Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes. Any lie to LE is bad, but this seems like a very significant thing to lie about. jmo

[…]

She said that the last conversation she had with her daughter happened the night before her disappearance.

But a report Channel 9 obtained Tuesday shows that Soto told deputies that she saw her daughter the morning of the girl’s disappearance.

[…]
I’m still holding out hope that SS is the lone monster.

I cannot recall the details ,but from what I remember it was her driving around looking for her . She did eventually email a teacher who told her Madeline had not been in school. LE were contacted around 19: 45.
That is correct. Part of the reason I'm so behind in this thread is I've been watching vids, and reading and taking notes. Here are my notes from one of the interview vids about JS driving around:

From interview with SS in the background – A lot of “we” dropped her off and “she crossed the street and walked to school, what we thought, walked to school. My BF who drove her drove away at that point. She was seen on video footage that she hung out in the parking lot of the church for a few minutes and then got up and walked toward the school. But she never made it. It was around 9am when she got up.”

When she wasn’t at school when I went to pick her up, I drove around, maybe thinking Maddie took a walk. Maybe she decided to walk to my mom’s office which is pretty close to the school.
(That doesn’t even make sense, even for a lie I feel like SS asked JS to tell IMO.)

She actually said in one of her interviews that she arrived at 4:30ish to pick Maddie up, and that she couldn't find her, so she went into the school and spoke to someone who told her that Maddie had not been in school that day. Thing is, final bell is at 4:04, I think? 4:30 would have made her late for pick up, anyway. And, when school lets out, those parking lots are packed and busy, office staff are usually packed up and ready to go, if not gone already, AND she would have to be buzzed into the building to even get access. Granted, Hunter's Creek might be different. Would be interested in finding out. IMO and my experience as a faculty wife.
her first interview right at the beginning she says she drove to the school, she wasnt there, so she drove around thinking she went to her mother's work office which she claimed was close to the school, THEN she went back to the school and the school was closed. then she emailed the school, they responded so then she called 911. (sheesh I was asking about that earlier :) and forgot whether she called 911 or the precinct...duh. well, she didnt call 911 until 8pm. seems like she was waiting for an email response from school before calling 911?

went into the school and spoke to someone....was that in her second interview? I dont remember that.

ETA: she told the press she didnt get the automated message until 6pm that she was absent. that is their time for end of day automated absence msgs (which parents are asking to change). so..........why the delay in calling 911???

Last edited:
That is correct. Part of the reason I'm so behind in this thread is I've been watching vids, and reading and taking notes. Here are my notes from one of the interview vids about JS driving around:

From interview with SS in the background – A lot of “we” dropped her off and “she crossed the street and walked to school, what we thought, walked to school. My BF who drove her drove away at that point. She was seen on video footage that she hung out in the parking lot of the church for a few minutes and then got up and walked toward the school. But she never made it. It was around 9am when she got up.”

When she wasn’t at school when I went to pick her up, I drove around, maybe thinking Maddie took a walk. Maybe she decided to walk to my mom’s office which is pretty close to the school.
(That doesn’t even make sense, even for a lie I feel like SS asked JS to tell IMO.)
Did you happen to make notes on the "deleted messages off of Madeline's phone"? I'm still not positive on exactly what that quote was.

What makes it even more strange is that she does not appear to have entered mum's office to check.

I’m still holding out hope that SS is the lone monster.
It’s getting less likely. Most of these could be forgiven independently , but all together it’s awful.

