Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Apparently, they are still using Old Sparky. Death row inmates can chose lethal injection or the electric chair. Inmates on death row are allowed snacks, radios and 13” TVs, but do not have cable or air-conditioning. They wear orange t-shirts to set them apart from other inmates and the same blue pants worn by regular prisoners.

Some information below:

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Ex post facto law, law that retroactively makes criminal conduct that was not criminal when performed, increases the punishment for crimes already committed, or changes the rules of procedure in force at the time an alleged crime was committed in a way substantially disadvantageous to the accused.

The Constitution of the United States forbids Congress and the states to pass any ex post facto law.

Yes, I’m familiar. Yet the new law stands and SS’s charges are listed as “Capital”. (July 2, 2008)

SCOTUS ruled on June 25th, 2008 that the ban on cruel and unusual punishment in the U.S. Constitution—the 8th amendment—bars the death penalty for child rape. FL governor DeSantis has said that part of the purpose of the new law is to challenge the 2008 precedent. SCOTUS looks very different now than it did in 2008, too.

Florida has already tried someone under the new law (he ultimately pled down to LWP), and I think we’ll see Florida keep on pushing these crimes up the chain.

But back on topic, I think this will all be moot once they get him with murder. And they will.

Where do these monsters get their ideas. Sounds like he was young when he got weird sexual thrills. Saving his semen? Spying on women? Escalating to this. Was he abused? Please don’t make that his defense!!! It makes me wonder about his youth though. <modsnip - rumor>This might get scarier by the day if more victims come forward.

Where do these monsters get their ideas. Sounds like he was young when he got weird sexual thrills. Saving his semen? Spying on women? Escalating to this. Was he abused? Please don’t make that his defense!!! It makes me wonder about his youth though. <modsnip - rumor> This might get scarier by the day if more victims come forward.

It could account for an accidental choking death though :(
Can you imagine the public's rage if he get's charged with negligent homicide?

Where do these monsters get their ideas. Sounds like he was young when he got weird sexual thrills. Saving his semen? Spying on women? Escalating to this. Was he abused? Please don’t make that his defense!!! It makes me wonder about his youth though. <modsnip - rumor> This might get scarier by the day if more victims come forward.

The interviews with his friends, especially the interview with Ryan, I believe, where the semen in glass jars, trying to share the P___ from his computer, and the other stuff from when SS was very young tween/teen does make me think it is likely someone was probably at minimum verbally abusive if not more towards SS. It all just sounds incredibly unhealthy and weird what was shared.

Some people have totally normal home lives and end up being really disturbed too though. And his crimes are so heinous, I don't see how it would matter if SS was SA or anything else as a child. I cannot imagine anyone feeling sorry for him.''

Edited to add: I mean, According to the Gray Hughes show, his mother allegedly paid a roommate not to report material with kids that was on a shared network when SS was in his mid twenties. Who does that?!? So much disgusting behavior around this guy, IMO.

Where do these monsters get their ideas. Sounds like he was young when he got weird sexual thrills. Saving his semen? Spying on women? Escalating to this. Was he abused? Please don’t make that his defense!!! It makes me wonder about his youth though. <modsnip - rumor? This might get scarier by the day if more victims come forward.
Some people are just wired wrong from the get go and anything they see can get them started on their dark and deviant pathway. Who knows what did or will trigger their thrills..I doubt they even know exactly what started it. moo

I believe its under 12, he has other SA charges that i think say 12 - 18.
IMG_2602.jpeg
please help me understand this…
Since a few of us were discussing this earlier-if he could be charged for crimes predating the law that went into affect 10/1/23.
Maddie was 12, not under 12 when the law went into affect. Under “plea” column C is for capital.
Am I then understanding correctly that Donna’s law applies here?
Those 8 counts (crimes) carrying DP all happened before the bill went live.
@SleutherGirl
@IzzyBlanche

Last edited:
IANAL but SS hasn't been charged with murder.

The question is for me is, is he eligible for the DP for crimes committed before CSAM alone became a capital crime in Florida last October?

I don't think so. Litig8or disagrees, and that's fine.
I know you're right, I'm just wishful thinking at this point. As far as the DP for CSAM before the new law, I believe Litig8er answered that. Let me find it for you. Oops just saw your post above. sounds like you've already seen that post

IANAL but SS hasn't been charged with murder.

The question is for me is, is he eligible for the DP for crimes committed before CSAM alone became a capital crime in Florida last October?

I don't think so. Litig8or disagrees, and that's fine.
Izzy, I just replied to Liti and I meant to @You, too. I’m interested to hear your opinion as well.
Super interesting and educational convo. Appreciate you both.

Yes, I understand that. There is no statute of limitations for sex crimes committed against minors on or after July 1, 2020.

I don't, however, think that means any sex crimes against minors committed after July 1, 2020, but before the new law went into effect October 1, 2023, can be prosecuted as capital crimes.

There are two separate issues here in my mind.

Yes, I understand that. There is no statute of limitations for sex crimes committed against minors on or after July 1, 2020.

I don't think that means any sex crimes against minors committed after July 1, 2020, but before the new law went into effect October 1, 2023, can be prosecuted as capital crimes.

There are two separate issues here in my mind.
Ah, I see what you are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members