Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d bet the farm on it. The Sentinel says the clothing matches, and the Sheriff’s department hasn’t said it’s not her, which they certainly would do in order to dampen the criticism a bit.

Shameful - the world and its other half knows she was murdered, knows she's quite likely the victim mentioned in AA, then most likely pics of her deceased body were released on social media.
How is that treating a victim with respect and dignity?
Makes it even more heartbreaking

MOO, JmO etc

If my child was missing, I would be making sure every ‘i’ was dotted and every ‘t’ was crossed regarding details. There would be no ‘we’ slip up. Wrong information causes delays. Not placing blame anywhere, it’s just very odd…..something was off with the interviews

Could be just an early bird, could indicate some drugs he is taking, could indicate a mental condition he has.
But for sure it makes it notably more likely that something happened very early in the morning, not very late in the night as I initially assumed.
EDIT: So he is talking about the victims, Madeline's mum, who has been referred to as "Jess"? That could indicate a gaslighting-type manipulation and similar (oh she is so crazy) from SS and also that Madeline might not have wanted to "burden" her mother with any worries she might have had or how her mum might have missed some warning signs even more easily.
He wasn't an early bird though according to the friend. He slept until 4 or 5 PM in the afternoon.
The mom's name is Jen, not Jess.

What other plausible situations could explain coming back to throw the backpack ? Even if it was on the spur n not planned , what could have been the momentary logic ?
He might not have wanted to place anything with her body that would immediately give away her identity? He may have been hoping that her body would remain undiscovered long enough for decomposition to make her unrecognizable and didn't want to leave the backpack which might have had her name on it or inside it? Surely he would have known even in that case that DNA would identify her, but I can't think of any other reason other than he was in pure panic mode and absolutely not thinking at all (which also seems likely because everything about this screams sloppy and unplanned).

Maybe he was currently unemployed. A real catch overall !
I wonder if he contributed in any way during the on and off again living situation. Bought groceries, helped with any utility bills. Maybe, maybe not but JS had developed a sort of trust (gag) in SS and maybe it was helpful to her that she had someone to drive MS where she needed (albeit in his dad's car) which continued even when they were on an off cycle. And since SS had "bonded" (gross) with MS he was more than happy to assist on these occasions (probably offered). IMO

Thank you for the recap, @photographer4

I took some IMO more interesting bits out from the long list:

Could be just an early bird, could indicate some drugs he is taking, could indicate a mental condition he has.
But for sure it makes it notably more likely that something happened very early in the morning, not very late in the night as I initially assumed.

EDIT: So he is talking about the victims, Madeline's mum, who has been referred to as "Jess"? That could indicate a gaslighting-type manipulation and similar (oh she is so crazy) from SS and also that Madeline might not have wanted to "burden" her mother with any worries she might have had or how her mum might have missed some warning signs even more easily.

This could be simply that she needs money and he needs a place to stay, but tbh I am getting some DV-style manipulative and on-again-off-again vibes.

Similarly, this could indicate the drugs he takes or a mental condition he has.
Short sleep and lack of eating are common in manic episodes, that can present for example either as an idiopathic primary condition, or as a cannabis-induced and possibly chronic condition (repeated episodes) or as a part of a bipolar disorder, among many other things.
These symptoms can also often present due to bupropion use (used for depression and smoking cessation, among other things), aderall use (that Frank mentioned, used mostly for ADHD), and some other drugs similar to these.
Regarding the 4:30-5 time I noted. I understood that be when he would WAKE up, not when he'd go to sleep. Have I maybe misunderstood what was said in the video? I thought he was awake all hours of the night, and slept late in the day and in part that was thought to be due to the drug use...?

So SS took a lot of medication, or Maddy's mom took a lot of meds? The wording is a bit confusing, just want to clarify.

If so, most likely a benzo like Xanax or Klonopin.
To clarify - Frank stated that SS Told him that MOM (JS) took a lot of medication for mental health issues. Sorry I was unclear.

Oh, I read it as "SS told that his mum took a lot of meds". So 3 options here!
EDIT: Re-read it, is says "her mum", so I guess it is Maddies mum (and just happened to be mentioned close to him living with his mum). I have edited my previous post accordingly, too.
I'm so sorry if I've confused everyone! Frank told SS that Jen (Madeline's mom) took a lot of medications for mental health issues. I hope that clarifies.

Well, except I noticed her verbal communication skills were quite good. So it stands out that she would know the difference between pronouns. To me, it sounds like she was trying to make it sound like they both dropped Madeline off. Otherwise, why not specify from the beginning that it was just him dropping her off? Why cover that up by using the word "we". Then suddenly, she corrects herself, saying, well, it was my boyfriend who dropped her off. So, that shows she had awareness that saying "we" was not accurate. And on top of that, we now have the recent friend (Frank) stating they were not an actual couple any more, and he was not even living with her, so far as what SS told his friend anyway. But she called him her partner and boyfriend. A lot of discrepancies unfortunately. I would think she'd want to be forthcoming of the true facts from the very beginning so as to find Madeline as quickly as possible. All together, it seemed as if she was misleading the interviewer. Why might that be? MOO.
partner, boyfriend...and then...the affidavit refers to SS as Madeline's stepfather?

A bit late in the day with this question but it's been bugging me.
Is it usual in a missing juvenile case for the warrant to be made public with such graphic details?
Honestly, it is the first I have ever seen one that was that graphic. I am someone who avoids the graphic details and I was stunned because it was so graphic for an arrest warrant. I believe that it was done in the case because LE already knew she was deceased because they had the video footage and SS dumping her back pack and computer (or at least I hope so). I also wondered if it was done to make absolutely clear to her mom what was going on. For what could be entirely innocent reasons (or not), in the interviews, mom is very "we" and united with SS.

ETA - it has occurred to me with all we know now about SS living situation and on-off relationship with mom that maybe mom was defensive or being protective of SS and LE wanted it to be absolutely clear that this man deserved NO loyalty. Otherwise, I can't imagine why it would be so graphic. It is usually much more "unlawful sexual contact with a minor" instead of such exact details. I am very interested in other people's theories on why it was so graphic because, leaked picture aside, LE here has done an exemplary job - video, backpack and computer, her body (so sadly) and arrest in a very short time.

Last ETA - any maybe LE wanted there to be no chance for any bond/bail. I can't imagine a judge reading that without taking those facts into consideration.

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone! I did out myself as a European and having a wine in several ways in my post, sorry about all the mess.
Just noting Madeline's mom is Jenn.
I'm sorry! Can't fix that any more :/
He wasn't an early bird though according to the friend. He slept until 4 or 5 PM in the afternoon.
Regarding the 4:30-5 time I noted. I understood that be when he would WAKE up, not when he'd go to sleep. Have I maybe misunderstood what was said in the video?
Uggh, sorry. I just read 4 and 5 automatically as AM, because we would use 16 and 17 over here and sometimes my brain jumps ahead of things.
Regarding the attack time, alas, we're back to "any time between the party and the video".

A bit late in the day with this question but it's been bugging me.
Is it usual in a missing juvenile case for the warrant to be made public with such graphic details?
This is FL. It’s a public record, unless it’s impedes an investigation. After public crucifixion, we fry’em. Florida doesn’t play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imdoey