Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just a quick question. JS had a 350 dollar botox appointment that afternoon. She canceled it the same day she had the appointment on the 26th. She wanted to save money. I don't know how that works in the US but if i cancel a similar appointment over here so last minute. They charge at least a certain amount if not the whole amount of money. Does someone know if you can just cancel last minute without paying anything?
In Florida -- they are everywhere, strip malls galore. With competition comes lax policies. JMO

Which are generally covered by insurance, which I am assuming she had, since she had no problem financially with the blood draw.

So many unusual happenings that day:

One of the first times SS dropped Maddie at school (per latest interview with JS)
SS gets flat tire for the first time in ten years (per one of his interviews)
SS accidentally left his phone at home not once but twice
JS cancels Botox appointment at the last minute because she couldn't afford it
SS enters JS's bedroom for the first time ever to put the leash on the dog (her latest interview)*

*About that. It sounds as though the dog was on the bed when SS purportedly tried to put the leash on him, because she didn't want him to pee on the bed.

If so, that would mean that the dog was allowed to sleep with JS when she really needed "good sleep", but Maddie was not. Maddie had to go sleep with her abuser.
cosmetic injection AFAIK, that wouldnt be covered by health insurance...but of course, we dont what JS had for health coverage... if it was for medicinal purposes, could have had a high deductible which she had to reach before coverage would kick in. another unknown.

lots of new BS backpedaling in this interview. and IMO, the whispering answers, mostly no's or dont remember, etc are indictive of deception. again. as usual.

what stood out to me was she slept with the door cracked open with a stopper holding the door for the cat to come in and out. ok. so she clearly has more audio ability and bedroom is so close to the kitchen. BUT, she claims she DOES wake up at times when the sleep ap sleep sounds on the tv goes off and puts it back on with the remote. sleep sounds aps/machines drown out noise but she says she heard cabinets opening and closing. AND she does wake up contrary to previous statements that she sleeps through the nite.

AND: SS came back downstairs to use the bathroom after leaving with Madeline to go up to that bedroom.

"No, no, no, anything could happen, I didn't know her Dad, I didn't know her brother, I didn't know anybody there, I don't know what could happen to you, just afraid of her getting assaulted".
Good point this could definitely be an unfortunate isolation tactic to prevent Maddie from confiding in other adults or friends or gaining the attention of those who would alert LE, CPS, the school or their most trusted social services program.

I wonder too if this could be a cultural thing too or a rule JS herself had to follow as a kid. I have a lot of friends and cousins, particularly those on my dad’s side from the West Indies, who were not allowed to go to sleepovers because their parents also had this rule.

I think too growing up a lot of parents stressed stranger danger to their kids not knowing that it is actually the people at home or who have the most access to your room or home that pose the biggest threat to kids. I think today that information is more commonly discussed now with parents and guardians at schools, hospitals and PTAs.
So if that is true…… yet they are receiving money from SS for rent?
IIRC JS may have let SE may live at the apartment for free if he agreed to babysit Maddie after school and while JS was still at work. I’m not sure about how JS’ parents felt about but I do recall multiple interviews emphasizing her parents did not like him at all and were glad when he moved out. A friend of JS said once on a podcast that JS and her mom did not get along either which may have led to her using SS instead for childcare unfortunately.

He sounds somewhat like a free loader who likes to take advantage of people. For example, Maddie said to a friend once she didn’t like having him live with them anymore and that he ate all their food.

He also complained about living with his parents because they were old and had dogs but he lived with them for free and while unemployed. He also would borrow his dad’s car.
"and so despite having moved on with other people you were still having Stephan come up and visit and there was plans to cohabitate with him again potentially? A: possibly yes'

sooooooooo, seems like she was back out on the dating scene but not letting go of SS.
I think SS has a history of staying at JS even when they broken up according to one of his court docs discussing an ex-partner’s testimony. Supposedly he would watch over Maddie during this time but likely he was abusing her instead and cleaning and hiding the evidence before her mother got home. Maddie deserves justice and every child deserves to be safe from such disgusting predatory behaviors.
A: no there have been, she's had other periods that have been missed or like super late
To be fair it is not that uncommon teenagers and girls who recently started their period, like those between 11-12 years old, may miss a period because their hormones and cycles are still regulating themselves and have not yet adjusted to the regular every 28-31 days that we are taught to expect.
Would constipation appointments involve an external physical exam, though? I don't know.
Yes, in medical school and on the floor medical providers could do abdominal and anal exams and do swabs and stool tests via the use of gloves depending on the symptoms, like pain level, how often it occurs, if blood is present, fever, vomiting and such.

