Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the document refers to two roommates, looking through the recent link. So many pages…
So Jen had a bedroom, she rented out two bedrooms, and SS had the “guest room” and Ms got a corner in the living room.

this living arrangement sums up everything I’ve been thinking: Her ex gets his own room when he comes and goes but MS gets a corner in the living room.
So, the 2 roommates were subsidizing the loser boyfriend basically.

Listening to GH read the police reports of the interviews with Maddie's friends, especially the one who felt they were best friends. I'm so sad for her too. Such a hard, horrible way to lose a friend...

So unfair.

JMO

JS apparently has a king-sized bed that she slept in alone while sending her daughter to sleep a grown man in another room. Un-freaking-believable.
Not only that but js was home at a reasonable ish hour (1030/11) and couldn’t even get herself out of bed to see her kid off to school at 8? After missing her party? Plus she had the next day off to do what? A doctors appointment? And didn’t someone say that MS had spent the prior week at a family members house? It sounds like she just did not want ANYTHING to do with MS!

Also how convenient and strange that mom places herself in a different room and floor, yet in the same house during the murder. I don’t buy it! It’s too convenient!

Are we really to believe SS came up for the night after living elsewhere for 2 months with only 2-3 visits and he didn’t want to stay in the same bed as his girlfriend? This is crazy to me! She didn’t see huge red flags with this?

Are we actually sure Madeline didn't have her own bedroom? If it's true that she didn't, IMO it shows her mother's mindset. (I know a family that could only find a 1-bedroom apartment, so while they looked for something bigger, they let their kids sleep in the bedroom, and they (parents) slept on a pull-out couch in the living room. So there are ways, even with limited space.)
Exactly! I have a high school friend who grew up in a 2 bedroom house. Her parents were together but they were quite poor. She and her brother had their own bedroom and their parents slept on a pull out couch in the living room. I felt so bad when I learned about this (post-high school) that her parents never had their own room until they were senior citizens; however, they knew it was important for the children to have their privacy.

Exactly! Someplace quiet to read, especially if the other guests were always in the living room, talking or watching tv. Someplace to talk to her friends on the phone privately? Why would mom deny her privacy at all times? What is the backstory here?

In the previously released body cam footage, Stephan claims Madeline was wearing pants, black I think. Jennifer corrects him, saying Madeline was wearing black shorts. Of course the documents that were just released say that Maddie's body was found wearing blue jeans. Stephan would know because he killed her, but he lied. Jennifer said she didn't even see Maddie that morning, so she should be relying on what Stephan says. It's weird.
Interesting MassGuy….. and it seems odd on reflection…… but her comment on the pants….. correcting….. but this IMO might be one of the first things causing to wonder if maybe JS didn’t know everything? Or….. did the ‘stories’ get mixed up?

Not sure yet……. but in the long list of two columns, Yes / No or Maybe…… one item might have just been placed in the right column? For now….. MOO

Exactly! Someplace quiet to read, especially if the other guests were always in the living room, talking or watching tv. Someplace to talk to her friends on the phone privately? Why would mom deny her privacy at all times? What is the backstory here?
Easier access to predators was my first thought, sadly. Easier to pop in and out of the living room. Somehow I don't believe SS was the only one. I hope I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Jeans are mentioned in the report by one of the responding officers. Found face down in the prone position, legs bent, green hoodie pulled over her head, blue jeans, white socks.
Sad reading that….. and I too am way behind this morning….. so if legs bent, that almost seems IMO maybe related to having been placed in the car seat the first time? Or placed somewhere confined even earlier? And not entirely the trunk of the father’s car? And also sad to think that maybe MS was not with ‘us’ much earlier than first thought. (Trying to be delicate and not use graphic terms…… ) MOO

Like others I also have the impression that the Sotos have disliked SS for a long time.

IIRC, Maddie had stayed the week before her birthday party at her grandparents. I wonder why did she have to come back home or whose decision was it, JS or SS? Did MS even want to come back?

I also agree that JS does not seem to have the best relationship with her family, IMO.

SS saying he came back to help JS out was unbelievable. JS and MS already had family and he just moved out. Why did he think he was even needed at this time? I could see him putting the idea into JS head and her falling for it. Even in the TV interviews he tried to come off as some Good Samaritan or savior who saved Jenn and Maddie Soto when he was the one MS needed saving from.

