Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SS said in the police report that on feb 25 jenn told them she wanted to get some sleep and directed them to sleep in another room.
SS said that, who knows if its true cause he goes on to repeat the same lies. mcdonalds, the " love you's etc
I can almost hear his defense now - it's not his fault he's a sicko, JS drove he and MS together, even encouraging him to share a bed with the minor child, it's all JS fault he couldn't resist MS, I mean afterall he is a man and a man has urges blah blah blah.

I wish they would just charge JS with something. Sorry not sorry, neglect, something.

some interesting points so far:

-Jenn brought maddis phone with her to the school
-SS drove around in the middle of the night ( In Jenns car) sounds like it was the night she disappeared 26th into the 27th, (3:27-4:23 am ) or the night before the audio police interview when he said he was so tranquilized " it was the only way he could get to sleep"
-police question him on how long he was at the vape shop and the time it took to get back home ( an hour+)
When he arrived JS wasn’t home so he told Ms to get ready for bed. When Js got home, she wanted to sleep in so she directed him and her to sleep upstairs in a guest room.

Apparently per interview with SS he and JS were together from 11am on the day Ms went “missing”.

There is no way I will ever believe JS was not aware. None. Nada. Zip. Z e r o.

No, but a good lawyer will protect the rights of the defendant, even the most heinous defendant, and a good lawyer will advise the defendant on the best course of action. It doesn't mean the lawyer thinks the crimes are okay.

If we didn't protect the rights of defendants, we wouldn't be a country of laws and instead be a country of mob rule.

jmo
And therefore IMO a good defense lawyer would help ensure that you don’t wind up with a mistrial or appeal on a technicality. They would make sure it’s on the up and up as the trial is progressing right? I think the only thing SS is going to be able to do is claim that he was detached from reality in some way. And even if that’s so, it won’t excuse him. Might get him life in prison rather than DP. Neither one would be enjoyable and others would be safe from him either way. JMO.

I wondered about how good her reputation as a lawyer was actually, since she has stayed with the public defender office for this long, instead of moving on to a private practice of her own, where, if she was any good, she'd surely be making more money. But then I read that she actually did try being a private atty for awhile, but moved back to work as a public defender later. So then I again wondered how good she was, because that might mean she wasn't doing well enough on her own and had to go back to being a PD. Or there could have been some other reason that had nothing to do with whether she could or couldn't make it on her own, who knows.
I’ve never worked in law in any way but being a public defender sounds less stressful. Cases are assigned to you so maybe you don’t have to like network as much. I think it sounds more structured but idk.

And therefore IMO a good defense lawyer would help ensure that you don’t wind up with a mistrial or appeal on a technicality. They would make sure it’s on the up and up as the trial is progressing right? I think the only thing SS is going to be able to do is claim that he was detached from reality in some way. And even if that’s so, it won’t excuse him. Might get him life in prison rather than DP. Neither one would be enjoyable and others would be safe from him either way. JMO.
Nobody is excusing him or wanting him to "get off." I'm just confused why there is so much anger directed at the defense lawyer who is protecting a defendant's right under the law we all live under. That' s all.

I hope the guy never sees a moment of freedom for the rest of his life, and I'm confident he won't.

jmo

in the audio interview released when the female officer asked him where they looked and he doesn't recall going out the night before, he was too tranquilized, meanwhile, he was driving around in Jenns truck at 3:30 am, I've heard of sleepwalking but never sleep driving
Wonder if he was trying to throw Jenn under the bus too.

It's heavily redacted but I'll fill in the blanks. I'll call her friend "Amy," to make it easier to understand. Hopefully I filled in the blanks right, but you'll get the gist.

This interview occurred on February 27, on the following afternoon of Maddie's disappearance.

"Amy is the best friend of Madeline, also known as Maddie, and they have known each other since they were in the fourth grade. She is also close with Madeline's mother. Madeline has never told her anything about running way other than if she did, she would run away to the woods and find a place to stay.

Madeline told her she didn't get along with her mom. Amy had heard from another friend that Madeline's mom told her she was going to kick her out of the house and disown her when she turned 18 or 19.

She talked to Madeline every day on the phone and Madeline would also text her every morning when she wake up. Amy thought it was odd that she did not receive a text from Maddie on Monday, February 26, 2024. When she called Madeline on the morning of February 26th, there was no answer."