Regular abdominal pain, particularly lower abdominal pain, even if associated with constipation or constipation associated with one’s menstrual cycle, may also cause the doctors to do pelvic exams and vaginal swabs with parents or, in some states, adolescent patients permission.

Some of these physical exam tests may not be enough though and require the use of more invasive or technical procedures, like ultrasounds, laparoscopy or colonoscopy.

I recall from some of my psych reading that sadly constipation is can be a common complaint or symptom among minors, especially children, who are suffering from chronic sexually abuse. I hope that perhaps Maddie’s medical records or doctors can be of further help in advocating for justice for her through their testimonies and notes so that law officials and LE can get a full picture of Maddie’s experience while humanizing and making her voice stronger as her story gets shared and told in the court of law.

Last edited:
OMG. I am listening to this interview again and a lightbulb went off: when asked about whether Maddie would have come in and said goodbye before leaving for school, JS, at this point knowing that her daughter is dead and was never dropped off at school that day, waffles. "I would have hoped she would."

When the correct answer is "No, obviously she was dead by then."

For whatever reason, she's still sticking to the original story.

Edited: and she repeats "we dropped her off" when by then the entire world KNEW Maddie was never dropped off.

Last edited:
All right. so she picks it out, but does she physically take it out of somewhere wherever she stores her clothes and put it somewhere?
*JS said, im not sure. Im not sure if she took her clothes upstairs with her or anything like that.*

All right. so far, you didn't see them in your room, and did you have the opportunity to kind of see her cubby part of the living room to see if she had put them on her bed or anything like that?
*JS said, i hadn't seen no.*

Does MS have like a water bottle or a hydro flask or whatever the kids call it that she likes to sleep with or bring it up or bring wherever she is sleeping?
*JS said, Hmmmmmmmmmmm, typically not. That stays downstairs in her backpack and then she'll clean it in the morning and then fill it back up and then leave it in her backpack. That typically stays in her backpack.*

Okay, favorite stuffed animal or stuffed animals, anything that always goes with her wherever she is sleeping?
*JS said, uhhh she does have a few stuffies and blankies. Did i see any that day? *

Yeah specifically did you see if she brought any that stuff upstairs with her?
*JS said, no i didn't see any of that stuff upstairs. *

Now separate question, generally, habitually, like your attorney was saying. There is a difference between specific memory, but generally would she do that? Not saying that you saw that night.
*JS said, Generally would she do what? *

Have stuffies and her blankets and her favorite stuff.
*Js said, uh yes, she typically would.*

Continueing transcribing.

Here is the audio only of the recently released interview with JS.

OK, the mystery solved as to why JS has not been charged with any crime.

Early April, JS was given derivative use immunity (DUI) by the Orange County DA. JS is being interviewed in YT with her attorney present.

JS is essentially going to be a witness for the State and her DUI will likely be good up until SS's trial is over. This interview here is being conducted in April but the date is still days before SS is charged with MS murder.

Wendi Adelson is another Florida witness given derivative use immunity who has testified against all the co-defendants charged with the 2014 murder of her ex husband Dan Markel-- including her brother and probably her mother who goes to trial next week. Many think Wendi she should have also been charged but you typically don't get charged when your DUI is in place. MOO

ETA: Interview date for JS who appeared under a subpoena was April 18, 2024-- her attorney was present.

