GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the links drea62279, Peppery, matou and Ray_of_hope!

Interesting turn of events. I'm not sure yet that Lonna's plea deal will include anything about how Lonzie disappeared - IIRC the lying charge was about her telling LE she didn't know Ebron or live at the apartment but my memory could be hazy on it.

OTOH, what is it that she'll testify against Ebron about? Maybe about the drug dealing and that they took the kids with them to dope sales. If she has anything to say about what happened to Lonzie then it would implicate her so she'd have to be given immunity. I just dunno guys. I'll stay hopeful but I can't figure out how it would all work.

I'd like to think that the possibility of making the child testify is what triggered Lonna's plea but I'm so soured on her that I have a hard time believing it.

Anyway, Lonna's defense attorney, Kevin Carlisle, is supposed to address the media tomorrow morning so as my late mother-in-law used to say - don't borrow trouble. I'm anxiously awaiting the info...

From same article linked above:
"she will enter a plea Wednesday morning at 8:30 a.m. "
Just glad that she is now away from drugs for at least part of her current pregnancy (hopefully). They need to keep a close eye on her and make a plan for the welfare of her newborn when it arrives.
IMO she's had time to sober up and start thinking clearly, and now she's scared. I'm very leery with her track record but maybe she will finally say what she knows and Lonzie can be found. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reminder: Lonna's due in court at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday. Ebron is due at a motion hearing at 1:30 p.m.

What can LB testify against RE about? Does she have info that RE disposed of Lonzie,
and has kept it to herself? Or, will she testify that RE injured Lonzie.

Did we ever find out if this is going to stream live? I'd like to watch it. If I do, I'll try to transcribe for y'all.

If the charge is based on Lonna & Ebron not seeking medical care, how Lonzie was injured or if he was left in the car is irrelevant.

I don't know what she can testify to that will help Ruben...But in my opinion...the defense would not want her for a witness if there wasn't something she knows that would help the defense case..and the state would not be fighting it if it was nothing that would hurt their case...

Classito

I think she's a huge liar but she might not know where the body is.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...o-plea-guilty-testify-against-ebron/78320884/
"Jacksonville attorney Shannon Schott says what Barton says in court could make things tougher for Ebron's attorneys.

"If she gets called to the stand, she could say things that implicate him for more than just child neglect and could mean murder charges, based on what she says," Scott told First Coast News.

"As a defense attorney, we would impeach her on the fact that she made a deal to testify against our client or in this case Mr. Ebron's attorney will probably do this," she said.

"So the state thought that what she has to say is so relevant that even with her impeachment, the fact that she made a deal, they think it is still going to be good enough to convict Mr. Ebron.""

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 13h13 hours ago
We won't have the details of Lonna Lauramore Barton's plea until Wednesday morning. I'll be in court, and will be life tweeting it.

https://twitter.com/LarryHannan

Court reporter for the Times-Union in Jacksonville

If she throws Ruben under the bus maybe he will do the same to her and they will finally locate Lonzie's whereabouts.
Got to remember i think Lonna only cares about Lonna, but we will see.

Larry Hannan just tweeted that he's in the courtroom awaiting LB's plea hearing.

On pins and needles.
I don't think she knows where Lonzie is. I think she's testifying to the fact that WRE took the kids on drug deals in the past (with her) to help nail him on these charges. Or maybe his habit of leaving drugs lying around or leaving kids in the car (or not). That sort of thing. Gotta remember this is not a murder trial.
It's charges that will keep WRE in prison for a good long time. Hopefully until Lonzie is found and WRE can finally be tried for murder.

I don't think Lonzie's whereabouts will be discovered just yet, but I am hoping we will finally get some answers about how he was injured in the first place.
I also was thinking, she might be testifying on her daughter's behalf. I don't know if that is allowed in this type of special circumstance, but maybe the 5 year old told her some things that LLB can bring to light? Does anyone know?

Copy/pasted:
Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 27s27 seconds ago

William Ruben Ebron attorneys Al Perkins and James Boyle are also in the courtroom. Ebron has a pretrial this afternoon.
0 retweets 0 likes
Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 59s59 seconds ago

Kevin Carlisle is Lauramore Barton's attorney. Rich Mantei is the prosecutor.
0 retweets 0 likes

Copy/Pasted:
Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan now

Barton will plead guilty to counts 2 and 3.
0 retweets 0 likes
Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 18s18 seconds ago

Lonna Barton enters courtroom.
0 retweets 0 likes
Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 34s34 seconds ago

Circuit Judge Mark Borello takes the bench.
0 retweets 0 likes

Lisa RobbinsVerified account ‏@LisaRobbinsFCN 1m1 minute ago
I have so many questions for Lonna Barton's attorney when this hearing is over with. Have any you want us to ask him? TWEET ME THEM HERE!

https://twitter.com/LisaRobbinsFCN

Go for it peeps!! :)

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 22s22 seconds ago

Copy/pasted from twitter page:
This agreement does not address Baker County drug charges, Mantei said.
0 retweets 0 likes
Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 38s38 seconds ago

Court will be free to impose any sentence at future sentencing hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot