Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m fluent in Spanish and learned it as a first language along with English, but by no means am I a translator so please keep that in mind.

This seems to have been filmed around the 30 hour mark of when Madeline was reported missing. JS says on Monday morning “my boyfriend drove her to school, and dropped her off by the church that’s over there by the middle school and left her there. And she continued to walk towards the school so he drove away and left.”

in the second part, JS says “They had dogs to see if they could pick up her scent in the woods near the middle school. I think now they’re investigating videos from the street (CCTV footage). There’s a video from the church near her school that is believed may show my daughter.”

Then they ask JS what her mother’s instinct tells her and she says “That somebody took my daughter. In my heart I feel somebody took my daughter. It’s just not normal for her to leave like this. (in english: To run away). She’s not the type to just do something like this.”

Lastly, she says “Please just let her come back to me, healthy and well. I just want her returned home.”
I’ve added this to the media thread

I really don't think that happened here. She could have simply said that she was tired, and didn't see Madeline getting ready for school. Instead, she claimed to have seen her after she would have been murdered.
i don't think that happened either. i was just replying to the question of how someone to could not know what went on

Thank you I do remember that now! Is there anything native speakers can add about grandmother's interview? Obviously LE knows, just curious for our understanding.
The part that was hard to figure out was: did she say "bring her" "took her" it was translated differently on some channels so I was asking for clarification regarding where she could have spent the night.

Last edited:
I'm most confused about where everyone was Sunday night, overnight and early hours of Monday morning. So this is what I'm really hoping to understand and wondering if comparing the interviews in different languages might be useful.

Was SS living with JS & MS again, visiting for the weekend, or some kind of limbo between the two?

Clarity around "picking MS up" for school? Maybe this doesn't mean anything at all and is just word choice, but picking up, bringing, etc does make me wonder were they all together at the apartment the entire weekend? (aside from the party)? Did SS (or anyone else) leave and go somewhere else?

Thanks!

I’ve added this to the media thread

I’m fluent in Spanish and learned it as a first language along with English, but by no means am I a translator so please keep that in mind.

This seems to have been filmed around the 30 hour mark of when Madeline was reported missing. JS says on Monday morning “my boyfriend drove her to school, and dropped her off by the church that’s over there by the middle school and left her there. And she continued to walk towards the school so he drove away and left.”

in the second part, JS says “They had dogs to see if they could pick up her scent in the woods near the middle school. I think now they’re investigating videos from the street (CCTV footage). There’s a video from the church near her school that is believed may show my daughter.”

Then they ask JS what her mother’s instinct tells her and she says “That somebody took my daughter. In my heart I feel somebody took my daughter. It’s just not normal for her to leave like this. (in english: To run away). She’s not the type to just do something like this.”

Lastly, she says “Please just let her come back to me, healthy and well. I just want her returned home.”
This interview is clearer, less sketchy. No "We" Maybe English is harder for her so it comes out wrong?

Here’s something I want y’all to understand about the lack of charges. Andrew Bain has been State Attorney for less than a year, he was appointed by Gov. Desantis when Monique Worrell was suspended for her incompetence and terrible failure to prosecute violent criminals, juvenile criminals, drug traffickers and pedophiles. She refused to charge, incarcerate, enforce mandatory minimums and enhance sentences despite being in contradiction with FL law.

Andrew Bain was a judge, but when DeSantis called him and asked him to step up as State Attorney, he did. He has since enacted a 100 day plan to turn the S.A. office around. This includes creating a violent crime force. He is also looking to raise wages and salaries, and has brought back 13 prosecutors who previously had left for other jobs.

The police had lost trust in former state attorney Monique Worrell, and it’s no wonder…it’s got to be disheartening to arrest people who are committing crimes, only to see them get off easy and go back out into society. Bain is inheriting many of Worrell’s cases, there is so much clean up for him to do.

I think the 60 additional charges against Stephan Sterns speaks to the new state attorney’s office approach. This is potentially one of the biggest cases of Bain’s career, and it should set a precedence that no pedophiles like Sterns will evade justice.

My point is…Bain knows what he’s doing. He is not going to risk a possible dismissal of charges or an acquittal because of sloppy work. Give Bain the benefit of the doubt and trust the process.

Thank you, love when people put things into perspective.

The fact that they both used “we” around the same facts certainly leads me to suspect their stories may have been discussed with each other and rehearsed ahead of time.

The use of “we” is also a very common tactic of forced teaming — which is an abuser’s attempt to forge a bond with their victim via the projection of a shared purpose or experience when none exists (e.g., we make a good team, how are we going to handle this?, now we’re in trouble). It’s a tactic used to gain compliance.

“The best cons make the victim want to participate.” - Gavin De Becker
Another teaming phrase JS used was when describing when she last talked to Maddie. She said something like “we talked and she was happy and she showed US her presents”.
My understanding was that SS was at the party and JS had to work. Wouldn’t have SS seen the presents already?
So who is US?

The fact that they both used “we” around the same facts certainly leads me to suspect their stories may have been discussed with each other and rehearsed ahead of time.

The use of “we” is also a very common tactic of forced teaming — which is an abuser’s attempt to forge a bond with their victim via the projection of a shared purpose or experience when none exists (e.g., we make a good team, how are we going to handle this?, now we’re in trouble). It’s a tactic used to gain compliance.

“The best cons make the victim want to participate.” - Gavin De Becker
Ps. Love Gavin.
Gift of Fear should be read by everyone, especially young women.

This interview is clearer, less sketchy. No "We" Maybe English is harder for her so it comes out wrong?
She does seem more comfortable in the Telemundo interview.

JS has a BS or BA degree from a University in New York, in addition to an AA and I believe it was in a field where being able to communicate well is key, so it is difficult for me to think she struggles with English.

She does seem more comfortable in the Telemundo interview.

JS has a BS or BA degree from a University in New York, in addition to an AA and I believe it was in a field where being able to communicate well is key, so it is difficult for me to think she struggles with English.
Maybe she's more comfortable because SS isn't nearby.

Thank you I do remember that now! Is there anything native speakers can add about grandmother's interview? Obviously LE knows, just curious for our understanding.
One thing I noticed Grandma says after the parts @MadMcGoo has already translated, is “Each day that passes is worse, I lose much hope. After almost 3 days since her disappearance, we don’t know what else we can do. My thought is that someone has taken her.”

Other than that I don’t think there’s much else that hasn’t been mentioned. She seemed sad / helpless.

The part that was hard to figure out was did she say "bring her" " took her" it was translated differently on some channels so I was asking for clarification.
Both could be accurate interpretations IMO, but if translated literally, Grandma says “bring” in this interview specifically.

Can anyone detail or post a transcript of SS interview? His is the only one I can’t bring myself to watch, he literally physically sickens me.
Both the interviews with JS and the one with SS have been transcribed and posted. It may have been in the thread prior. I believe they were under spoiler blocks due to the length.

Anyone remember who did that? I'll hunt for it, but before someone does it again, we should see if the original can just be brought forward. And if they aren't, they should also go in the media thread.

The Univision interview with Maddie's friend is one I don't believe has been translated and transcribed yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966