Last edited:
From what I've always understood, it's not a defense attorney's job to get their client out of the charges, it's their job to ensure their client gets a fair trial.
Is it not also to mount a vigorous defense like one would expect from a private defense attorney?
It seems that would be near impossible in this case which seems pretty tight and almost indefensible, so ensuring a fair trial is probably the most anyone could do here.

Oh, OK. The way the post was worded made me think she was a paid one. She's apparently been in law for 20 years. I thought public defenders were typically younger?

And how do we know that she is a "really good attorney?" Or was that sarcastic? MOO.
I'm not so sure I'd call her a really good lawyer other than per LinkedIn previously linked, she worked all but two years for the PD's office where she left for two years to work in private practice but returned to the PD's office. IMO, perhaps a better description would be a qualified defense attorney. I know I wouldn't want her job and/or her client!

It's heavily redacted but I'll fill in the blanks. I'll call her friend "Amy," to make it easier to understand. Hopefully I filled in the blanks right, but you'll get the gist.

This interview occurred on February 27, on the following afternoon of Maddie's disappearance.

"Amy is the best friend of Madeline, also known as Maddie, and they have known each other since they were in the fourth grade. She is also close with Madeline's mother. Madeline has never told her anything about running way other than if she did, she would run away to the woods and find a place to stay. Madeline told her she didn't get along with her mom. Amy had heard from another friend that Madeline's mom told her she was going to kick her out of the house and disown her when she turned 18 or 19. She talked to Madeline every day on the phone and Madeline would also text her every morning when she wake up. Amy thought it was odd that she did not receive a text from Maddie on Monday, February 26, 2024. When she called Madeline on the morning of February 26th, there was no answer."
Wow…. difficult to comprehend exactly the possible motive(s) of JS viewing some of that segment. But I sure won’t call it parenting.

It almost seems IMO to be a form of maybe coercive control over MS perhaps?

And if that was the case, exactly why would someone feel the need to exert that type of undue force or pressure on their young child? And wonder from what age MS was when that apparent threat was first used? I, sadly, can think of one reason…….. (and to quote another fellow sleuther I can’t remember who….…..) I shall sit on my hands and finish typing this post. MOO

ETA… and recently retired here…. so I don’t have a paycheck. But if I did I’d wager that there just might be some additional charges forthcoming in this case? MOO

Last edited:

"Amy is the best friend of Madeline, also known as Maddie, and they have known each other since they were in the fourth grade. She is also close with Madeline's mother. Madeline has never told her anything about running way other than if she did, she would run away to the woods and find a place to stay.

Madeline told her she didn't get along with her mom. Amy had heard from another friend that Madeline's mom told her she was going to kick her out of the house and disown her when she turned 18 or 19.

She talked to Madeline every day on the phone and Madeline would also text her every morning when she wake up. Amy thought it was odd that she did not receive a text from Maddie on Monday, February 26, 2024. When she called Madeline on the morning of February 26th, there was no answer."
Im not surprised they didn't get along when you have a triangulator in the house. Not defending Jenn but Im sure SS didn't help that dynamic at all.

Last edited:
Amy had heard from another friend that Madeline's mom told her she was going to kick her out of the house and disown her when she turned 18 or 19.

RSBM. I'm not sure I'll put much stock in what one little girl heard another little girl claim JS said to MS. Smacks of Ferris passing out at the 31 Flavors. The part about them not getting along is certainly believable, since we're talking about a pre-teen/teen. The extent to which they didn't get along is the question, though.

In any case, the more I read, the more I'm convinced that many of you were right about JS to begin with. Ugh. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt for too long.

RSBM. I'm not sure I'll put much stock in what one little girl heard another little girl claim JS said to MS. Smacks of Ferris passing out at the 31 Flavors. The part about them not getting along is certainly believable, since we're talking about a pre-teen/teen. The extent to which they didn't get along is the question, though.

In any case, the more I read, the more I'm convinced that many of you were right about JS to begin with. Ugh. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt for too long.
I would take the word of any kid over JS and SS right now. Any kid at all.

Gray hasn’t gotten to it yet, but the docket (Twitter guy) just told me that Madeline’s friend told police that Jennifer said she would disown her when she turned 18.
Just when you think you can't get an angrier at The so called parental unit,and that's as nicely as I can put it. She needs the same sentence as Sterns. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3