We statements
Factory reset
Ms left phone home
Mom and SS missed party
Ms went to bed after party and didn’t text anyone
Mom said she saw her getting dressed when she was already deceased
Boyfriend was on/off and she left them together alone
Got notification that she wasn’t at school and didn’t call 911
Didn’t run into office at pickup / emailed a teacher instead
Strange demeanor in video/ comforting the man she was giving an alibi to at minimum

her first interview right at the beginning she says she drove to the school, she wasnt there, so she drove around thinking she went to her mother's work office which she claimed was close to the school, THEN she went back to the school and the school was closed. then she emailed the school, they responded so then she called 911. (sheesh I was asking about that earlier :) and forgot whether she called 911 or the precinct...duh. well, she didnt call 911 until 8pm. seems like she was waiting for an email response from school before calling 911?

went into the school and spoke to someone....was that in her second interview? I dont remember that.
According to LE she called them at 8 pm…the one interview she talks about all the driving around, emailing a teacher, then calling LE. The 2nd interview, within the first few minutes she says they reported her missing at 4:45 pm. A whole lot of things just aren’t adding up, imo.

According to LE she called them at 8 pm…the one interview she talks about all the driving around, emailing a teacher, then calling LE. The 2nd interview, within the first few minutes she says they reported her missing at 4:45 pm. A whole lot of things just aren’t adding up, imo.
It’s got to be beyond stressful as well. Maybe she suspected SS and was in an absolute panic about that. I don’t know. I really hope that’s it though.

Mom and SS missed party
where are we getting that SS was not at her birthday party? who hosted this birthday party? since her parents were separated I would get her having two separate events but it would definitely be an odd coincidence if neither her mother nor her pseudo-stepdad could be in attendance (especially if the latter doesn't work). MOO.

Few questions:
-What does the mom do for work?
-If she is involved, why the elaborate ruse of reporting her missing, etc?
-Also, SS was allegedly on-again/off-again w the mom. Confused by what her motive would be?

Observation: SS says in interview she’s not the type to just run off but also that she wanted to “live in the woods…” contradicting himself

Just a few of my thoughts based on some things I’ve read here…

Kissimmee is within Osceola County. SS didn’t cross jurisdictions (that we know of) to dispose of MS’s body. Her body was found within Osceola County but not within Kissimmee city limits. Mom and MS lived within Kissimmee limits, which is within Osceola county. MS’s school is in Orange County and this is where she was supposedly last seen according to information in the initial investigation. That is why Orange County had the case to start with. When it was determined that MS was seen on CCTV in Kissimmee (purportedly already dead in SS’s car), and that SA took place at MS’s home, which is also in Kissimmee, the investigation was handed over to Kissimmee police. When the search for her body took place, the tip was called in and her body was discovered, that would have been handled by Osceola County Sheriff’s office, likely with an assist from Kissimmee PD. These departments all typically have mutual jurisdiction—meaning they can act (search, arrest, investigate, etc.) across city or county lines in neighboring areas. That’s probably all about as clear as mud. My sources for all of this are family members in LE.

It seems to me from what we’ve heard so far of SS, he’s an adult that “failed to launch”, so to speak. He was still living in and out of his parents’ home, he didn’t seem to have consistent employment and he was driving his dad’s car (the Lincoln MKZ was said to be his dad’s). He spent his money on toys, games and hobbies that are mostly associated with children. He just doesn’t seem like a self-sufficient contributing-to-society adult. I’ve gathered all of this from SS’s Reddit and various news articles and videos. I speculate that we will hear a lot more on his past and mental health as this case makes its way through the investigation process and trial.

I’ve said here from the beginning that I wanted to hear from the mom. I speculate that we will hear a lot more in this area as well.

It’s not as easy or as simple as it may seem for a child victim of SA to “just tell someone”. The reasons for not telling are complicated and layered. A child likely feels completely alone, like they’re “bad” and that life as they know it would come crashing down if they told. They’re also told by the abuser that they can’t tell, for reasons that a child’s mind doesn’t question. A child may just think “this is how it is and it’s awful and I hate it and I wish he wouldn’t do this” but not know why they feel that way. Young children have simple minds and are taught that the adults “rule”. It’s complicated and very hard to explain. How do I know? I was that child. Every child is different, of course. But this is from my perspective.

All MY OPINION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member