So Stephan said something like MS is building her nest and getting settled in would that, do you mean like her stuff is part of this nest or what do you think that would mean if you know.
*JS said, Im not sure.*

Okay, do you recall getting that text from stephan that night, that MS had settled into her nest for the night?
*JS said, i don't remember the texts no.*

Okay, my understanding was that at some point you told them it was time to go to bed.
*JS said, yeah.*

And do you recall about what time that was?
*JS said, around 11:00.*

So thats consistent with getting home at 10:30, having this half hour discussion and eating your pub sub?
*JS nods yes, LE clarifies if it is a yes and she said yes.*

Do they comply with your wishes to go upstairs when you say that about 11:00?
*JS said, uh yes, they do. uhm...*

Is there any further communication between either you and MS or you and SS about, allright kids, time to go to bed. Anything like that? Or was that the last you had heard from either one of them that night?
*JS said, i think at some point, stephan comes downstairs to use the restroom and then goes back upstairs. But i don't, after that i don't recall interacting or saying anything to SS.*

Okay, and my understanding is that you had some sort of parental controls over MS phone. Is that accurate?
*JS said, im not sure by parental controls exactly. I didn't have any limits or anything on the phone. *

Well like for instance if she wanted to install game pigeon does that have to go through you?
*JS said, yeah yeah yeah, so any permission for any apps she would have to ask me for.*

JS is essentially going to be a witness for the State

Snipped for focus

I really can't understand why JS would be needed as a witness against SS. There is video evidence of him driving around with poor Maddie's deceased body in his car, for crying out loud.

That along with the images of him abusing poor Maddie that were found on his phone create a strong circumstantial case, IMO.

IANAL though.

When he asks her if M went to her room before she left for school to say goodbye to her, and she chuckles and says “I would have hoped she would have come in to say goodbye to me …”

56:34 JS makes it sound as if Maddie spent an hour in the shower nightly.

How big was their hot water heater to accommodate a nightly hour-long shower, along with the needs of at least 3 other people in the house?

Maddie sounds very relatable. I love taking showers. Bathing at the end of the day is so soothing. I remember back in high school and college sometimes could spend 45-60 minutes in the shower using every single Bath and Body Works scrub I have at home. I lived with 5 other people so I always made sure to shower after everyone was pretty much in bed.

Also, hearing that Maddie was taking the anti-anxiety medication hydroxyzine and also shared a bed with her grandmother when there, I wonder if any of her medical or care team members ever fully addressed with her the root of her sleep anxiety? I only ask because any further examination of it may show, even in the subtlest details, that it was rooted in the SA or it was used to prey on or manipulate Maddie by predators, like SS, or those wishing to cause her physical or emotional harm. Perhaps when LE or law officials review those notes again they will find something, like a pattern, that could be used to screen for future cases and prevent its reoccurrence and another kid continuing to be chronically abuse again or further.

Noticing JS can’t remember is Maddie said bye to her that morning and her occasional shoddy memory I wonder if SS took advantage of JS’ antidepressants treatment and use of THC, any other medications or substances to target, abuse, harm and kill Maddie that morning? Years ago in school people would complain how fatigued antidepressants make them. Similarly alcohol in particular and /or using THC while also being treated with anti-depressants also can make people sleep deeper and wake up later in the day. Some people feel sedated and suffer from short and long term memory loss as their brains are unable to focus. Predators preying on another parent’s kid could use this parent’s state of being to assault and attack the child knowing the guardian/parent will barely be able to comprehend or respond to the sounds, call for help, kids leaving for school and saying bye or other stimulus in their surrounding environment in general. SS also even told police he gave some of his anti-anxiety medication to JS the night Maddie was reported missing because she was having a panic attack. This could further have compromised her memory as it did his according to him during his interview in which he also admitted to taking more than prescribed of these pills himself too.

If JS did experience states like these while SS was there this could have unfortunately compromised Maddie’s safety or made her more vulnerable emotionally and physically at home despite her mother being present. Hopefully this another area that forensics and doctors can discuss as they contribute to getting justice for Maddie.

Last edited:
Allright and does that ring a bell as to occurring that sunday?... Game pigeon?
*JS said, yeah i dont remember.*

Okay, alright so thats the last time you hear from either one of them until the morning, my understanding is that stephan comes down and is dealing with your dog?
*JS said, yeah*

So is there any communication other than perhaps stephan coming down to use the restroom uhm is there any other communication that you have between SS and MS? Do you see them? now i have said communicate, but do you see them? Do you go up and check on them, do you see MS or SS from the point you kicked them out at 11:00 PM until you see SS at 8 in the morningish is what you guess for the dog?
*JS said, yeah uhm no i didn't, i didn't see them.*

Okay, now when you go to sleep, do you sleep through the night or do you kind of wake up and not have consistent good sleep?
*JS said, i sleep through the night.*

