Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also of note - she said he took her to school. He said he dropped her at the church parking lot. Of course neither was true.
I think this all speaks to a below average person who is making up stories on the fly, trying to stay ahead of what he has done. SS did something very early morning or the evening before that resulted in her death. We will find out about that later from LE and the trial.

He hastily and carelessly tries to make up a plausible story but he isn't very smart. Dumps her things where they will easily be found, doesn't realize where the cameras are: misses the ones at the dumpster, assumes ones at the school so he makes up a story about dropping her off somewhere else, missing the cameras there, factory reset on his phone and on and on with the dumb.

This is a clown college crime.

The Florida Sheriff overseeing the area where 13-year-old Madeline Soto was found dead last week is under fire for seemingly posting a photo from the crime scene by mistake.
Details here

Madeline Soto: Crime scene photo 'accidentally included' in social media post, sheriff says
Madeline Soto: Crime scene photo 'accidentally included' in social media post, sheriff says

I'm not sure why I am surprised but ugh, as if! How did this even happen?! So sloppy and beyond disrespectful.

I'm listening to the GH video with Frank....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSZo18U5arc&t=2s

- Frank says he saw SS the weekend BEFORE Madeline was reported missing - so that puts us to:
Feb 16/17/18 (I didn't hear if a specific date on the weekend was mentioned). Frank says he was supposed to have gone to mom's place that weekend, but he didn't.
- he only met mom one time, over FaceTime.
- he didn't get a weird vibe from SS - but SS def had an addiction to Adderall
- Stayed up late and didn't work and had pretty expensive RPG games. Wasn't working at all when he first met him three years ago.
- woke up 4:30-5pm every day.
- He and mom had split up and he moved back in with his parents.
- Moved in with Jen when he worked at Disney, but they split up.
- Doesn't believe they were a couple (Frank). They broke up within 6 months of him moving there and working at Disney - and that is why he moved back to his parent's place at NorthPort.
- He referred to Madeline as his step-daughter and this baffles Frank.
- SS was a "very giving person" and Frank says you wouldn't the guy was like this.
- He says SS felt a "strong bond" with Madeline.
- SS told her mom took a lot of medication for a lot of mental health things.
- When did they break up the last time? About a year -- year and a half ago.
- Very clear they were broken up but he was staying there at that house for at least three months. He was coming back for Thanksgiving, and was probably back by Christmas. Was living there the whole time they weren't in a relationship - according to SS - he was staying in a spare bedroom there. He lives at his parent's place.
- Says he played Warhammer and Magic The Gathering with SS - but SS had a lot of weird stuff - nerdy - he is a gamer & likes Star Wars memoribilia, nerf guns and things like that.
- Grey clarifies - 3 years ago, he was living with parents when they met. A year later, he was living with Jen (mom). And then they were together for about 6 months and broke up. He then was STILL living with Jen in a guest room. He moved back to his parent's place about 3/4 months ago.
- Was at a bar called "Deans" with SS and a cougar hit on him, but SS was not interested which Frank found odd since SS was single. This was first time Frank intro'd him to his other friends, they had a couple beers, was normal.
- Says he is NO GOOD at lying - said he had some spicy Latina and Frank just let him talk, but didn't believe it.
- When he came back - he lost a drastic amount of weight and looked sick - told Frank he'd call off sick from work at Disney some days.
- Frank says SS and Madeline had contact even when he wasn't living there - she would text him and talk to him (Frank asks if he groomed her hard enough that she loved him)?
- Frank says no one was ever allowed to his house, his mom bred poodles and the house was packed with massive amounts of dogs. He had been in his room one time, and it was a disorganized mess of someone who takes Adderall - (room at his mother's house).
- SS was driving his father's car - Frank doesn't know what happened to SS's car (nor are we told what kind of car SS had).
- Hadn't heard from SS in about 2-2.5 weeks and now realizes its because of this stuff
- Didn't have many friends, never heard him talk about other friends, ever.
- Played card games and smoked a joint with him when they met up. Normal stuff.
- He wouldn't eat - saw him eat once, he had pizza that one time.
- Went out rarely with him. Was supposed to come to a concert with him in a few weeks but not now.
- Weird that he seemed to feel a real strong connection to Maddie, but nothing ever came up about teenage girls or young children and he never would have suspected that (Frank).
- He showed up (came back) clean shaven 3/4 months ago.
- Had the beard the entire time just about prior to that.
- Frank has called police to share his info with them, but to the point of when GH posted the video, police had not yet called him back.

