Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's so sad that Maddie's bio dad felt like he was just starting to establish a real relationship with her.

He didn't have the funds to go to court to fight for his parental rights. During their last visit he and his wife spoke to Maddie about her possibly coming to live with them and she was open to the idea.

He sounds way angrier at SS than I've ever heard JS sound.

JS's onetime husband Steven tells officers that JS really loved Maddie.

I believe him. Maybe in the past, but I haven't seen a single indication of that in the present.

His interview had me feeling very sad for JS. He said she had lots of mental health issues because she'd been through some serious stuff.

His interview had me feeling very sad for JS. He said she had lots of mental health issues because she'd been through some serious stuff.

Yes, I agree. It's hard not to feel compassion for her.

At the same time, it's hard not to feel utter contempt for her that if she wasn't able to properly care for Maddie due to her issues, she should have enlisted the help of her huge family, or Maddie's bio dad.

But she didn't.

IMO she wanted to keep SS around for God knows what reason and she used Maddie as bait to keep him.

Last edited:
Serial killers often have the most horrendous childhoods. But I don't feel sorry for them, and I don't feel sorry for her.

We can't control what happens to us, but we have choices about how we impact the world. And every day JS sent Madeline off to bed with SS so that she could get a good night's sleep, she, IMO, did so knowing exactly what the risk was, and just didn't care. And that is something she did over and over again, for seven years of Madeline's short life.

If she had even the slightest bit of knowledge of what he was doing at any point in that seven years and did it anyway, then she trafficked her daughter for her own convenience. There's not really any way around that, and I have no sympathy for her whatsoever. Letecia Stauch had a bad childhood, too, and you won't catch me crying for her, either.

Millions of people have horrible childhoods and live their lives doing their best to not inflict hurt on those around them, because they don't want to cause the pain they felt to anyone. They're the ones to feel sympathy for. The JSes and Letecia Stauches of the world are more like rabid animals. Worse, because at least rabies is a disease. Those two are just mean and selfish and lethal to their children.

MOO

Yes, I agree. It's hard not to feel compassion for her.

At the same time, it's hard not to feel utter contempt for her that if she wasn't able to properly care for Maddie due to her issues, she should have enlisted the help of her huge family, or Maddie's bio dad.

But she didn't.

IMO she wanted to keep SS around for God knows what reason and she used Maddie as bait to keep him.
exactly Izzy, there are times when I feel compassion for her, other times, utter contempt and shock at her complete lack of self awareness.

Jennifer, who broke down in tears at times during the interview, pushes back.

“If I knew anything, I promise you I would tell you,” she says, offering to take a lie detector test.

“I've never seen any signs, I tried watching her like a hawk, I thought I was doing a good job but I wasn't,” she says, breaking down. “I was oblivious to everything for four years.”

It’s like the one detective said — every juvenile offender arrested for burglary tries to claim they were too doped up at the time to remember what they did. But unless she was completely incapacitated (and she wasn’t), being “sedated” is not a valid excuse for why she can’t remember what she and SS talked about during the 4 hours they spent sitting in the car outside while detectives searched their home for evidence.

She never even once asked why are they looking at you? What really happened? Why did they take your phone? What aren’t you telling me? Or even what do you think they might be looking for?

That truly just defies all logic.
Yes and this wasn't a one time thing. SS had been sexually abusing Maddie from the age of 8 yo to 13.

A lot of people in this world have had terrible childhoods, a lot people suffer from depression, anxiety, etc. That is NOT an excuse to willingly turn a blind eye to what is happening in your own home with your knowledge to your child. JS was Maddie's mother and protector, or supposed to be. It sounds like Maddie was more of an inconvenience to JS.

Nothing JS says causes me to feel sympathy for her, but it does devastate me for what Maddie endured for most of her young life. No child deserves that in any way, ever. Maddie was sexually assaulted for years and ultimately murdered by JS's boyfriend. It sickens me and makes my heart physically hurt.

JMO

My impression is all three of them suffer from the results of misusing medications both legal and illegal, prescription, street, and OTC — Maddie’s more indirectly. This is only my opinion based on life experience but absolutely I think Stephan chooses to present with ADHD to get stimulants and his anxiety is circular depending on whether he is coming on or off Ambian, THC/CBD, alcohol, other prescriptions for anxiety, AND/or OTC stuff he adds. My impression is similar with JS — over using or haphazardly combing the stuff she uses I think could give her false readings/symtoms for bipolar, anxiety, insomnia, etc.

I included Maddie because my personal impression is that she might not have had ADHD, high anxiety, and learning issues (or at not as severe as JS says) if she had a more stable and nurturing home environment, and “parents” who were dosing her with who knows what. I’ve had a lot of exposure to folks with mental health issues and learning differences. Improper use of the drugs they were prescribed along with pot, alcohol, and OTC self-medication can really mess you up. It takes real skill in a psychiatrist to tease out ADHD from anxiety. You won’t do well in school if you are “hung over” from sleeping pills or mixing prescriptions with certain OTCs, or if you didn’t get proper rest at all. How can you learn or have incentive with the conditions she was living under? >> OMO.