Okay so there wouldn't be any points in time where you get up and your taking steps or just checking on your phone, because you can't go back to sleep. As far as you remember, when you go to sleep your out until the dog thing in the morning?
*JS said, yeah and some mumbling i could not understand.*

Did you hear or see anything during those hours involving SS or MS?
*JS said, i didn't hear or see anything that night.*

Okay, allright what's the first thing you remember when you wake up after having gone to sleep?
*JS said, i wake up to SS trying to put the leash on the dog.*

Okay, now is this the first time that you've ever woken up to SS trying to put a leash on your dog or is that something that has occurred before in the past?
*JS said, honestly, this is the first time. Uhm its not normal for any of us to put the leash on the dog, on the bed because if he's on top of any like bed, couch anything. He'll pee. He gets really nervous. You have to do it on the floor. So i found it really weird that he did that. but..*

Alright so let me ask it a little more broadly, is this the first time SS ever come into your room while your sleeping to take the dog out for you in the morning?
*JS said, uhhhhhhhm i can't recall. and some mumbling i could not understand*

Trying to do more tomorrow.

Maddie sounds very relatable. I love taking showers. Bathing at the end of the day is so soothing. I remember back in high school and college sometimes could spend 45-60 minutes in the shower using every single Bath and Body Works scrub I have at home. I lived with 5 other people so I always made sure to shower after everyone was pretty much in bed.

Also, hearing that Maddie was taking the anti-anxiety medication hydroxyzine and also shared a bed with her grandmother when there, I wonder if any of her medical or care team members ever fully addressed with her the root of her sleep anxiety? I only ask because any further examination of it may show, even in the subtlest details, that it was rooted in the SA or it was used to prey on or manipulate Maddie by predators, like SS, or those wishing to cause her physical or emotional harm. Perhaps when LE or law officials review those notes again they will find something, like a pattern, that could be used to screen for future cases and prevent its reoccurrence and another kid continuing to be chronically abuse again or further.

Noticing JS can’t remember is Maddie said bye to her that morning and her occasional shoddy memory I wonder if SS took advantage of JS’ antidepressants treatment and use of THC, any other medications or substances to target, abuse, harm and kill Maddie that morning? Years ago in school people would complain how fatigued antidepressants make them. Similarly alcohol in particular and /or using THC while also being treated with anti-depressants also can make people sleep deeper and wake up later in the day. Some people feel sedated and suffer from short and long term memory loss as their brains are unable to focus. Predators preying on another parent’s kid could use this parent’s state of being to assault and attack the child knowing the guardian/parent will barely be able to comprehend or respond to the sounds, call for help, kids leaving for school and saying bye or other stimulus in their surrounding environment in general. SS also even told police he gave some of his anti-anxiety medication to JS the night Maddie was reported missing because she was having a panic attack. This could further have compromised her memory as it did his according to him during his interview in which he also admitted to taking more than prescribed of these pills himself too.

If JS did experience states like these while SS was there this could have unfortunately compromised Maddie’s safety or made her more vulnerable emotionally and physically at home despite her mother being present. Hopefully this another area that forensics and doctors can discuss as they contribute to getting justice for Maddie.
I think JS 's very selective memory is due to her wanting to avoid answering questions which she finds awkward.

Allright and does that ring a bell as to occurring that sunday?... Game pigeon?
*JS said, yeah i dont remember.*

Okay, alright so thats the last time you hear from either one of them until the morning, my understanding is that stephan comes down and is dealing with your dog?
*JS said, yeah*

So is there any communication other than perhaps stephan coming down to use the restroom uhm is there any other communication that you have between SS and MS? Do you see them? now i have said communicate, but do you see them? Do you go up and check on them, do you see MS or SS from the point you kicked them out at 11:00 PM until you see SS at 8 in the morningish is what you guess for the dog?
*JS said, yeah uhm no i didn't, i didn't see them.*

Okay, now when you go to sleep, do you sleep through the night or do you kind of wake up and not have consistent good sleep?
*JS said, i sleep through the night.*

Okay so there wouldn't be any points in time where you get up and your taking steps or just checking on your phone, because you can't go back to sleep. As far as you remember, when you go to sleep your out until the dog thing in the morning?
*JS said, yeah and some mumbling i could not understand.*

