Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the inconsistencies are concerning, but just a reminder that LE knew about this (JS’s original statement and their conflicting timeline) but still said she was not a suspect.

I believe they said she was "not a suspect at this time" which IMO isn't conclusive and leaves room for change if necessary.

I agree the inconsistencies are concerning, but just a reminder that LE knew about this (JS’s original statement and their conflicting timeline) but still said she was not a suspect.
They actual stated that she was not a suspect at this time. That gave them time to continue their enquiries and to keep an open mind.

I think this was noted way upthread, maybe in #1, regarding "familial or custodial authority". From the website of a Florida attorney (A Person With Familial Authority or Custodial Authority Soliciting or Committing Sexual Battery on a Child - Florida Statute 794.011(8)):

“A ‘custodian' is someone who has custody of another. ‘Custody’ connotes a duty or obligation to care for the other. Concerning a child, it usually implies that the person has some responsibilities in loco parentis.”

The explanation references teachers, etc. being included in this definition.
I am not a lawyer, but since SS was regularly with MS with the knowledge/permission of JS, it seems it was a custodial or familial arrangement, regardless of marital status.

Is it possible they would say that when it's not true to throw people off? Just curious.
IMO they would maintain that she was not a suspect until they had sufficient evidence to state that she IS a suspect. In other words, they’re probably not going to throw gasoline on the public outrage fire unless they can say confidently that she is a suspect, for the same reasons the TOS do not allow sleuthing/victim blaming until they’ve been officially named a POI. OMO.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
Every jurisdiction is different, but most do not name suspects these days. That’s because it can ruin an innocent person’s life, and lead to lawsuits.

They named him because the evidence was overwhelming, and he was already behind bars for incredibly serious crimes. They also would have wanted to allay the fears of the public.

I’d be shocked if they did that as far as she is concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can add 8:10am to the timeline. A license plate reader captured his car driving AWAY from the school at 8:10. So 7:35 he dumps the backpack. 8:10 is caught driving AWAY from the school. 8:19am he's BACK where dumped the backpack with her body visible.

View attachment 488181
Driving around with Madeline's body visible.
The coldness and the gall of him.
Ugh.
Omo.

Sunrise in Kissimmee FL would have been around 6:55 am the day they reported her missing. That leads me to think she would have had to have been moved to his car before then, in the dark.
Maybe earlier, a lot of people are leaving for work by six, six thirty, heading for their cars, getting the paper in, taking the dog for a morning walk, jogging.

MOO

I mean, she lied about seeing Madeline get dressed that morning.
Immediate red flag.

Not being honest with LE certainly isn't doing her any favors, that's for sure.

jmo
Right, that’s fine, but the post I was replying to said that LE publicly saying that she was inconsistent would imply they have doubts, and I was clarifying that at this time LE has not publicly said that.

I also get that they said she wasn’t a suspect at this(/that) time, but that is still saying she wasn’t a suspect, when they didn’t have to say anything at all.

Maybe earlier, a lot of people are leaving for work by six, six thirty, heading for their cars, getting the paper in, taking the dog for a morning walk, jogging.

MOO
Right, by “before then” I meant any time during the dark hours, like 4am, 2am, etc. And she wasn’t 5, she was 13, so I imagine not easy to carry. Do we know if the parking area of where they lived is close to their door?

LE hasn’t said it publicly, to be clear. Presumably the sources are law enforcement or related, but I agree if LE had said it publicly that would carry a different weight, and essentially make her a POI.
Yes, not officially a poi.
But from the wording of the detectives it sounds like they've voiced some doubts, publicly -- i.e., to msm.
Sorry if the wording comes off as confused; I wish msm wouldn't say 'sources tell us', or 'sources said' ; because then we really aren't certain of why LE is saying the story doesn't line up ?
Omo.

Snip
Newly obtained documents show that the girl’s mother told deputies Feb. 26 that she saw her daughter getting dressed for school at 8 a.m. Monday, and Sterns then took her to school.

Sources tell Channel 9 that Jennifer Soto has been interviewed multiple times by detectives from two agencies and that they are looking closely at all the statements she has made.
Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Right, that’s fine, but the post I was replying to said that LE publicly saying that she was inconsistent would imply they have doubts, and I was clarifying that at this time LE has not publicly said that.

I also get that they said she wasn’t a suspect at this(/that) time, but that is still saying she wasn’t a suspect, when they didn’t have to say anything at all.

They were asked the question at the presser so he had to say something, and not a suspect at this time is as good a thing as any to say. It's not an outright no, as that wasn't necessarily true, and it's not a refusal to answer, which people would jump on like a dog with a bone. So I think that yes, they did have to say something but that's just my opinion.

But why did LE use the words returned at 8.19 if that was their first sighting of him on video that morning. Returned implies they saw him leave too ?????
exactly. we dont know about 8:19am. LE didnt provide any details in their second presser other than he returned. the first sighting on video was 7:30am at the dumpster. again no other details prior to 7:30am. saying he returned to the complex, obviously he left.

Last edited:

I think the press were probably asking the question. Also LE would want to be very careful of their facts and not announce someone a suspect until they had some concrete evidence other than just a person's account from interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3