Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up on this horrible case, and wondering if cause of death of Madeleine has been established. Has an autopsy been performed yet?
We haven’t heard anything about autopsy results yet, or when it was performed. It’ll be interesting to see if we get details before murder charges or filed, or at the same time.

Interesting how she mentioned Maddie as having a "crush" when literally no one asked her that. She offered a lot of info on things she wasn't asked about: autism / adhd / a crush / was very happy on return from the party (but no details about who took her, how she got home etc. Its just very weird to me.
I wonder if she had already thought of answers to questions she thought she might be asked. Phone left at home ,she often did because of adhd. I wonder if her friends at school could say how often she did not have it with her. Was there a problem between mum and Maddie about the party or between mum and other family members? Was work the reason mum did not attend or was there another reason?

Or, did he change her clothes because of body fluids?
Could be. He could be also thinking of decreasing his DNA on her, either just touch DNA type or, well, worse.
TBH somehow I don't really see him having the time, effort and brains to dress her. But that's just a feeling, not based on anything. It is also interesting that if the leaked photo was of Maddie, the pants are different from what she was said to be wearing, while the top is, I suppose, correct?
Once again, could be several reasons. But why report the different clothing and not the one she was dressed into? Is it stupidity, that the story has so many random things off, or is there a dissonance in what the mum actually saw (at any point), what she thought, what JS said and what JS actually did?
The more I think the less I understand. Ugh.

We haven’t heard anything about autopsy results yet, or when it was performed. It’ll be interesting to see if we get details before murder charges or filed, or at the same time.
Thank you. I am guessing that Stephan drugged Madeleine on several occasions and possibly "overdosed" her, accidentally or on purpose.

Verified Timeline as we know it

7.35 SS caught on camera dumping back pack near apartment ( we know he lived there now )
8.10 SS vehicle driving away from school caught on license plate reader camera
8.19 SS seen returning to the apartment with Maddie presumed deceased in the car , on camera
1.30 pm SS drives out to move the body ?
Adding some additional thoughts rattling around my brain into the timeline.

7.35 SS caught on camera dumping back pack near apartment ( we know he lived there now )

It takes ~19 minutes to drive from the home, to the church, and then to the school. Map link HERE. There were 35 minutes between SS being seen dumping Maddie's things, and the license plate reader catching him driving away from the school.

Why would SS say he dropped her off at the church, just to be seen driving past the school when it's in the opposite direction of the house? (which is South) I'm not able to come up with a reason he'd want to do that. The only thing I can think of, is he really was taking her to school (except dumping her things @ 7:35am doesn't make sense), about an hour or so early, in order to have some "alone" time with her in the car (you know what I mean) and she fought back, and ended up killed in the car, which is why she was seen deceased upon SS returning to the house.

But, as I said, dumping her things early doesn't make sense, but it could make some sense into why he said he stopped at the church, and why he was dropping her off ~90 min before school even started, then why he was seen driving past the school, and then why she was seen apparently deceased at 8:19 in the car.

1709742247961.png

8.19 SS seen returning to the apartment with Maddie presumed deceased in the car , on camera

But I'm not understanding how he was able to make a 17-19 min trip in 9 minutes (8:10 - 8:19), so something is either off with the timeline, or with Goog maps. One reason can be that travel times change depending on the day and time (changing traffic). I wasn't using Goog maps at the same time of day (8am-ish) as that's 5am for me. Perhaps it only takes ~9 minutes at that time in the morning?

With that said, if he was caught driving past the school around 8:10am... AND she was seen apparently deceased in his car a very short while after (8:19)... then she had to have been in the car when he drove past the school. I must be missing something starring me in the face as that's just crazy to even consider.

Something that stands out to me is neither mom nor Stephan spoke out TO Madeline in either of their interviews.

Mom initially said she felt someone took her, yet they never bothered enough to say I love you Madeline, please come home, or if you took her, please let her go, etc.

Nothing. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

No direct messages were stated to her.

No pleading with anyone who may have taken her.

Mom only said, "I just want her back, whatever that means."

Such an odd thing to say. JMO
I also had not caught the “whatever that means.” That is a strange choice of wording.

I also had not caught the “whatever that means.” That is a strange choice of wording.
To me, that means that she’s already settled on the possibility of Maddie being dead. That’s unusual, as it was not only super early, but parents tend to hold out hope even when all indications are that the worst has happened.

To me, that means that she’s already settled on the possibility of Maddie being dead. That’s unusual, as it was not only super early, but parents tend to hold out hope even when all indications are that the worst has happened.
Exactly what I thought too. Wants the location of the body..??? I don’t know. MOO

Im guilty too by talking about the dynamics between mom and BF, Maybe there was a better way to describe a red flag. Use this analogy, if we lived together and I knew you were a fire setter, and our house burnt down, I don't know if I'd be hugging you in that moment. If I didnt know you were a fire starter I might. I was speaking more to the dynamics between them and what may or may not be known to them. (Normal reactions) Maybe that makes more sense to what my point was?
There's also a strong (imo) possibility that LE watched these interviews, and felt something was 'off' ?
They are by nature of their profession a nosy group.
Finding Madeleine alive would have been their first priority, but maybe they knew what they had early on ?

Don't be too hard on yourself, that first interview was oddly non-emotional and at that time I was only suspecting the perp who was hovering in the background.
Omo.

Adding some additional thoughts rattling around my brain into the timeline.

It takes ~19 minutes to drive from the home, to the church, and then to the school. Map link HERE. There were 35 minutes between SS being seen dumping Maddie's things, and the license plate reader catching him driving away from the school.

