Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now my notes on 24001809:

• The only thing really "new" in here is a very detailed description of the home at VBV during the time of the search warrant, including specifics on what was found in MS's room
  • Handgun observed in the back of SS's vehicle (4)
    • This was already known, but I'm pointing it out again because it was not in the vehicle when it was properly searched and evidence was collected
  • "I asked Jennifer if she thought Stephan killed Madeline and she said "at this point, I do". I asked her why she thought that and she said we showed her a photograph of Madeline slumped over in Stephan`s vehicle. " (37)
    • I believe this exact report was in the other file, but I didn't call it out out at the time. Now I'm thinking that there have been multiple mentions of LE showing JS the CSAM of MS that SS produced, but I don't recall any mention in the reports of her being shown a still from surveillance footage. Anyone remember that?
  • JS said (in May) that SS wasn't invited to the birthday party because JS's mom didn't like him. (50) This is in contrast to SS's explanation that he didn't make it there in time.
    • This comes from after his arrest, but I find it interesting how they give consistently different explanations of their relationship and things that have happened

“During the interview, Jennifer Soto continuously protected Stephan Sterns, was questioned about why she prioritizes Stephan Sterns over (Madeline), and even at one point referred to the ‘sex stuff as not evil but the murder of (Madeline) as ‘evil,’” an arrest report stated.

No longer defensible by any stretch of the imagination, sorry not sorry.
I know this is not the takeaway of most people here, but these media outlets get pages and pages of full reports, and then include only the tiniest bit of them. It is frustrating. The Kissimmee PD docs show some questioning of JS, but not the level of pushback that is suggested here.

The WESH article cites new documents released by prosecutors, so I put in another records request.

on page 36 of 52 JS told LE her entire life was devoted to MS :rolleyes:
she also proceeded to claim she was always uncomfortable with MS sleeping with SS and that they had only done so a couple of times since the breakup. When called on the "I told them to go sleep upstairs" statement she previously made she basically said, yeah, I was being selfish and wanted my sleep.

on page 36 of 52 JS told LE her entire life was devoted to MS :rolleyes:
she also proceeded to claim she was always uncomfortable with MS sleeping with SS and that they had only done so a couple of times since the breakup. When called on the "I told them to go sleep upstairs" statement she previously made she basically said, yeah, I was being selfish and wanted my sleep.
Didn't JS also say that SS had only visited 2 or 3 times since the supposed breakup?

This excerpt from p. 67-68 is interesting. Sure would like to see these other messages.

Upon reviewing Jennifer’s cellular phone download, the following was observed:

Jennifer would set an alarm at 0730 hours, on days that she would bring Madeline to school. There were messages between Jennifer and Stephan on 02/25/2024, starting at 2339 hours, that stated the following:
  • 02/25/2024 at 2339 hours: Jennifer text Stephan "Make sure she goes to bed right now"
  • 02/25/2024 at 2339 hours: Stephan replies "Ok sweetie, goodnight"
  • 02/25/2024 at 2339 hours: Jennifer replies "Goodnight"
  • 02/25/2024 at 2340 hours: Stephan texts Jennifer "She’s built her nest and she`s settling in now"
  • 02/25/2024 at 2340 hours: Jennifer replies "Ok good"
These messages confirm what Jennifer stated during interviews, that Stephan and Madeline were alone in his bedroom prior to her death the following morning. On 02/25/2024, Jennifer set her cellular phone on a wireless charger at 2354 hours. On 02/26/2024, Jennifer set an alarm to go off at 0900 hours. The alarm was removed from the notifications while still on the wireless charger. On 02/26/2024, at 0919 hours, Jennifer’s cellular phone was physically removed from the wireless charger. This is consistent with her daily activities with removing the alarm notifications, or snoozing the alarm. There were several other messages between her and Stephan regarding Madeline sleeping in the same room together. There was also text messages between Stephan and Jennifer claiming Stephan gave Madeline an extra dose of her medication when it was not necessary.
Yeahhhh. This + others concerns that she ignored + her opinion that Maddie’s SA wasn’t “evil” - there’s no benefit of the doubt for JS.
She dedicated her “whole life” to Maddie my foot!! She outsourced almost every part of parenting to everyone else. Even keeping her safe. Get REALLLL. with a mother like that, who needs enemies?

on page 49 of 52 I am thankful that CS reported to detectives the hard drive and watch belonging to SS that he located in the storage unit.

ETA and I don't think I knew until reading it just now that JS has an attorney until this page. His name is Matthews R. Bark.

ETAA all this MiraLax talk concerns and disturbs me.

Last edited:
Jenn is saying she had no idea about the SA and in the reports she said " Stephen would never hurt Maddi"
yet there were so many red flags, her being double dosed with meds. her roommate even discussed the sleeping arrangements with JS" At first I thought the sleeping with mom was due to anxiety, but it was probably because it was more dangerous to be alone in the L/R. so while Jenn wasnt seeing the red flags, others were, and even brought it to her attention. isnt that willful blindness? Do you have to be aware of the SA, what about just ignoring the clues?
At the very least, if she needed help, like she said before Stephan came to Kissimmee " I need to be medicated and I need sleep" yet she chose a person who was known to mis-medicate, just so she could see her more often, than she would if maddi stayed at her moms. Jenn worried about her own needs being met, before anyone else's, she put maddi at risk in fact, to meet her own needs. because she " believed" in her judgement nothing was going on despite the clues. even the fact that Maddi didnt seem too bothered when Stephan had to move out? Like wake up!!!!!.
Maybe she didnt know about the SA, maybe maddi never said anything b/c she was basically anesthetized and had no memory, IDK, but come on, even when there is a tiny bit of smoke, you should look to see where its coming from.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Escolada
Back