Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting to hear that Maddi felt more energy when NOT taking her ADHD meds. I'm not going down that rabbit hole because there is no way to prove anything, but it does make you wonder.
As someone with ADHD and who took bipolar meds as a kid too - those meds can really zap you and turn you into a zombie. Especially for a teenager. I will also add I was not actually bipolar - I was traumatized from an SA incident which combined with teenaged hormones made me very moody, angry and nutty. MOO but probably a similar situation for Maddie considering what she went through was infinitely more horrific.

I understand why the mouth, eye(s) and ears, but her hand? What was with her hand that would attract insects? Were there wounds that had bled?

Which begs the question... was this SS's MO whenever he met a woman with a young child to gauge their reaction? IOW... did he do exactly this with JS, and JS gave back the signal(s) he was looking for knowing he hit the jackpot with her? It's so sickening to even think of.
Sugar from a cheese danish??? (doubtful).

Is that where Jen worked?
It appears to me that Holiday Inn Vacation Resorts was unrelated, in that this was just the location of a parking garage that SS entered, and where surveillance video depicted SS remove a limp body presumed to be MS from the passenger seat to the trunk of his vehicle. The time of this recording was provided as 9:40 AM. This surveillance was provided to Orange County Investigators.

I believe that after SS concealed MS body in the trunk of his vehicle, he traveled to the vape shop and other errands as alleged before returning to the condo where he visited/chatted briefly with JS per the YT reading of the docs. MOO

I just tried to find some sort of professional 101 overview of this phenomenon, but googling mostly lead to personal stories being shared. So MOO (as someone who sadly grew up in a situation that echoes this case in many ways), in certain types of abusive situations (esp those where the abuser very much does not want the victim to experience attention, care, or celebration), birthdays can be a key time where the abuse escalates. (In my experience it was a yearly occurance, and my quick google right now makes it seem like I'm not alone in having that horrible history.)

Also note prior thread comments citing that one of the evidence photos was taken on a previous birthday. (I believe when MS was 11 maybe, but this whole story makes me dizzy so I could be off on the year.) MOO, it's almost as if abusers want to make sure their kids do not at all believe that they deserve better (love/safety/care/celebration/to feel special) and abuse can escalate on key days (esp bdays) to drive that "point" home. I personally think it was very purposeful that MS was made to return home to her torturers that night, after her party. (Torturers plural on purpose, MOO etc.)
Really thoughtful insight. Thanks for bringing it up (and really sorry to hear it's echoes personal experience).
jmo

I understand why the mouth, eye(s) and ears, but her hand? What was with her hand that would attract insects? Were there wounds that had bled?

Which begs the question... was this SS's MO whenever he met a woman with a young child to gauge their reaction? IOW... did he do exactly this with JS, and JS gave back the signal(s) he was looking for knowing he hit the jackpot with her? It's so sickening to even think of.
The hand -- perhaps a defensive injury?

I wonder if JS is even upset about Maddie being gone? The latest info really comes across as a mother who didn't seem like she loved her own child. I personally feel like she is probably only upset about the media and/or police scrutiny.

6/12/24

[..]

Stephan Sterns, the boyfriend of Madeline's mother, was charged with her murder on April 24, nearly two months after she was first reported missing. He currently remains in custody. In an update from the State Attorney's Office this week, prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in this case should he be convicted.

The new documents obtained by FOX 35 reveal new details about that search and how and where her body was found – and how it possibly got there.

<modsnip - snipped for copyright, please see link>

Last edited by a moderator:

Orlando Click6 interactive map at link above.

Map shows how SS went full circle beginning at the Venetian Bay Village dumpster/compactor at 7:35 AM before leaving the residential complex, and returning to the dumpster at 4:35 PM where SS is observed throwing a tire in the trash compactor.

6/12/24

[..]

Stephan Sterns, the boyfriend of Madeline's mother, was charged with her murder on April 24, nearly two months after she was first reported missing. He currently remains in custody. In an update from the State Attorney's Office this week, prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in this case should he be convicted.

The new documents obtained by FOX 35 reveal new details about that search and how and where her body was found – and how it possibly got there.

<modsnip - snipped for copyright, please see link>
From the article you posted. A rather big clue to LE that Maddie was deceased.

Sterns was driving between Madeline's home and his apartment complex in Kissimmee. About an hour later, at 8:19 a.m., he was seen entering the front security gate of the neighborhood with a female, in the same position as the surveillance video captured at 7:36 a.m., according to the new documents.

Minutes later, the female in the car is seen in the same position again, the documents added

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I'm holding out for the official report by the ME for both COD and what MS was wearing when her body recovered. I feel like I've repeated so much misinformation already that was believed to be from trusted MSM.

For example, from the document dump obtained by GHI, I heard GH interpret a document to report that SS's father attended MS's birthday party hosted by her grandmother. Given neither SS nor JS attended MS's birthday party, it doesn't follow that Mr. Sterns would be in attendance! Again, I just want to read the docs for myself. and truly appreciate all who posted screen shots of the docs from the YT. MOO
I think that was tracking CS’s car and was SS heading toward the party and/or Jen’s house. If he swung by the party it was late and maybe even after Maddie had left and he would have then gone to Jen’s or he went straight to Jen’s to meet Maddie there. JMO.

Personally, I'm holding out for the official report by the ME for both COD and what MS was wearing when her body recovered. I feel like I've repeated so much misinformation already that was believed to be from trusted MSM.
I agree, we even stated sources, and @Gemmie that post with the map should clear up the confusion about where Maddi was seen on camera in the front seat. remember you said it was surveillance cameras, ( gate) and we also said garbage area, but there were 3 sites and we only knew of 2, so what you said was right also.
and the holiday inn, I swear that was written in the police report. so whos right? the news ? or the police report? We need to have another look.

I wonder if JS is even upset about Maddie being gone? The latest info really comes across as a mother who didn't seem like she loved her own child. I personally feel like she is probably only upset about the media and/or police scrutiny.
If she is, it may be only because this all makes her appear a terrible mother to the rest of her family, to Maddie's dad and his family and to the general public.

Orlando Click6 interactive map at link above.

Map shows how SS went full circle beginning at the Venetian Bay Village dumpster/compactor at 7:35 AM before leaving the residential complex, and returning to the dumpster at 4:35 PM where SS is observed throwing a tire in the trash compactor.

Of the many, many things I don't understand in this case, one is the return to the apartment complex from 8:19 to 8:31 a.m. Has anyone seen or theorized anything on that trip?

In other words, according to the article above:

7:35 a.m. - Throws laptop and backpack in trash compactor at apartment complex
7:50 a.m. - Leaves the complex
8:19 a.m. - Returns to complex
8:31 a.m. - Leaves complex again

Wtf was he doing in that 12 minutes that was so important he risked being seen there again with a dead girl in the front seat?

I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the black shorts/jeans thing or the crocs (searching for the second croc, perhaps?), but I can't figure it out. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Of the many, many things I don't understand in this case, one is the return to the apartment complex from 8:19 to 8:31 a.m. Has anyone seen or theorized on that trip?

In other words, according to the article above:

7:35 a.m. - Throws laptop and backpack in trash compactor at apartment complex
7:50 a.m. - Leaves the complex
8:19 a.m. - Returns to complex
8:31 a.m. - Leaves complex again

Wtf was he doing in that 12 minutes that was so important he risked being seen there again with a dead girl in the front seat?

I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the black shorts/jeans thing or the crocs (searching for the second croc, perhaps?), but I can't figure it out. Thoughts?
Good question. Did he leave her in the car while he ran in? Or check something in the garbage? So strange.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members