If they draw the line that the current neglect charges caused to his death, they could set up a speedy trial situation where Lonna is aquitted for neglect and can't be charged later with murder because of double jeopardy. Angela Corey is a brilliant prosecutor and I'm sure is thinking all of this through.

I couldn't agree more. This is, in my opinion, exactly what is happening.

Therein lies the issue....the standard of proof to ARREST someone (probable cause, more likely than not) with a crime is much lower than that required to PROSECUTE (reasonable probability of conviction), and still lower than that required to CONVICT(beyond all reasonable doubt). That is why a very small percentage of those charged with crimes are actually convicted. I don't mean to be pessimistic, I have plenty of faith they are building a stronger case, but on new separate charges rather than building directly on the facts presented in these.

I think the neglect charges are intended to be temporary just to hold them. They have released just enough probable cause to support charges, but not enough to convict. You don't have to put everything in the charging documents, but it is a tricky game to hold back major points of evidence. I think they are deliberately tailoring the current charges to very specific acts of neglect, SEPARATE from that which caused Lonzie's death. That is a smart move, it leaves the field wide open for murder charges later and lets them keep evidence under wraps as part of an ongoing investigation. If they draw the line that the current neglect charges caused to his death, they could set up a speedy trial situation where Lonna is aquitted for neglect and can't be charged later with murder because of double jeopardy. Angela Corey is a brilliant prosecutor and I'm sure is thinking all of this through.

BBM- opinions are like noses - everybody has one. My opinion of Ms Corey is quite the opposite. None the less I hope the case is given the State Attorneys full attention and best of the best prosecutors.

Happy Birthday to the people that are having a birthday today. Hope you all have a wonderful day, :Happybirthday:
& Prayers Lonzie is found soon.

I'll join the party. It's my half-birthday (born Feb. 26) and yes, I celebrate it.

Kind of bummed though. A fellow WSer, also born on Feb. 26, messages me with a happy bday wish. Unfortunately I had been away from WS for a while, so I didn't see it in my inbox until early May. I made a mental note to follow up with a happy half-bday wish for her, but apparently messages are only saved for so long (or maybe it went poof during the switch to the new server). Her original message is gone and I don't recall her user name. :gaah:

Whoever she is, I hope she's having a happy half birthday. To the rest of you celebrating one within the next few days, hope it's happy! :Happybirthday:

Can someone tell me what the significance is of the blue house, water fountain, and mcdonalds.?
Was this what Lilly told LE they had been that evening.

Another reason, while out on lunch today, I noticed this old blue house, right next to it is a yuckie retention pond, water fountains in front of business on road before that road (Sunbeam) and this area is surrounded by woods. It is also the other end of kings rd. It's actually same road but once you cross over Sunbeam the road name changes. This area is all close to Avenues mall where search has been going on the most. There is also a side road that is a cut off I've never been down but I think there is nothing but pastures and woods down there.

Just wanted to know how the blue house, water fountain and McDonalds come in all this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i believe that is info the police got from Lily but im not sure if they specifically said so.

Can someone tell me what the significance is of the blue house, water fountain, and mcdonalds.?

Another reason, while out on lunch today, I noticed this old blue house, right next to it is a yuckie retention pond, water fountains in front of business on road before that road (Sunbeam) and this area is surrounded by woods. It is also the other end of kings rd. It's actually same road but once you cross over Sunbeam the road name changes. This area is all close to Avenues mall where search has been going on the most. There is also a side road that is a cut off I've never been down but I think there is nothing but pastures and woods down there.

Just wanted to know how the blue house, water fountain and McDonalds come in all this.

The "clues" came from SM I believe. I think I can find 3 different areas from Springfield to Mandarin that match. I'm going to wreck one of these days!!!

Funny you mention woods.

It was blue house, fountain, McDonald's and scary woods. Please alert LE.

Wow. Please call the tip line and see if that area has been searched. Sounds exactly like what the sister was describing.

Wow. Please call the tip lone and see if that area has been searched. Sounds exactly like what the sister was describing.

I wanted to know what exactly was said before I called it in.

And wanted to make sure the sister did say this and it wasn't some crazy rumor. Blue house, water or water fountain, McDonalds. ??

If I found out my daughter left a child, hers or anyone else's, lying on a bed with fluid leaking from his ear(s), I'd contribute money to try to keep her @$$ in jail, not bond her out. Believe that.

I wanted to know what exactly was said before I called it in.

And wanted to make sure the sister did say this and it wasn't some crazy rumor. Blue house, water or water fountain, McDonalds. ??

I don't know forsure where the info came from but it has been known for a few days. Blue house, McDonalds, water fountain and scary woods.

I don't know forsure where the info came from but it has been known for a few days. Blue house, McDonalds, water fountain and scary woods.

Was it not that someone overheard LE talking and said this was what Lily said.

Its in this thread somewhere

That sounds right yeah.
At any rate I think this area needs to be searched if it hasn't yet.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/lonzie-search-near-cuba-hunter-park/34878690

"We’ve been searching from the very beginning," said Kelle Casey, a search volunteer. She says a Facebook tip about McDonald's and railroad tracks led them to the park.

Stephanie Johnson says she overheard investigators speaking with one another about what Lonzie's sister told investigators about the area where she last saw her brother.

"She mentioned a blue house from what I heard," Johnson said. "She mentioned a blue house, a water fountain, scary woods, railroad tracks and a McDonald's"

Here ya go Queen

Stephanie Johnson says she overheard investigators speaking with one another about what Lonzie's sister told investigators about the area where she last saw her brother.

"She mentioned a blue house from what I heard," Johnson said. "She mentioned a blue house, a water fountain, scary woods, railroad tracks and a McDonald's

http://www.news4jax.com/news/lonzie-search-near-cuba-hunter-park/34878690

There are a few maps on pages 17 thru 21 22 or 23 by Ray of Hope Daniel and cybersleuth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503