Based on the fact that he and JS broke up, his complaints of having to take care of his aging parents and their annoying dogs, blatantly ignoring the fact he was living in their home rent -free and without a job, this “help” was just him was for his benefit solely. He was a disgusting predator and an opportunist seeking to abuse Maddie, not feel obliged to his parents andaa as take advantage of hers and JS home where he could stay for free without finding actual work. A predator and a parasite, both drain and devour you so that can make you as empty and soulless as them.
Yes, I concur! And reading the thread this morning, IIUC SS also apparently had his father’s car and his father’s phone the day of the supposed pickup up and ‘drop off’ of MS?

What is this guy’s age again? Rhetorical question…… no response needed: this SS individual, who ‘believed’ or supported anything of him, aside from JS? SMH :( MOO

As a teacher and parent I just can’t imagine what her teachers and friends and bio dad family are going through as this information is released. How do we help these poor kids? There are others out there. I’m in tears every time this information is released. The neglect and abuse is unimaginable, unseen.

Actually the document refers to two roommates, looking through the recent link. So many pages…
So Jen had a bedroom, she rented out two bedrooms, and SS had the “guest room” and Ms got a corner in the living room.

this living arrangement sums up everything I’ve been thinking: Her ex gets his own room when he comes and goes but MS gets a corner in the living room.
And if the case, it would seem then IIUC that dear poor MS is not able to sleep well in the open living room? Perhaps disturbed by foot traffic and other pass thru? Aside IMO from her other torment now come to light?

And it is then JS solution to that problem for MS to ‘sleep’ in bed with SS so that she (JS) can get a good night of sleep? SMH

Stopping there! MOO

Parents often make their own sacrifices for their children and to protect them….. Stopping again……. :(

Once SS moved out a few months prior to Maddie's murder, maybe she could have used SS's "guest room". But I am guessing Maddie maybe didn't want to because of the abuse she suffered in there. What an option -- have no room/no privacy in an odd little corner of the living room (while various roommates also live in the house) or use the room where she was repeatedly assaulted and abused for years. Imo.

My heart just breaks over and over and over for Maddie.

Once SS moved out a few months prior to Maddie's murder, maybe she could have used SS's "guest room". But I am guessing Maddie maybe didn't want to because of the abuse she suffered in there. What an option -- have no room/no privacy in an odd little corner of the living room (while various roommates also live in the house) or use the room where she was repeatedly assaulted and abused for years. Imo.

I doubt any room in that house was safer than any other. It never is, with this type of offender.

Where does the SS logging into Telegram around 11:30 pm fit into this timeline? Streaming something from room 4? Convenient that JS puts herself to bed right at 11. Presumably she would still be awake, getting ready for bed. This plus the “we” statements the next day do not sit well with me.

Where is Columbo when we need him? “Just one more thing…”IMG_9141.jpeg

When did she lose her room to begin with? Surely she must have had a room at some point? Was her aunt or grandmother aware that she was given a corner in the living room in a 4 bedroom house with multiple non family roommates? Wonder how this all went down.

Interesting MassGuy….. and it seems odd on reflection…… but her comment on the pants….. correcting….. but this IMO might be one of the first things causing to wonder if maybe JS didn’t know everything? Or….. did the ‘stories’ get mixed up?

Not sure yet……. but in the long list of two columns, Yes / No or Maybe…… one item might have just been placed in the right column? For now….. MOO
I haven't seen anyone mention or it be confirmed what the girl was wearing in the church surveillance video? I have seen news outlets report that it was similar to what MS was reported last seen in which was reported on most news outlets early on as "Madeline Soto suspect Stephan Sterns doesn't show for court appearance".

If that the girl was wearing shorts I think that is such an odd coincidence. I might be far reaching, but could her correcting him be like a "well they'll see shorts on the surveillance video" moment?! Just thoughts.

Where on earth are these roommates staying? Do the pay rent at all?

Why was it so hard for Maddie to have her own room? MOO.

When did she lose her room to begin with? Surely she must have had a room at some point? Was her aunt or grandmother aware that she was given a corner in the living room in a 4 bedroom house with multiple non family roommates? Wonder how this all went down.
How awful of a thought that a parent would expose her preteen/teen daughter that way to what it sounds like where random roommates living there! Who knows how often she was left alone with them and what could have happened!

From GHI part 2 YT, about 36:00 min mark:

She was aware MS took Rx for Adhd and biopolar (and also reported mother JS was biopolar) and did not like taking Rx because she felt she had more energy when off meds. She would intentionally miss her Rx doses. Believed she last took Rx on 2/14.
It's interesting to hear that Maddi felt more energy when NOT taking her ADHD meds. I'm not going down that rabbit hole because there is no way to prove anything, but it does make you wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper