Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here are the notes I jotted down while listening to the JS interview video. I meant to share these yesterday but left them at work, lol.

The most emotion shown throughout the entire video occurred when JS realized her birthday was the next day. It’s the ONLY time she was genuinely sobbing. “This is the WORST birthday ever!”

Ok. But what about YOUR DAUGHTER’S birthday?

The first 30-45 minutes sound sooooo scripted. Especially when she narrates her conversations with Stephan. For example, in response to him saying he accidentally erased his phone… “I asked him well how did you do that? And then I told him oh really, that sucks.”

Like seriously? We don’t need a lengthy verbatim play by play of a conversation that tells us nothing. Where is all this detail in the conversations that you had that truly matter?

The only time she shows anger towards SS is when she talks about him spending money that he doesn’t have and then again when she talks about him crying during his TV interview. We don’t see that same response when she’s talking about how he raped and murdered her daughter.

When the detective asks what she and SS talked about while they were searching the house, there’s an EXTREMELY long pause before she never really answers the question. She just gives him a lot of vague nothing. Same thing when he circles back to this question later.

She says she didn’t leave her house because she didn’t want to deal with people’s heavy emotions and expressions of sympathy if recognized in public.

She says… “I believed the ‘SEX STUFF’ but I still didn’t want to believe he had done anything EVIL to her. I wanted to think he was still a good guy.”

I have no words. Actually, no. I have words. I have too many words. That “sex stuff” you’re referring to is RAPE. And raping a child IS evil. It’s more evil than committing murder, if you ask me. And it’s certainly not something a good guy would subject your daughter to for years on end.

Q: Have you ever gone through his phone?
A: Who me?
YES, YOU.

He must have killed her Sunday night and snuck her out Monday morning. He must have moved her to the trunk of the car. He must have gone back to the location where “he dumped her body”.

Her theories and the detachment with which she voices them might be the most disturbing part of it all.
He must have killed her Sunday night and snuck her out Monday morning. He must have moved her to the trunk of the car. He must have gone back to the location where “he dumped her body”.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you, and this:
JS: but like I feel like he went back to change, to check to make sure he did a good job or to move the body again
:eek: "the body" 'good job'. kind of interesting she was about to say CHANGE<----IMO, as in clothing?

question:
I need you to tell me what you think happened to her
JS: I think he killed her that night
Q How?
JS: I don't know could it probably be possible that he drugged her, could could he have choked her I I just don't know how you kill someone and don't leave a mess or don't leave evidence or I mean was there a mess, is there evidence I haven't gone upstairs I don't know what you guys, I barely went into the house today so I don't know."

but when asked again, she rephrases and says IF:
JS: and IF it was done upstairs I could just only imagine that he choked her I don't know how else you would kill someone and not leave a mess.

a few moments ago she is distancing herself from upstairs altogether.

Did she check with anyone to see if MS somehow made it home? Did she check every room? Looking for any clue, what MS may have taken with her, to get a sense of what MS might have been thinking? You don't have to think the worst until you've run out of all the better places to look.

JMO

I think the state has no interest in prosecuting JS. I suspect its because they feel they need her as witness in SS case. MOO she will make a very poor one. She has serious credibility issues, and does not at all make a sympathetic witness. MOO

I agree that she would make a poor witness. And I don't think the state needs her to prosecute SS. If anything, her credibility issues could raise doubt over whether she or SS killed Maddie, which I am sure is going to be SS's defense.

"She killed her, I just tried to help her cover it up."

I believe CS was referring to his father or his wife's father -- i.e., SS's grandfather.
the parents audio interview:
CS: you know we're missing a Rolex. you know uh where did that go...
DS: my father's Rolex
CS: so you know he would never fess up to that and again where did all this money come from.. where's his Omega watch you know so I'm assuming where all this money was coming from is that maybe he sold off his Omega and maybe sold off the Rolex which I find shocking he would sell that Rolex first before he would sell his Omega because that's how much he cherished that watch. he inherited some money and immediately went out and spent $7,000 on a watch like he really needed to. I have no idea where that went.

seems like it was DS's father he inherited money from. because she mentions the rolex was her father's.

I agree that she would make a poor witness. And I don't think the state needs her to prosecute SS. If anything, her credibility issues could raise doubt over whether she or SS killed Maddie, which I am sure is going to be SS's defense.

"She killed her, I just tried to help her cover it up."
They dont need JS they have 1700 pieces of direct evidence. He's going away forever just for that.

Last edited:
as an aside, thats one crazy-a$$ analogy, cant trust men, its ingrained in her, but then she decides to 'trust SS'<---it seems to me she was trying to prove to her mother she was wrong....and would keep him around to spite her mother's mantra, who may have rang alarm bells with JS, along with other family. I reflect back on JS stating she didnt get along with her family. no specifics.