MY NOTES:
- I read through a stack of comments under the GH video last night and in one, Grey indicates that he checked and the guy's phone number does go back to a man by the name of the caller. For those interested, the comments under the video link are interesting to read through.
- Grey Hughes also tags someone in a comment and invites them to email him - I do not know what that was about, but am hopeful perhaps it is someone else who knows SS or mom who may have info to share with LE.
- I am now wondering if SS groomed Maddie such that perhaps she felt they were in some sort of relationship together? She would sadly not be the first young kid this has happened to.
- Perhaps SS told his friends that JS (mom) was "crazy" and had mental health issues in an effort to make it seem that he was a saint, and she was out of line? This is a fairly common tactic by abusive partners. It helps to isolate their victims further, and helps ensure people don't take the victim seriously when / if they disclose abuse of any kind by their abusers.
- What Frank did NOT say: although he noted that SS was in contact with Maddie, and we weren't told what that contact was about - he did NOT say that SS ever said Maddie had mental health issues. He did note that SS said the mother did.
- Why did he go clean shaven and then grow it all back when he returned to stay with JS?
- What happened to his car? What car did he have!?!?

SS voluntarily handed the in his phone, which is why he was arrested as images were found on his phone LE have Madeline's phone.
I hope they have any other devices she may have had as well (eg: ereaders sometimes have internet access, tablets, computers, old phones she may have used, or even ipods - some kids get old ipods to text on!).

Her Mom claimed that her and boyfriend dropped off MS at school/near school!? Has this been discussed here yet?
I was confused by that too. Initially in her video interview she said "we" dropped her off near school. Later in that same interview she clarified that she wasn't there, but that her "partner" had dropped off Madeline near school.

I was confused by that too. Initially in her video interview she said "we" dropped her off near school. Later in that same interview she clarified that she wasn't there, but that her "partner" had dropped off Madeline near school.
To me, that shows that she genuinely and sincerely believed that whatever happened to MS happened after being dropped off. The details prior, unimportant.

I imagine every part of her soul is crushed and reeling now.

Jmo

To me, that shows that she genuinely and sincerely believed that whatever happened to MS happened after being dropped off. The details prior, unimportant.

I imagine every part of her soul is crushed and reeling now.

Jmo
I agree, she was simply parroting what she'd been told by her partner about the morning's events. regrettably she used the word we first then later clarified. I am not suggesting she did so for any other reason than she thought of she and SS as a unit, a partnership, and therefore used the term we rather than he.

. Monday morning we took her to school, we dropped her off close to school, across the street from a church, which is very... it's right next to the school... she crossed the street and walked to school, what we thought walked to school. my boyfriend who drove her to school, drove away at that point, it was seen on video that she hung out in the parking lot of the church for a few minutes. ... and then she got up and walked to school"

Last edited:
Did MS's father ever express concern about SS living at the house? What address was SS using on his taxes and drivers licence? Is he listed on the lease or mortgage? Was he employed? Where? When did he leave Disney and why.

So, once again...if they all lived together, where was he supposedly coming from when he "picked her up" to take her to school?
I'm wondering that, too. They live(d) in a gated community and in this newscast they say Madeline was "killed sometime in the overnight hours after the party". I'm wondering how they know she was killed in the overnight hours and not in the morning. Was SS there and did he leave to get rid of evidence or to get cleaning supplies or something else? There would be record of their comings and goings. Is that why they said he came to pick her up? I suspect the police know at least some of these answers. Prayer Vigil held for Madeline Soto

Why throw away backpack etc. Why not pack it with clothes n leave it next to MS to underline she ran away theory . .I'm no Agatha Christie but I feel this is an important point ...like in italics ...this was only necessary because mom didnt know what was going and was in the house that morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KY Cliffhanger