Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped

Suspect in Madeline Soto case will face life in prison or death penalty, expert says
WESH logo

Updated: 7:48 AM EDT Mar 14, 2024
Infinite Scroll Enabled
https://www.wesh.com/news-team/1d987ded-6ed8-461e-85a2-908bd5b30b24
Megan Mellado
Reporter

OSCEOLA COUNTY, Fla. —
A professor of forensic studies is weighing in on the 60 new charges against Stephan Sterns, the lead suspect in the death of 13-year-old Madeline Soto.
Sterns is also the boyfriend of Madeline's mother.

"No matter what, he's not getting out of jail," said David Thomas, a professor of forensic studies at Florida Gulf Coast University.
Thomas says if Sterns is convicted, he will never see a day outside a jail cell.
"Originally, I knew they charged him with one or two charges in the very beginning, and that's fine because they got him off the phone. Now what they've done is a complete forensic analysis and recorded almost every incident that he had," Thomas said.

Isn't that a very quick turnaround for a trial to be held? Basically, 2 months?
Seems quick to me, especially considering tanner horner from the Athena strand case still hasn’t had a trial. Things usually happen that delay them but maybe since there’s such an enormous volume of evidence against him? Plus possible pending murder charges?

Isn't that a very quick turnaround for a trial to be held? Basically, 2 months?
Yes, I think it is too. But this dude is in so deep. There's an overwhelming amount of evidence and the new law. I'm pretty sure he's going to be made an example of what NOT to do. I hope every predator in the state is shaking in their boots when they get done with this piece of $&*#.

You know, this is Florida. We're famous for publicly crucifying them, then frying their butt. However, the "frying" part is kinda slow.

I suspect, if they're able to wrap this up quickly, they'll have him on death row or LWOP, while they work on the murder case. No rush, it's not like he's going anywhere, ever.

Case: 2024 CF 000632
Stephan Michael Sterns
DOB 4/25/1986

Interesting, the 4/2/24 arraignment has been waived. Let's get the "fry his butt" party started!! No additional charges listed, yet.

View attachment 490456

View attachment 490457

question bc I’m not a lawyer…why would someone waive an arraignment? I understand the appearance part but I thought arraignments are compulsory? What does it mean exactly?

Also why a jury trial? Does he not get a choice? Or is that bc he pleaded not guilty?

I mean I think either way he’s cooked, but I’m just curious.

Yes, I think it is too. But this dude is in so deep. There's an overwhelming amount of evidence and the new law. I'm pretty sure he's going to be made an example of what NOT to do. I hope every predator in the state is shaking in their boots when they get done with this piece of $&*#.

You know, this is Florida. We're famous for publicly crucifying them, then frying their butt. However, the "frying" part is kinda slow.

I suspect, if they're able to wrap this up quickly, they'll have him on death row or LWOP, while they work on the murder case. No rush, it's not like he's going anywhere, ever.
So I guess it’s gonna be more a marinating process for the foreseeable future?

question bc I’m not a lawyer…why would someone waive an arraignment? I understand the appearance part but I thought arraignments are compulsory? What does it mean exactly?

Also why a jury trial? Does he not get a choice? Or is that bc he pleaded not guilty?

I mean I think either way he’s cooked, but I’m just curious.
I'm not an attorney either. But he knows the charges and he's plead not guilty so really, there's no need for an arraignment.

He's entitled to the trial as he's plead not guilty. If he plead guilty, then I think the judge sentences him? I'm not sure. I think they'll do a jury trial because they want to make an example out of him. JMO

I'm not an attorney either. But he knows the charges and he's plead not guilty so really, there's no need for an arraignment.

He's entitled to the trial as he's plead not guilty. If he plead guilty, then I think the judge sentences him? I'm not sure. I think they'll do a jury trial because they want to make an example out of him. JMO
Interesting, Ty!

I looked up the judge, Hon. Keith A Carsten…he threw the book at Anthony Todt and sentenced him to 4 consecutive life sentences. Carsten called him a “destroyer of worlds” in fact.

I also read some old reviews by criminal defense attorneys, it seems they feel he is a fair and efficient judge, even when rulings weren’t in their favor. Good to see!

I don’t think SS stands a chance at any leniency. Hoping Carsten verbally eviscerates him in this case too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95