I wonder how Maddie would have done in school, emotionally, and socialy if her home life had been healthy and supportive, and she wasn’t given a mix of medications? We know she wouldn’t have needed Miralax. OMO.
IMO, there was no consistent monitoring of meds when Madeline got older. JS tried to present herself as a committed parent, that Madeline was monitored with her meds ALL OF THE TIME (JS states in her LE audio/video interview March 1st).

from her best friend's interview with LE, Madeline told her she stopped taking her meds on Feb 14. the best friend also said that Madeline told her she had 'more energy' when she didnt take them...and she would tell others when she didnt take them. this leads me to believe Madeline began controlling her meds herself PRIOR to Feb 14...whether left alone to take them and she did not, or was watched<-----she could have faked swallowing.

fast forward to the subpoena LE interview and now she says Madeline was allowed from time to time to take them herself..."I believe I told Maddie to take them herself". JS's sister in her interview also said when she dropped Madeline off she told her to take her shower and meds. for me that confirms Madeline was not being closely monitored, at least in Dec Jan and part of Feb. note: SS was NOT there.

subpoena interview:

"she would have been in pajamas, I can't recall the exact pajamas but she would have been in pajamas um she had already by this point in the evening she had already showered and changed out of that birthday dress'. but: JS states she wasnt sure if Madeline was finished with her 'bedtime routine', yet she was showered and supposedly in sleeping apparel. what was left to do in her routine? JS cannot confirm Madeline took her bedtime medication, "that did not occur on my call".

IMO, the cleaned up account of events by JS in the subpoena interview reinforced my opinion she never saw Madeline ALIVE when she came home.

I heard at the very end of that new video today when they asked her " why didnt you go with (Stephan) to look for maddie " and she said Because "I had to stay home and take my meds and go to sleep" that about says it all.
I couldn't agree more. That was a shocking statement to me. IDK how or WHY anyone would want to sleep when your child is missing. I understand wanting to stay at home hoping she shows up, but sleeping?!? Her priorities are so messed up.

Last edited:
I wonder if that obsessive control over "giving MS her meds" had little to do with dispensing them and everything to do with getting a repeating script for ADHD meds MS never actually received. Maybe SHE was getting all the Vitamin Ds and someone else was getting her adderall.... the drifter.

JMO
Or selling it.

I heard at the very end of that new video today when they asked her " why didnt you go with (Stephan) to look for maddie " and she said Because "I had to stay home and take my meds and go to sleep" that about says it all. 1:44:26
yeah. That statement right there spoke volumes about the priorities in play. I don't believe MS was ever much of one for her mother, not even after she was reported missing. JMO

If she was selling it, it would be to SS or a roommate. She isn't the type to do much 'work' for anything, so it would have to be extremely easy for her.
SS was getting money from somewhere. Drugs, and selling photos online?
IMO JS knew about the s stuff, MS did what she did not want to do anymore. And she could keep her boyfriend. They made money on poor MS. IMO.

I hope she gets charged. A few weeks in jail might turn SS against her, and he might spill the beans.

Yes and this wasn't a one time thing. SS had been sexually abusing Maddie from the age of 8 yo to 13.

A lot of people in this world have had terrible childhoods, a lot people suffer from depression, anxiety, etc. That is NOT an excuse to willingly turn a blind eye to what is happening in your own home with your knowledge to your child. JS was Maddie's mother and protector, or supposed to be. It sounds like Maddie was more of an inconvenience to JS.

Nothing JS says causes me to feel sympathy for her, but it does devastate me for what Maddie endured for most of her young life. No child deserves that in any way, ever. Maddie was sexually assaulted for years and ultimately murdered by JS's boyfriend. It sickens me and makes my heart physically hurt.

JMO
Yes @girlhasnoname ^^^ so sad and true.

And the shocking thing IMO, I have a difficult time thinking that during at least one time together between the three of them (i.e. JS, SS, and MS)* - just once - even if for 5 minutes….. that something wasn’t awkward….. maybe some uncomfortable conversation or glance or something? Or that some unusual interaction didn’t occur which caused someone - other than MS - to say wait a minute, what is going on here? I am trying hard to believe nothing in 6 or 7 years? After all that time nothing? SMH

*to clarify this refers not to a sleeping event or the like with the three. But something like a breakfast, standing in the kitchen, a walk, sitting together in the living room (i.e. MS ‘living space’), driving somewhere together, or a car ride to a relative’s house?

As to the latest People expose with JS, borrowing this from fellow sleuther @887sMtreme on another thread “I can’t wait not to read that”. SMH. As many have said…… MS deserved so much better. :( MOO

SS was getting money from somewhere. Drugs, and selling photos online?
IMO JS knew about the s stuff, MS did what she did not want to do anymore. And she could keep her boyfriend. They made money on poor MS. IMO.

I hope she gets charged. A few weeks in jail might turn SS against her, and he might spill the beans.
I agree that SS could have been selling MS medication, JS just seemed to lazy but she may have allowed SS to do that, I can see that. He did have money for stuff and I don't think all of it came from his parents. JS did seem to put a lot of chores she didn't want to do to MS, so it is possible that included the SA stuff also.

Or maybe SS was using her ADHD meds, one of his friends did say he abused Adderall.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back