Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the coworker who dated SS told anyone about the "cuddling" of MS and the "e"?

This is the type of thing I definitely would have run by a friend or one of my sisters, minimum. From shock and a "what should I do next" type of scenario.

IMO, this is the sort of thing you DO report, but I can understand the question being who is it reported TO? CPS? The mother of the child? etc. I might personally wonder who I should tell, since I can understand how picking up the phone and calling 911 on this might not get you anywhere.

If JS went through her kid’s phone before police were called - how did she not think it strange that Ms best friend messaged her when she hadn’t heard from her that morning??? How did that not immediately clue her in to her kid hadn’t been in school all day? Or at a minimum was absent or late first period when she was dropped super early?????
BRILLIANT POST! Good thinking!

Excusing no one but pedophiles manipulate. They groom. Not just the victim. The environment.

It's how it happens. You don't pass your child to a stranger in the park fir fear of what could happen. But uncle, pastor, boyfriend? Someone you thought you could trust? Someone who has been in your life, you think you know, who hasn't done anything sketchy in the past?

JS seems lacking in a lot of ways. Vulnerable and needy in her own right. Single mom. Easy prey. Maddie was young when that CRIMINAL entered their lives.

Again no excuses, trying to understand. SS came into their lives and probably love-bombed -- ack -- young Maddie, and JS failed to see that for what is was. Probably felt good. A father figure. Family. A mom, a "dad" and Maddie. And Maddie probably liked it too. At first. And then SS started pushing the boundaries. Alone time with Maddie. A park. A real McDonald's. Then hugging, tickling... pushing boundaries. Help with baths. JS likely saw the signs as engagement. Helpmate. Not the fiery red flags they were. More and more inappropriate. Cuddling, snuggling. It's no wonder Maddie didn't want to sleep alone. It was likely safer to sleep in Mom's bed, even with the pedophile in it. Maybe nothing ever happened to her there, and again GLARING RED FLAGS, I'm guessing by them JS felt that SS was a vetted steddad and somehow that was safe and okay with her.

She may have made the colossal error in putting the burden on Maddie. If something bad were happening, Maddie would tell her. If JS had suspicions, it's likely both SS and Maddie denied them. SS because he's a pedophile. Maddie because she was a victim, groomed not to tell.

Incredulous to me of course how she could EVER endorse an unrelated male -- and ar a certain point, ANY male, to share a bed with her minor, but I think she was trusting her judgment, a fatal error. She didn't have GOOD judgment.

What is especially tragic is that somehow she booted him from their home. It should have stayed that way.

He returns, in through the front door, and Maddie is DEAD within hours.

I'm going to guess that SS did a number on JS's psyche too. IMO SS "picked her" because he knew he could manipulate her. Just like he was with the recent girlfriend. Feel her out for what offends. Pedophiles IMO can be very patient people. Looking for opportunities, making opportunities...

I'm not sure, even now, that JS could process what occurred... it's entirely possible that her energy is and has always been expended, managing her own mental health. And sleep. And that what happened -- SS molesting and murdering her daughter, on her watch and in her home -- is still all about her (JS) and how it impacts her. And her sleep.

If she had greater capacity/empathy/balance, she'd have done better. Worse, Maddie had extended family and a dad/stepmother, and it would appear that, instead of inviting the village in and trusting THEM, she edged THEM out, in favor of SS.

She'll pay for that for the rest of her life. Whether she understands it or not is an entirely other thing.

The "normal" under which Maddie lived is devastating.

JMO

I wonder if the coworker who dated SS told anyone about the "cuddling" of MS and the "e"?

This is the type of thing I definitely would have run by a friend or one of my sisters, minimum. From shock and a "what should I do next" type of scenario.

IMO, this is the sort of thing you DO report, but I can understand the question being who is it reported TO? CPS? The mother of the child? etc. I might personally wonder who I should tell, since I can understand how picking up the phone and calling 911 on this might not get you anywhere.
I don't know if I would tell anyone, I would think since SS mentioned it there wasn't anything bad going on. He even mentioned turning away.

Based on cadaver information, I'm stumped for what he did and how he did it.

The house was a crime scene for SA, we know that. Was it the murder scene too?

Makes some sense. That's where she was murdered and where he had. clean up IMO, or at least the location of major violence.

IMO Maddie must not have been in the car long enough for cadaverine, which probably takes 10-12 hours to begin....

I think SS must have returned to the body on JS's car. Added more cover. Perhaps he brought something back from that site. Clothes. Blanket. Something that had cadaverine on it and he put it in the wheel well of JS's car.....

A few hours later, he's being interviewed and he can't seem to remember if he went anywhere by car.

I remember him saying he was surprises there weren't cameras.

And now we know there were cameras EVERYWHERE. Guessing he meant there were no cameras capturing him at the imaginary location where he didn't drop Maddie off for school.

Moron.

JMO

Based on cadaver information, I'm stumped for what he did and how he did it.

The house was a crime scene for SA, we know that. Was it the murder scene too?

Makes some sense. That's where she was murdered and where he had. clean up IMO, or at least the location of major violence.

IMO Maddie must not have been in the car long enough for cadaverine, which probably takes 10-12 hours to begin....

I think SS must have returned to the body on JS's car. Added more cover. Perhaps he brought something back from that site. Clothes. Blanket. Something that had cadaverine on it and he put it in the wheel well of JS's car.....

A few hours later, he's being interviewed and he can't seem to remember if he went anywhere by car.

I remember him saying he was surprises there weren't cameras.

And now we know there were cameras EVERYWHERE. Guessing he meant there were no cameras capturing him at the imaginary location where he didn't drop Maddie off for school.

Moron.

JMO
I too think she died in the flat I am undecided whether JS was involved in cleaning up . I do believe she was aware that Madeline was dead.

It is possible he went to move Madeline ,but for some reason chose not to. I wonder if he had planned to leave her in water.

Did SS actually have a flat tire that afternoon or did someone see him with the trunk open and just assumed a flat tire. Did he drop the body that afternoon or did it remain in the trunk and transferred to JS car in the middle of the night and dumped then?
Yes, the flat tire was legit as it was witnessed which led to the discovery of MS. Tire remnants were recovered in the area as well as from the dumpster at the Condo.

On March 1, a witness who watched a news conference was able to tell officials where Sterns’ vehicle was located. They said they saw him changing a tire on the side of a road in St. Cloud.

Deputies went to the property where the vehicle was located and with permission from the owner, they were able to get past the gates.

LOL! I wondered why you did that when their address has been posted here oodles of times. :p

And this would be the room we've seen mention of in the docs where they put up a divider and it was where Maddie stayed, but didn't sleep there. I think because all the rooms upstairs were taken by roommates, so it's JMO.

View attachment 510635

You can see Madeline's name on a mini license over the dog leashes. You need to enlarge it as big as you can and then squint. lol:

View attachment 510636

Source: 4012 Santa Maria Dr APT 107, Kissimmee, FL 34741 | Zillow
1000003000.jpg
In photo 8 from zillow, you can see a phone tripod, the dog, and a fedora hanging on the wall that looks similar to one SS was seen wearing in a group selfie with MS & JS. The evidence and property report from sheriff's office noted a phone tripod was taken from the bedroom/living room area. The condo was last put up for sale in early 2020, so I guess these photos are from around then.

All we know is following SS reveal, this was her last conversation with SS. (Per her statement to LE).

JS said at first to the police in a sworn statement that she observed Madeline getting dressed for school. <modsnip>

Later on in another sworn statement she says she didn't actually see Madeline, she heard voices in the kitchen and thought it was Madeline.

Isn't this considered some type of obstruction or lying to the police making false report?

If so, why hasn't she been charged with that? I would think there would be charges for that because it is a dead little girl here? MOO they think they need her testimony (which i dont think they do) OR they are continuing to investigate and think she may be more involved/waiting to charge her with more than just obstruction.

Just my opinion im not a cop or attorney or anything. Just seems weird she clearly lied in a sworn recorded statement which could impede at that time an active missing person investigation. Seems like there should be charges.

Last edited by a moderator:
if the bodycam date and time is correct, Feb 27, 5:45, it looks to be am before sunrise, still dark outside. but I noticed she is wearing the same thing. but, SS has a jacket on now. a view of LE's phone at her mom's place showed a time of 19:42 which is 7:42pm but the bodycam date is wrong (Feb 27) and has no timestamp, just counting off seconds/minutes.

On June 3 @Gemmie posted this link.

Body-Worn Video Cameras for Law Enforcement Assessment Report

The video is date and time stamped in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), which cannot be changed. The user can add additional information to the files including a case number and notes

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/Body-Worn-Cams-AR_0415-508_0.pdf
Thank you for pointing that out, @ttjo, as I feel it's important to know exactly what time we're talking about to aid in our thinking and decision making. :) I REALLY do wish that bodycam clocks could be set for wherever it is the officer is wearing it. GMT if you're in London, EST on the east coast, PST for the west coast, etc. It would make things a LOT easier for all, including LE who have to do the conversions.

Below is a converter for GMT to EST. Note that when you see something like 5:45 on a body cam that they are in military time, so add a 0 when entering the time in the GMT field. IOW... enter 05:45 or it won't interpret that military time properly, and give you wrong info for pm times when 5:45 in military time is AM. 5:45pm would be seen as 17:45. Also note (and to add to the confusion. *sigh*) that after I entered 05:45, the site removes the zero, but does correctly change the time so that it's showing 'am'.

With that said... 05:45 on 2/27 was 12:45am on 2/27 in Florida, so the middle of the night (that was for you, @Curious Me. LOL :p).

1718561099799.png

I'm still finding it very hard to believe that NO ONE ever heard anything suspicious with a houseful of roommates, all on the same floor, and her mother on the floor below! Rooms aren't very soundproof. You hear things. That's puzzling to me.
This makes me wonder about full extent of roommates’ relationships to others in household. Were they intimidated by MS or SS? Were they desperate for an affordable room and didn’t want to get kicked out? Were they so creeped out they went into denial? Were they also victims in some way?

Just my musings.

In all honesty, this is an issue, even if she called How much do you want to make a bet they would have thought "Hmm ex-girlfriend scorned " and done nothing,
I 110% agree from personal experience. The woman just got real angry and combative and thought I was lying. I wasn't. I was trying to help not have a "situation" with her young daughter and a grown man. So I'm very aware that some women will believe the man over the child, or the adult relaying a situation in this situation. It's sad but not a whole lot you can do about it if you're disregarded as a liar and/or troublemaker. :(

Thank you for pointing that out, @ttjo, as I feel it's important to know exactly what time we're talking about to aid in our thinking and decision making. :) I REALLY do wish that bodycam clocks could be set for wherever it is the officer is wearing it. GMT if you're in London, EST on the east coast, PST for the west coast, etc. It would make things a LOT easier for all, including LE who have to do the conversions.

Below is a converter for GMT to EST. Note that when you see something like 5:45 on a body cam that they are in military time, so add a 0 when entering the time in the GMT field. IOW... enter 05:45 or it won't interpret that military time properly, and give you wrong info for pm times when 5:45 in military time is AM. 5:45pm would be seen as 17:45. Also note (and to add to the confusion. *sigh*) that after I entered 05:45, the site removes the zero, but does correctly change the time so that it's showing 'am'.

With that said... 05:45 on 2/27 was 12:45am on 2/27 in Florida, so the middle of the night (that was for you, @Curious Me. LOL :p).

View attachment 510816
@wcsleuth also said Zulu time, which makes sense, when I watched the body cam on some channels the times were different based on their time zones. some subtracted 4hrs, some subtracted 5. This makes it clear.
I've never even heard of Zulu time before last week.

Universal Time Coordinated

Zulu time is the military name of Universal Time Coordinated (UTC) and Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). It is a standard time, sometimes referred to as a geographically fixed time, across all time zones. That means while it may be 4:00 PM in Atlanta but 3:00 PM in Fort Worth it is 2100Z in both time zones.

Last edited:
This makes me wonder about full extent of roommates’ relationships to others in household. Were they intimidated by MS or SS? Were they desperate for an affordable room and didn’t want to get kicked out? Were they so creeped out they went into denial? Were they also victims in some way?

Just my musings.
Safe to say, he victimized them all, in different ways. Like with his phone under their door.

Horrible human being creature.

JMO

SS is such an idiot, it wouldn't shock me if his thought was any weird smells in father's car could be explained by poodles.

I personally think taking his father's car might be perceived as premeditation unless the Honda was inoperable or something? The Honda was also around the same model year, right? I've owned a few Hondas and generally speaking, they're pretty low maintenance, and hard to destroy. So, I'm a bit curious as to why SS was driving his father's Lincoln in the first place? Had he planned to murder MS, or something else sinister, and wanted to use a different vehicle to move her in?
You know, your post made me consider a possibility. But I don't like that you're making me think like SS would. lol :p

Perhaps he used his dad's car (because we already know he's not very savvy about cameras catching his every move) thinking he'd transport her to the dumping site, then return his dad's car to him, thinking LE would never know about that, and when they did check out his car with a cadaver dog, no hit would be made because it was the wrong car.

I don't know if I would tell anyone, I would think since SS mentioned it there wasn't anything bad going on. He even mentioned turning away.

As a mom, I would be really disturbed by SS sleeping with MS, even without the erection part of the story. He's not her biological father. He was never even her stepfather. It's just so sketchy, you know?

JMO, but I would have told someone. I'm pretty sure if I just mentioned the bare details of this, without the SA or the murder, most ppl I know would think "Euuuuw, wtf is going on? Sounds suss..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025