Why would SS say he dropped her off at the church, just to be seen driving past the school when it's in the opposite direction of the house? (which is South) I'm not able to come up with a reason he'd want to do that. The only thing I can think of, is he really was taking her to school (except dumping her things @ 7:35am doesn't make sense), about an hour or so early, in order to have some "alone" time with her in the car (you know what I mean) and she fought back, and ended up killed in the car, which is why she was seen deceased upon SS returning to the house.

But, as I said, dumping her things early doesn't make sense, but it could make some sense into why he said he stopped at the church, and why he was dropping her off ~90 min before school even started, then why he was seen driving past the school, and then why she was seen apparently deceased at 8:19 in the car.

View attachment 488399

But I'm not understanding how he was able to make a 17-19 min trip in 9 minutes (8:10 - 8:19), so something is either off with the timeline, or with Goog maps. One reason can be that travel times change depending on the day and time (changing traffic). I wasn't using Goog maps at the same time of day (8am-ish) as that's 5am for me. Perhaps it only takes ~9 minutes at that time in the morning?

With that said, if he was caught driving past the school around 8:10am... AND she was seen apparently deceased in his car a very short while after (8:19)... then she had to have been in the car when he drove past the school. I must be missing something starring me in the face as that's just crazy to even consider.
Yes your maps are correct, it is a 17-21 minute drive by all accounts. This is why I’m choosing to believe they meant “away” as in not near, conveying that he did not drive to the school at all like he stated. But “away” from the school, somewhere else. Also I’ve said it a few times but they do not mention a vehicle exit time from the complex, like they do a return time. We only know he threw a book bag away at 7:35am, no mention of a vehicle at all; the dumpster is right next to their apartment. He could’ve walked out to take the trash out and had the backpack in with the trash bag for all we know. And left in the vehicle at a later time. I believe they’re omitting that they footage of him exiting the complex in his vehicle..because footage of a return to the complex by vehicle, means there is footage of an exit of the complex by vehicle as well. Which would make it very likely that they have footage of how she got into the vehicle. Sounds like the whole complex was lit up with cameras.

Well, even if he did - it wasn't at 8am because at 7:35 he was seen dumping backpack. 8:10 he was caught on license plate reader driving AWAY from the school. 8:19am he was back at the dumpster place with a possibly dead body visible in his car. So at 8am - I strongly suspect Maddie was already dead.
Right. Mom's report of getting dressed and timing of SS church drop off are impossible.

Timing and details are so very important and mom is trying to make both her & SS timeline fit a normal morning and avoid suspicion.

"I just want her back, whatever that means." Is she preparing the public bc she knows how Maddie will be found?

Boyfriend arrested 6 days ago and no statement from mom or family isn't helping moms optics.

Considering what we know, I think these are reasonable suspicions.

I can't believe I did not think about her outfit, even with the photo leak at all, but she really was not in her sleep things.

SB @tlcya for focus

Or were they home clothes from the previous night? Did she never make it to bed in the first place? Because she was drugged or because she was attacked?

Curious.
I am thinking you may be right. They may be what she changed into upon her return home after the party?

Most middle schooler's IME are not up at the butt crack of dawn getting ready for school. So I would expect to have her found wearing sleep clothing if the timeline police have provided is accurate. My question is, was Madeline's body located wearing the clothing her mother claimed to have seen her putting on when she states she saw her that morning dressing for school?

Yes your maps are correct, it is a 17-21 minute drive by all accounts. This is why I’m choosing to believe they meant “away” as in not near, conveying that he did not drive to the school at all like he stated. But “away” from the school, somewhere else. Also I’ve said it a few times but they do not mention a vehicle exit time from the complex, like they do a return time. We only know he threw a book bag away at 7:35am, no mention of a vehicle at all; the dumpster is right next to their apartment. He could’ve walked out to take the trash out and had the backpack in with the trash bag for all we know. And left in the vehicle at a later time. I believe they’re omitting that they footage of him exiting the complex in his vehicle, because footage of a return to the complex by vehicles, means there is footage of an exit of the complex by vehicle as well. Which would make it very likely that they have footage of how she got into the vehicle. Sounds like the whole complex was lit up with cameras.
BBM.

Good point - I didn’t understand either how he could’ve been caught by a reader close to the school when it was such a long drive between there and their residence.

From what I understood, she said Madeline was seen in the video hanging out for a bit by the church, and around 9am was when she “got up” to walk toward the school. Just my interpretation.

Edited by me: said walk toward the church instead of school.
I know that would be the expected interpretation - but I had other (speculative) thoughts...

I am thinking you may be right. They may be what she changed into upon her return home after the party?

Most middle schooler's IME are not up at the butt crack of dawn getting ready for school. So I would expect to have her found wearing sleep clothing if the timeline police have provided is accurate. My question is, was Madeline's body located wearing the clothing her mother claimed to have seen her putting on when she states she saw her that morning dressing for school?
IIRC, mom said she got ready for bed when she got home from the party, so in theory she would not have changed out of her dress into normal clothes, but into pajamas. But considering the other inconsistencies, who knows.

Exactly what I thought too. Wants the location of the body..??? I don’t know. MOO
IMO Mother knew Madeleine was dead and that's why she was not moving a muscle to go out and search for her daughter. She said something about searchers may "sniff her out" or something like that, which I found to be very peculiar and made me feel that she knew there was no hope. But why? Was she involved in the murder, or was she scared for her own life, as Stephan was right there beside her in the interview I watched.

Thank You for posting this, @twall.

Bingo! The body expert said it! I may not be allowed to here, but when you listen to the body expert know that I'm nodding my head yes, yes, yes.

Thanks for carrying the video forward, @bdawk20.

Court TV Video-- Murder of Madeline Soto: Three Big Things Happening In the Case
The time the body language expert starts is 6 min into the vid for those interested in watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Papaya-salad