I believe mom/family DID ring the alarm bells, maybe something subtle or not so subtle instances of SS's behaviour with Madeline and JS poo poo'd it. the entire dissertation she gave in the LE interview about never hearing or seeing anything sounds as if she gave that excuse before, to someone.
I agree. I can’t help but think that JS stayed with SS out of stubbornness. Her mother straight up says she doesn’t like him, her father kicks him out after he stopped paying rent, he was not invited to the birthday party and in police cam video you can clearly feel the tension between the family and JS after SS shows up while she speaks to the police about Maddie missing. JS roommates don’t seem to like him that much either or at least are uncomfortable when he is around. Her ex-husband seems to find SS distasteful too and SS didn’t bring money to the table, he ate their food despite not paying for it and he could be really mean to Maddie according to Maddie’s friend. JS didn’t even like it when he talked down to her daughter or tried to speak/discipline her. So why stay? Why trust him? What makes him worthy of being anywhere near your daughter and why did she prefer him over her mother and sister?

According to JS and her ex-husband she and her family didn’t get along and she seems to have let her cling onto SS even at the expense of Maddie and all the alarm bells that were ringing in her head. When it comes to family It is one thing to try to prove a point out of pride or to distance yourself but that should only be acceptable when it applies to your own life and not when it comes to compromising the safety, health and well-being of your child or anybody else.

If she was that concerned about Maddie’s well-being and safety in terms of being sexually assaulted or groomed by a predator why not prevent that by never letting Maddie sleep alone with SS in the first place? Why not speak to Maddie and her providers about these things so that she can be screened and properly cared for if she was a victim or targeted by someone? Did she ever talk to Maddie about reproductive health, IPV, child predators, rape, sexual assault, dating or any of those things? I know she knew Maddie had a crush on someone so did she ever give her now teenage daughter the “talk” knowing she might start dating or hanging out with boys soon?

Did she check with anyone to see if MS somehow made it home? Did she check every room? Looking for any clue, what MS may have taken with her, to get a sense of what MS might have been thinking? You don't have to think the worst until you've run out of all the better places to look.

JMO
I think JS was told to stay at her mother’s office where she made the original 911 call but beforehand she checked the area behind the school and around the block where a trail is and went to the main office and emailed a friend who works at Maddie’s school if they had seen her. She also called Maddie’s best friend and received a call from the principal and all three school administrators and Maddie’s best friend Maddie did not attend school that day.

IIRC JS’ father may have driven back to their house to see if she somehow made it home while the rest of the family waited with JS for the police, called 911 two more times and checked Maddie’s SM.

<modsnip - not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ive always told HIM..." so she was talking to him
It's bad enough as it is, but she says, I've ALWAYS told him ..." So it wasn't just a fleeting thought she had one day. She's been telling him for a long time (ALWAYS) that she sees a Woody Allen situation happening in the future. She knew the relationship wasn't a normal one IMO for a long time.

Has there been an autopsy report yet?
Yes and no. Yes, there was an autopsy report, no, we aren't allowed to see it due to Maddie being a minor who died as an act of domestic violence.

(b) An autopsy report of a minor whose death was related to an act of domestic violence held by a medical examiner is confidential and exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution, except that a surviving parent of the deceased minor may view and copy the autopsy report if the surviving parent did not commit the act of domestic violence which led to the minor's death.

YES !!! and if it does continue she has no reason to fear it... gotcha. Took me a minute to think this one out. lol (great point BTW)
I guess she didn’t plan on Maddie growing up one day and realizing that what he had been doing to her since she was eight years old was wrong.
Not to mention the turmoil she endured knowing nobody stopped it.
IMO

as a witness, I agree. major credibility issues.
I hope they can get JS for child endangerment, see below:

Neglect or child endangerment also includes failing to make a reasonable effort to protect the child from abuse, neglect or exploitation by others. Note that in Florida, neglect may be based on repeated conduct or a single incident that resulted, or could have resulted, in serious physical or mental harm, or a substantial risk of death, to a child.

OffenseCategoryMaximum imprisonmentMaximum fine
Child abuse3rd degree felony5 years$5,000
Child neglect without aggravating factors3rd degree felony5 years$5,000
Child neglect great bodily harm2nd degree felony15 years$10,000
Child abuse great bodily harm1st degree felony30 years$10,000

Last edited:

I guess she didn’t plan on Maddie growing up one day and realizing that what he had been doing to her since she was eight years old was wrong.
Not to mention the turmoil she endured knowing nobody stopped it.
IMO
I think JS should be worried about getting a lawyer herself!

Letting a grown man sleep with a young girl, a child no less, is child endangerment that ended up causing great bodily harm...... We all know how men wake up in the morning, ready to roll. Yet, JS allowed this for years??

I wonder what Maddie's grandparents are thinking about now.

A lot of new information is coming out. People that abuse animals and children are the worse, imo. I have NO sympathy for them. NONE.

I think JS was told to stay at her mother’s office where she made the original 911 call but beforehand she checked the area behind the school and around the block where a trail is and went to the main office and emailed a friend who works at Maddie’s school if they had seen her. She also called Maddie’s best friend and received a call from the principal and all three school administrators and Maddie’s best friend Maddie did not attend school that day.

IIRC JS’ father may have driven back to their house to see if she somehow made it home while the rest of the family waited with JS for the police, called 911 two more times and checked Maddie’s SM.

<modsnip - not an approved source>
There should be a nationwide law that when a student is marked as absent from school without prior notice from a parent or guardian, the school contacts the responsible party to confirm the absence of the student. Perhaps name it Maddie’s Law, in her memory.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
culley2821
Back