Did you hear or see anything during those hours involving SS or MS?
*JS said, i didn't hear or see anything that night.*

Okay, allright what's the first thing you remember when you wake up after having gone to sleep?
*JS said, i wake up to SS trying to put the leash on the dog.*

Okay, now is this the first time that you've ever woken up to SS trying to put a leash on your dog or is that something that has occurred before in the past?
*JS said, honestly, this is the first time. Uhm its not normal for any of us to put the leash on the dog, on the bed because if he's on top of any like bed, couch anything. He'll pee. He gets really nervous. You have to do it on the floor. So i found it really weird that he did that. but..*

Alright so let me ask it a little more broadly, is this the first time SS ever come into your room while your sleeping to take the dog out for you in the morning?
*JS said, uhhhhhhhm i can't recall. and some mumbling i could not understand*

Trying to do more tomorrow.
Thank you for working on this transcription!

Good point this could definitely be an unfortunate isolation tactic to prevent Maddie from confiding in other adults or friends or gaining the attention of those who would alert LE, CPS, the school or their most trusted social services program.

I wonder too if this could be a cultural thing too or a rule JS herself had to follow as a kid. I have a lot of friends and cousins, particularly those on my dad’s side from the West Indies, who were not allowed to go to sleepovers because their parents also had this rule.

I think too growing up a lot of parents stressed stranger danger to their kids not knowing that it is actually the people at home or who have the most access to your room or home that pose the biggest threat to kids. I think today that information is more commonly discussed now with parents and guardians at schools, hospitals and PTAs.

IIRC JS may have let SE may live at the apartment for free if he agreed to babysit Maddie after school and while JS was still at work. I’m not sure about how JS’ parents felt about but I do recall multiple interviews emphasizing her parents did not like him at all and were glad when he moved out. A friend of JS said once on a podcast that JS and her mom did not get along either which may have led to her using SS instead for childcare unfortunately.

He sounds somewhat like a free loader who likes to take advantage of people. For example, Maddie said to a friend once she didn’t like having him live with them anymore and that he ate all their food.

He also complained about living with his parents because they were old and had dogs but he lived with them for free and while unemployed. He also would borrow his dad’s car.

I think SS has a history of staying at JS even when they broken up according to one of his court docs discussing an ex-partner’s testimony. Supposedly he would watch over Maddie during this time but likely he was abusing her instead and cleaning and hiding the evidence before her mother got home. Maddie deserves justice and every child deserves to be safe from such disgusting predatory behaviors.

To be fair it is not that uncommon teenagers and girls who recently started their period, like those between 11-12 years old, may miss a period because their hormones and cycles are still regulating themselves and have not yet adjusted to the regular every 28-31 days that we are taught to expect.

Yes, in medical school and on the floor medical providers could do abdominal and anal exams and do swabs and stool tests via the use of gloves depending on the symptoms, like pain level, how often it occurs, if blood is present, fever, vomiting and such.

Regular abdominal pain, particularly lower abdominal pain, even if associated with constipation or constipation associated with one’s menstrual cycle, may also cause the doctors to do pelvic exams and vaginal swabs with parents or, in some states, adolescent patients permission.

Some of these physical exam tests may not be enough though and require the use of more invasive or technical procedures, like ultrasounds, laparoscopy or colonoscopy.
responding respectfully to: "To be fair it is not that uncommon teenagers and girls who recently started their period, like those between 11-12 years old, may miss a period because their hormones and cycles are still regulating themselves and have not yet adjusted to the regular every 28-31 days that we are taught to expect."

absolutely agree with you about regulation of monthlies at that age.

however, the contradiction is: JS answers she did not notice anything about Madeline menstruating via use of feminine products (or not using) 'until AFTER everything happened' (missing/death). she should have ended her response there but she chose to punctuate her response with an explanation designed for a 'yes' answer. how can she say she thought this was one of those situations again (which is why she wouldnt be concerned or bring it up with Madeline) when she didnt realize it until after she is missing/deceased?

IMO, that is a big reveal to me that she felt the need to throw in the irregularity of Madeline as to what would NOT prompt her to be concerned OR discuss with Madeline. IMO, she knew, spoke with Madeline and it relates to her death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo
Back