GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Lonzie Lauramore is Lonna's step dad. Little Lonzie was named after him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know that. My point is that in the article, the missing baby is referred to as Lonzie Lauramore, which is incorrect since his name is Lonzie Barton. Who he was named after is irrelevant; reporters need to get the basic facts straight. If they can't even get the name of a missing high profile baby correct, why should readers accept anything else in the article?

Still no Lonzie.. [emoji174]

Yeah, I know that. My point is that in the article, the missing baby is referred to as Lonzie Lauramore, which is incorrect since his name is Lonzie Barton. Who he was named after is irrelevant; reporters need to get the basic facts straight. If they can't even get the name of a missing high profile baby correct, why should readers accept anything else in the article?

Ah gotcha! I was confused [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Investigator Yarborough also indicated Mr. and Mrs. Barton were both known to be involved in the local drug culture prior to Lonzie’s disappearance and presumed death, but that “tips and complaints” accelerated after late July and surveillance began about a month ago.

http://bakercountypress.com/2015/09/barton-arrests-family-druggies-helped-police/

Just disgusting if LE knew this prior to Lonzie's disappearance but yet these so called "parents" were still allowed to have custody of their children. I've been following this case somewhat and wonder if someone could fill me in so I don't have to go digging for answers, had either Lonzie's mother or father been charged with drugs prior to Lonzie's disappearance? Links please and TIA. MOO.

Investigator Yarborough also indicated Mr. and Mrs. Barton were both known to be involved in the local drug culture prior to Lonzie’s disappearance and presumed death, but that “tips and complaints” accelerated after late July and surveillance began about a month ago.

http://bakercountypress.com/2015/09/barton-arrests-family-druggies-helped-police/

Just disgusting if LE knew this prior to Lonzie's disappearance but yet these so called "parents" were still allowed to have custody of their children. I've been following this case somewhat and wonder if someone could fill me in so I don't have to go digging for answers, had either Lonzie's mother or father been charged with drugs prior to Lonzie's disappearance? Links please and TIA. MOO.

In answer to your question i'm not sure about CB, but Lonna & Ebron had priors for drugs when they were busted in her apartment in Duval county. The children i believe were not in the apartment at the time, and she incurred 3 charges for drugs at the time that still have to be heard in court yet. She got evicted from there and that's when her & Ruben moved in with the roommate.

Where are you lil man ?

I think about you every night before I go sleep, wondering why no one is looking hard enough to lay you to rest ,

I am so far away but if I had any inkling to where you was I would come find you .

I did some Christmas shopping today , found this bear who sings , I thought of you and brought him, he will sit on my bed x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 262
Where are you lil man ?

I think about you every night before I go sleep, wondering why no one is looking hard enough to lay you to rest ,

I am so far away but if I had any inkling to where you was I would come find you .

I did some Christmas shopping today , found this bear who sings , I thought of you and brought him, he will sit on my bed x

You are wonderful!!

My family and I went out for brunch at Famous Amos at Main St. & Eastport Rd. this morning and they had a couple of missing fliers up for Lonzie. I wish one of the key players would talk already...I hate knowing Lonzie is out there somewhere and the people who know where he is aren't talking :(

There's a media and timeline thread with all their background info, I think. Or links to their arrest records. I don't think there's an extensive background as far as drug arrests with LLB. CB, I don't know. So LE and/or CPS wouldn't necessarily have known about the kids being in danger.
The link is at the bottom of my post. :)

All these people helped AFTER one of the kids is dead. Before, no one said a word about the world these kids were living in while it was happening. Meth heads. Oh please - what won't they do?

Where are you lil man ?

:heart: So sweet. This was so very thoughtful and caring. :heart:

Praying for you little buddy Lonzie. :prayer:

Where are you lil man ?

Awww, he's really cute, and i'm sure Lonzie would love him.

From the doc:
"11. However, just because Defendant is entitled to receive information during discovery about the case does not automatically mean the media gets everything provided to the Defendant. While there is a clearly recognized constitutional right for the Defendant to have a fair trial, there is not First Amendment protection for the public and the press to have access to pretrial hearings."

Even though I'm a WS who wants all the info, I do have to agree that we are not entitled to it. On the other hand, the press can serve as a "watchdog" in criminal cases and prevent authorities from overstepping their bounds (or from neglecting their duties as authorities as well).

I will be watching with curious eyes what happens with this motion.

Good to know they fixed it. There were a bunch of comments below the article about the mistake as well.

Good to know they fixed it. There were a bunch of comments below the article about the mistake as well.

Maybe the Judge did feel 'rescued' to have to deal with that case though, :)

Maybe the Judge did feel 'rescued' to have to deal with that case though, :)

ha! I was going to say the same: by recusing herself she rescued herself from having to deal with the Ebron family's special brand of
wtf-ery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member