Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, I found it odd from the moment she gave interviews that not one friend or family member stood by her side. a simple gesture to be there, as support, no need to speak, someone to rub HER shoulders...instead we see her comforting HIM....that was an OMG moment for me.
That’s a great point! Often you see an interview with people in the background. And the interviewer saying we are at Madeline Soto’s house with her friends and family gathered…..

So I think that one of the first things I read about this case early on was that a girl was missing after her mother's boyfriend dropped her off for school.

Then I watched one of JS videos and the first thing I thought was, what is this "we" business?

No point really, just saying.
Yes and unfortunately for SS, the “dropped her off” scenario was right on the heels of Audrii Cunningham being “ dropped off” by a family friend so I didn’t buy it from the first second.

BBM for focus.

Let's say this happened.

Where was he when she called him? She told the police that SS "picked" Maddie up to take her to school.

So where was he?

And where was MS?

I mentioned yesterday SS had pointed out in his news interview when asked abut MS mood the days leading up to her disappearance, one of the things he said when discussing the weekend was " she was happy we were all here together"

So unless SS left the night of the party and went somewhere overnight (?), more lies...

It seems JS also did an interview with Telemundo. Is anyone fluent in Spanish? I don't think the interview is in the media links yet, but it could be interesting/informative.

Edited to add: I think we might get some additional information and clarity about the current living situation between SS & JS (where his actual address was and where all the adults were when) and some other things from these videos in Spanish, but I could use some help with the translations and original sources. Thanks!

Edited x2 JS speaks here, and it looks as though her mom and other family were with her: Continúa la búsqueda de Madeline Soto de 13 años de edad, desaparecida en el Condado Orange

Last edited:
And this is where MS grandmother was interviewed. It would be helpful to understand from someone who is fully fluent exactly what she said about SS being there on the weekend. I'm not sure I understood correctly. Was he living with JS & MS or visiting? Visiting or moving back in seems to fit better with the comment SS made about MS being "happy" (ugh) that "we were all together this weekend".

It doesn't seem in the interview with JS, that any mention of "running away to the woods"? If I understand correctly, family says no reasons for MS to run away.....

Really hope someone following is fluent and can transcribe for us!

there'd be more than blood (which might have only been there for her very first time).
I am not sure that there must have been a lot of un-cleaned mess and especially not blood. I don't think we can assume that there were all kinds of bodily liquids all over the bedsheets on a regular basis.
There’s a widespread myth that everyone with a vagina bleeds the first time they have sex. It’s common — and totally normal — to bleed the first time you have penetrative sex, but many people don’t bleed at all. (link)
Some girls bleed the first time they have sex, but not all girls do. The reason some girls bleed the first time they have sex is because their hymen stretches or tears. The hymen is a very thin piece of skin-like tissue that partly covers the opening of the vagina. Some girls are born without much of a hymen. Other girls' hymens cover a large portion of the vagina's opening. It all depends on the girl. Whether a girl bleeds also partly depends on whether the hymen is stretched or torn before sex. It is possible for this to happen from vigorous physical activity, etc. (link)
“In the vast majority of cases where there is credible evidence that a child has been penetrated, only between 5 and 15% of those children will have genital injuries consistent with sexual abuse.” Child Sexual Abuse Statistics – The National Center for Victims of Crime

“However, most children who are evaluated for suspected sexual abuse will not have signs of injury or infection.” Understanding Medical Findings in Child Sexual Abuse: An Update For 2018
I am also losing "hope" in the possibility if him drugging her (not that I think drugging is a good thing, I just thought that maybe she did not really have to knowingly experience everything that happened to her).
Initially, it seemed like a possibility maybe she was drugged for SA. But now with the newer and many charges...
Considering that
the most prevalent "type" of abuse in the charges was oral
, I don't think she was (strongly) drugged.
I think the mechanics would be complicated with the victim "asleep".

It seems JS also did an interview with Telemundo. Is anyone fluent in Spanish? I don't think the interview is in the media links yet, but it could be interesting/informative.

Edited to add: I think we might get some additional information and clarity about the current living situation between SS & JS (where his actual address was and where all the adults were when) and some other things from these videos in Spanish, but I could use some help with the translations and original sources. Thanks!

Edited x2 JS speaks here, and it looks as though her mom and other family were with her: Continúa la búsqueda de Madeline Soto de 13 años de edad, desaparecida en el Condado Orange
I’m fluent in Spanish and learned it as a first language along with English, but by no means am I a translator so please keep that in mind.

This seems to have been filmed around the 30 hour mark of when Madeline was reported missing. JS says on Monday morning “my boyfriend drove her to school, and dropped her off by the church that’s over there by the middle school and left her there. And she continued to walk towards the school so he drove away and left.”

in the second part, JS says “They had dogs to see if they could pick up her scent in the woods near the middle school. I think now they’re investigating videos from the street (CCTV footage). There’s a video from the church near her school that is believed may show my daughter.”

Then they ask JS what her mother’s instinct tells her and she says “That somebody took my daughter. In my heart I feel somebody took my daughter. It’s just not normal for her to leave like this. (in english: To run away). She’s not the type to just do something like this.”

Lastly, she says “Please just let her come back to me, healthy and well. I just want her returned home.”

Both SS & JS use "we" enough to make me begin to question it. Initially I thought when JS said "we dropped her off" it was just a manner of speech, but watching the interviews again, I'm really not sure. You would think SS would have said "Was the last time either of us saw her..."

It is strange to me how both SS & JS switch between "we" and "I" with respect to the drop off, AND then correct themselves. Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but it is odd.
The fact that they both used “we” around the same facts certainly leads me to suspect their stories may have been discussed with each other and rehearsed ahead of time.

The use of “we” is also a very common tactic of forced teaming — which is an abuser’s attempt to forge a bond with their victim via the projection of a shared purpose or experience when none exists (e.g., we make a good team, how are we going to handle this?, now we’re in trouble). It’s a tactic used to gain compliance.

“The best cons make the victim want to participate.” - Gavin De Becker

FYI- No murder charges filed yet and no additional arrests yet
Here’s something I want y’all to understand about the lack of charges. Andrew Bain has been State Attorney for less than a year, he was appointed by Gov. Desantis when Monique Worrell was suspended for her incompetence and terrible failure to prosecute violent criminals, juvenile criminals, drug traffickers and pedophiles. She refused to charge, incarcerate, enforce mandatory minimums and enhance sentences despite being in contradiction with FL law.

Andrew Bain was a judge, but when DeSantis called him and asked him to step up as State Attorney, he did. He has since enacted a 100 day plan to turn the S.A. office around. This includes creating a violent crime force. He is also looking to raise wages and salaries, and has brought back 13 prosecutors who previously had left for other jobs.

The police had lost trust in former state attorney Monique Worrell, and it’s no wonder…it’s got to be disheartening to arrest people who are committing crimes, only to see them get off easy and go back out into society. Bain is inheriting many of Worrell’s cases, there is so much clean up for him to do.

I think the 60 additional charges against Stephan Sterns speaks to the new state attorney’s office approach. This is potentially one of the biggest cases of Bain’s career, and it should set a precedence that no pedophiles like Sterns will evade justice.

My point is…Bain knows what he’s doing. He is not going to risk a possible dismissal of charges or an acquittal because of sloppy work. Give Bain the benefit of the doubt and trust the process.

Will get this to someone on another platform and come back with the English translation!
Thank you! and thank you @em13 too!

If someone can also listen to the interview with grandmother just after, I think it ma also be. useful.

I'm looking for anything which. sticks out as well--i.e. the switching between "we/I" as happened i the English language videos. Are there inconsistencies here as well Anything stand out as odd with timeframes etc

Thank you!

I’m fluent in Spanish and learned it as a first language along with English, but by no means am I a translator so please keep that in mind.

This seems to have been filmed around the 30 hour mark of when Madeline was reported missing. JS says on Monday morning “my boyfriend drove her to school, and dropped her off by the church that’s over there by the middle school and left her there. And she continued to walk towards the school so he drove away and left.”

in the second part, JS says “They had dogs to see if they could pick up her scent in the woods near the middle school. I think now they’re investigating videos from the street (CCTV footage). There’s a video from the church near her school that is believed may show my daughter.”

Then they ask JS what her mother’s instinct tells her and she says “That somebody took my daughter. In my heart I feel somebody took my daughter. It’s just not normal for her to leave like this. (in english: To run away). She’s not the type to just do something like this.”

Lastly, she says “Please just let her come back to me, healthy and well. I just want her returned home.”
Thank you!!!!

I am not sure that there must have been a lot of un-cleaned mess and especially not blood. I don't think we can assume that there were all kinds of bodily liquids all over the bedsheets on a regular basis.

I am also losing "hope" in the possibility if him drugging her (not that I think drugging is a good thing, I just thought that maybe she did not really have to knowingly experience everything that happened to her).

Considering that
the most prevalent "type" of abuse in the charges was oral
, I don't think she was (strongly) drugged.
I think the mechanics would be complicated with the victim "asleep".

It could account for an accidental choking death though :(

Ok working theory now that it seems to be confirmed by the grandma and SS friend that he was NOT living there…

Is it possible SS drugged and or killed her either in the car or at another location, took her inside and “put her to bed” to give her the appearance that she was sound asleep? If SS carried her in and made it seem like MS was so tired from her party and had fallen asleep, maybe JS didn’t question it. This would explain the lack of activity from her phone and the comment by JS that MS went straight to bed.

Then JS goes to check on her or wake her up for school… realizes MS is cold and unresponsive, ie dead…she “calls SS to pick her up” as she also said, but what she really meant was: “she’s dead Stephan, what did you do to her? You better get over here NOW” and from there they both hammer out what the story will be on what happened?

This would also explain why JS had so many issues keeping up the timeline. It’s possible when SS came back over that he said “look there’s no way you can prove I did this. Police could easily say YOU did this because I’ll just say that when I dropped her off she was fine. You better calm down and say what I tell you to say”

<modsnip - quoted post and response removed - off topic>

Mostly, I just wish people understood how trauma can literally change your brain. I wonder how it would affect the stigma around it. I would hope research would lend a greater understanding of ADHD such that it’s diagnosis could become a marker for authorities to recognize abuse.

When JS was saying MS was “forgetful” due to her ADHD, it was this very link between PTSD and ADHD that I thought of. Of course her poor brain was struggling to process everything. She was not forgetful, she was overwhelmed and I wish anyone saw it before it was too late.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
It is very hard to take any thing JS says as the truth due to all the inconsistencies in her other interviews and police statements.

If for any reason JS could not take Madeline to the party why did she not ask another family member to pick her up and drop her back home?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok working theory now that it seems to be confirmed by the grandma and SS friend that he was NOT living there…

Is it possible SS drugged and or killed her either in the car or at another location, took her inside and “put her to bed” to give her the appearance that she was sound asleep? If SS carried her in and made it seem like MS was so tired from her party and had fallen asleep, maybe JS didn’t question it. This would explain the lack of activity from her phone and the comment by JS that MS went straight to bed.

Then JS goes to check on her or wake her up for school… realizes MS is cold and unresponsive, ie dead…she “calls SS to pick her up” as she also said, but what she really meant was: “she’s dead Stephan, what did you do to her? You better get over here NOW” and from there they both hammer out what the story will be on what happened?

This would also explain why JS had so many issues keeping up the timeline. It’s possible when SS came back over that he said “look there’s no way you can prove I did this. Police could easily say YOU did this because I’ll just say that when I dropped her off she was fine. You better calm down and say what I tell you to say”

Interesting....

I keep returning to the image of JS comforting SS...he was seated and basically in hysterics, while she stood beside him, rubbing, patting, soothing....

Just so odd, you know? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member