Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting how she mentioned Maddie as having a "crush" when literally no one asked her that. She offered a lot of info on things she wasn't asked about: autism / adhd / a crush / was very happy on return from the party (but no details about who took her, how she got home etc. Its just very weird to me.
Emphasis mine.
The "crush" on another boy may have been to deflect ?
The mention of "autism" is a new one.
Wonder if Madeleines' school district or teachers ever said M. had any of those diagnosis' ?
Omo.

I really wish we had more details about her birthday party,where it was held who attended and the timing of it and the time Madeline returned home. If it was late in the evening and nearing bedtime ,would Madeline not be more likely to change out of her dress she was seen wearing in the photo to her night wear. It would also be interesting to know mum's work schedule for Sunday and Monday.

She was reported by mum to have been wearing black shorts rather than jeans when she went missing. Why would that be ?
The photo online of Maddie at the family party in the dress - there is a window / reflection visible in some versions - the sun set at 6:21 in Kissimee on Feb 22, 2024 - I googled. The photo appears to have been taken around the time of sunset into dusk. So we know that she was there until at least time time. What time did she leave? We don't know. Get home (make it home?) we don't know.

ETA: we don't know but its possible she brought clothes to change into post party eg: if she had plans to go out with a friend, or SS planned to take her out eg; for ice cream after or something. There could by any number of reasons for her to have changed into jeans and top before going home. Maybe those were a new outfit she'd received at the party as a gift? Its possible she never got ready for bed that evening at all. :(

Interesting how she mentioned Maddie as having a "crush" when literally no one asked her that. She offered a lot of info on things she wasn't asked about: autism / adhd / a crush / was very happy on return from the party (but no details about who took her, how she got home etc. Its just very weird to me.
She was trying to fill the void I think, and was happy to discuss subjects that actually happened, and weren’t stressful.

The before and after are easy to talk about because they’re factual. It’s the middle that we didn’t get much information on, unless she was pressed. Even then it wasn’t accurate.

it existed in the sense that LE did receive a tip from the church in the form of video, they said they reviewed it, that it was very grainy & of course, turned out to not be Madeline. Locals on fb stated that other children do get dropped off and congregate in the area of the church prior to school. Also, their school colors are green. The school sells spirit wear hoodies that are green. So if it was just barely legible I can see why maybe it was a blimp of hope for family, for half a second.

*I just made an account here for the first time today, excuse my 55 edits messing up whom I’m replying to, this is harder than it looked lol.
that is good to know about the school colors, green hoodies I was wondering what are the odds that they have a person in a green shirt in that church video?

This interview also mentions the church video footage. That the sister of JS saw it, not JS. But no such video would exist ? Was it another child seen on the video and LE/sister were mistaken or is the story fabricated ?
Have we heard from the sister or anyone who knows JS irl aside SS and gran? I know grandma was interviewed last week apparently via ring door bell per one article - but I wanted to know have we heard from anyone who knows mom at all since Maddie's body was found?

Something that stands out to me is neither mom nor Stephan spoke out TO Madeline in either of their interviews.

Mom initially said she felt someone took her, yet they never bothered enough to say I love you Madeline, please come home, or if you took her, please let her go, etc.

Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

No direct messages were stated to her.

No pleading with anyone who may have taken her.

Mom only said, "I just want her back, whatever that means."

Such an odd thing to say. JMO
Bolding mine.
Great points.
Not sure how I missed that ?
Very strange.
Omo.

that is good to know about the school colors, green hoodies I was wondering what are the odds that they have a person in a green shirt in that church video?
Considering over 1000 students attend that school, and 75% of them all shop at target/Walmart etc a lot of the same clothes.

Source: carline in a similar Florida school. They all have the same clothes lol

RE: Jennifer Soto telling LE she saw Madeline getting dressed that morning, is this yet another instance where "he" became "we" or "me" in Jennifer's retelling of the facts?

Waiting to see where LE leads us next because I suspect there is quite a bit more to come out in this tragic case. MOO JMO

Until evidence is discovered to the contrary, I'm just going to say 'be kind, because everyone is fighting a difficult battle". I don't know and we don't know a single thing about mom's life, her background, challenges, relationships, anything. It's ridiculously easy to sit behind your keyboard and claim how you would have done x, y, or z that she is or isn't doing or did. Please stop judging.
I think that’s fair before we knew she lied to police about when she last saw her murdered daughter.

Re: Mom hugging SS, if she didn't know about the SA and SS told her he dropped off Maddie, I could understand her comforting him as he's blaming himself. Whatever happened to Maddie happened on his watch and he probably poured on the tears that he could have, should have.
This makes sense if mom is totally clueless.

Have we heard from the sister or anyone who knows JS irl aside SS and gran? I know grandma was interviewed last week apparently via ring door bell per one article - but I wanted to know have we heard from anyone who knows mom at all since Maddie's body was found?
I have not seen the interview with gran. I would be really grateful if you could post a link.

"That was around 9am when she got up". (at .47 seconds into the video).

I had wondered if perhaps this means that Maddie got up (from bed?) at 9pm and something happened at that point. Mom is really determined to drill home that the church is right beside the school (its not). That she never made it to school (clearly), and that she doesn't know why she didn't make it to school... This made me think of when SS said he watched her walk away in his sobbing interview, but in this one, mom says he drove away.
I kind of interpreted got up at 9am the same way, until I listened again. it appears to be in relation to her sitting in the parking lot at the church.
"That was around 9am when she got up". (at .47 seconds into the video).

I had wondered if perhaps this means that Maddie got up (from bed?) at 9pm and something happened at that point. Mom is really determined to drill home that the church is right beside the school (its not). That she never made it to school (clearly), and that she doesn't know why she didn't make it to school... This made me think of when SS said he watched her walk away in his sobbing interview, but in this one, mom says he drove away.
I thought that initially, but if you listen again, she is referring to what she was viewed doing on the camera in the church parking lot. she hung out and then she got up and walked toward the school....it was around 9am

No, no one here is judging. Can't speak for outside sources if that's what you're referring to ?
We're commenting on what LE has released to the media.
Tbh, it's clear the investigation isn't tied up yet and is continuing.
We're permitted to discuss what is in msm, and the most recent statements from LE are that there are inconsistencies.
Omo.
Im guilty too by talking about the dynamics between mom and BF, Maybe there was a better way to describe a red flag. Use this analogy, if we lived together and I knew you were a fire setter, and our house burnt down, I don't know if I'd be hugging you in that moment. If I didnt know you were a fire starter I might. I was speaking more to the dynamics between them and what may or may not be known to them. (Normal reactions) Maybe that makes more sense to what my point was?

I kind of interpreted got up at 9am the same way, until I listened again. it appears to be in relation to her sitting in the parking lot at the church.

I thought that initially, but if you listen again, she is referring to what she was viewed doing on the camera in the church parking lot. she hung out and then she got up and walked toward the school....it was around 9am and of course that wasnt her.

Well, even if he did - it wasn't at 8am because at 7:35 he was seen dumping backpack. 8:10 he was caught on license plate reader driving AWAY from the school. 8:19am he was back at the dumpster place with a possibly dead body visible in his car. So at 8am - I strongly suspect Maddie was already dead.
“Away” from the school would have to mean he was driving “not near the school”, because the school is a 17-21 minute drive (depending on traffic) from their home. Therefore if they meant “pulling away from the school specifically” at 8:10am he could not possibly return home to their complex at 8:19. I don’t know that you can make a 17 minute drive at 8am in 8-9 minutes without getting pulled over as you’d have to speed like hell.. with a dead body in the car? Not likely. That leads me to believe that they are saying that Stephan was driving, but driving somewhere completely different “away” from where the school is located, at 8:10am.

I can't believe I did not think about her outfit, even with the photo leak at all, but she really was not in her sleep things.

I think this is interesting. I mean if he killed her during the night and realized it right off (like less than 3 hours after she died) and wanted to cover his tracks, it is possible he dressed her. But is it likely? With the rest of the mess he did? Is it remorse? Was he doing this for the cctv or even the mum, so that she could appear alive in the car from distance? Somehow I don't think these options are good, either.

Did they really leave the house early together and the possible assault and certain killing happened elsewhere? Did he really just aim to kill her for some reason - possible <modsnip> and possible standing up to him have been mentioned here.

Or were they home clothes from the previous night? Did she never make it to bed in the first place? Because she was drugged or because she was attacked?

Curious.
Or, did he change her clothes because of body fluids? Not trying to be insensitive, but if she had been killed in the middle of the night and wasn't disposed of immediately, a greater chance for a bigger mess a few hours later maybe. Ugh I hate even thinking this out loud about this poor baby. Forgive me for having to be so graphic about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just thought of something. In cases of missing children, doesn't LE frequently advise the parents what to say to the media in hopes of reaching the perpetrator?

I'd really love to know if that happened in this case.
I think parents are often at the press conferences and given a chance to speak. All of this happened so fast, her being reported missing and his being arrest on SA charges.

I just thought of something. In cases of missing children, doesn't LE frequently advise the parents what to say to the media in hopes of reaching the perpetrator?

I'd really love to know if that happened in this case.
I think they’d do that if they knew she was kidnapped, but here, the story doesn’t seem to have made any sense from the get go. I think they said nothing (or maybe encouraged it) and were very happy with the result.

We have the bizarre statements, behavior and affect from SS, and mom tells the audience she last saw her daughter when she went to bed the previous evening.

That was not only a lie, but runs contrary to what she told law enforcement (when she claimed to have seen her getting ready for school), which was also a lie.

Last edited:
With respect, we can agree to disagree and that's fine.
I have not judged nor said "I would have done ...." ; or, "I can't believe the mother is or didn't do..."
So I'm unclear as to whose comments you're referring to ?

We were discussing what LE said about the inconsistencies in JS' statements and from the msm videos she changes her story significantly.
It's troubling and I don't think LE would have released that statement without due reason.
To say a persons' story isn't adding up is massive.

LE are fairly tight-lipped unless they're indicating the investigation isn't over.
For abuse so severe and which took place over two years or more depending how long this perp was in Madeleine's life -- it boggles the mind that the other partner would have no idea.
That is factual evidence re. the ongoing abuse.
That LE are questioning her mother is also fact and we can discuss it as far as msm goes.
Although LE haven't said -- they may be going through both the bio mom's and SS' phones to read the text messages to have a better understanding of the timeline and who knew what.
Omo.
I don’t think the poster was referring specifically to your comments - several of us have made such comments as to what we would have done instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela