Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has been posted, I could not locate it in the threads.

Interview with Maddie’s grandmother.

Translation seems rough, but note how she stated Maddie is a little girl with so many fears she didn’t sleep alone

Um, ok so then who did she sleep with? Her mom or ??

I'm asking because this seems relevant to me. I know kids do have fears and crawl into bed with parents and so on at night sometimes when older, but given what we now know was going on here......

It is possible someone can lie without realizing they did so, because they believe the lie they told to be the truth for [insert reason why]. They witness an event, hear something, or see a person, and interpret it in a way that doesn't reflect reality (again not intentionally). They can remember something wrong. This is part of the reason polygraphs aren't reliable and you can't base everything on witness claims. This is also why one may afford some leeway to a person's initial story/report changing a bit when questioned or interviewed the second time. Stress of course can affect this.

But I can't wrap my head around the claim that JS saw her before school, which I believe is the "big" one.

Was SS with JS when she went to pick Maddie up in the afternoon or dd JS go alone then?
His alibi is that he was supposedly home at that point, and JS only mentioned herself in regards to the pickup. I imagine he was still busy covering his tracks at this point (wiping his phone, etc).

"Federal law prohibits the production, advertisement, transportation, distribution, receipt, sale, access with intent to view, and possession of child sexual abuse material (CSAM)."

IMO there's a deep dive into SS's interactions/transactions and he and others (many others, one can hope) will face federal charges soon, even though there has been zero mention of the FBI.

"Federal law prohibits the production, advertisement, transportation, distribution, receipt, sale, access with intent to view, and possession of child sexual abuse material (CSAM)."

IMO there's a deep dive into SS's interactions/transactions and he and others (many others, one can hope) will face federal charges soon, even though there has been zero mention of the FBI.
Ugh to think someone might have purchased his videos of her… ugh.

It is possible someone can lie without realizing they did so, because they believe the lie they told to be the truth for [insert reason why]. They witness an event, hear something, or see a person, and interpret it in a way that doesn't reflect reality (again not intentionally). They can remember something wrong. This is part of the reason polygraphs aren't reliable and you can't base everything on witness claims. This is also why one may afford some leeway to a person's initial story/report changing a bit when questioned or interviewed the second time. Stress of course can affect this.

But I can't wrap my head around the claim that JS saw her before school, which I believe is the "big" one.
A lie involves the intention to mislead, so one has to willingly do so. People can be wrong or misremember certain events, which of course would not be a lie.

I wouldn't be concerned with minor inconsistencies, especially in regards to a traumatic event like this. Here however, Mom told the public that she last saw her daughter the previous night, offering up a reference point of Maddie's birthday party. By this point she had almost certainly already told police that she had last seen her daughter getting ready for school that morning.

An account shouldn't change that dramatically, especially when both accounts are false.

I think if several people all were at an event they might all recall events in slightly different ways and could easily mis remember certain things . Madeline 's mother was asked about what she did in the hours before and immediately after Madeline was found to be missing. If she told the truth there was nothing to get wrong.

Madeline's 13th birthday, finally a 'teenager', was on Sunday right? But JS couldn't be there because she had to work. Didn't I read on here that she worked from home or am I confusing that with another case? Do we know what JS does for work and if that kind of employment would include working on a Sunday? TIA

Apologies if this has been posted, I could not locate it in the threads.

Interview with Maddie’s grandmother.

Translation seems rough, but note how she stated Maddie is a little girl with so many fears she didn’t sleep alone

If Maddie was so fearful that she didn't want to sleep alone - was she seeing a child therapist? A social worker? What sort of support did mom get for her?? Was there support available via the school? :(

That and the way she cuddles and soothes SS who she knows at minimum reset his phone, and put together an alibi with the “we” stuff and JS saying she saw her that morning.

If my child is missing and you are acting sus I would not be patting you on the back.
exactly. but its the first interview that was more than suspicious. a zoom call with him in the background and not participating. after all, she was telling a 'we' account... why participate the second time and not the first time?

His alibi is that he was supposedly home at that point, and JS only mentioned herself in regards to the pickup. I imagine he was still busy covering his tracks at this point (wiping his phone, etc).
This was probably already mentioned and I missed it while trying to catch up, but did JS or SS ever share how/when he learned of Maddie being missing? Did JS say something like "I called SS to see if she was back at home already" or "Then I called SS to let him know she was missing and he ____"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay