Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also thought it strange when the statement came, "She showed us all her birthday presents". Weren't they there for them?
in this interview, she said she had to work. when asked about the last time she spoke with her, she says sunday nite ....as you pointed out, the birthday party conversation...then: 'I told her good nite, and yeah, that was it'.

an interesting component, a 13 year old who just had a family party, supposedly so happy, had great presents, doesnt go on social media or text a friend before she goes to bed? according to JS, she went straight to bed, no electronic activity.

this entire interview, for me, I had an uncomfortable feeling that JS was being evasive. and the shaking seemed deliberate on and off. hope Im wrong. time will tell.

Possibly. They'll throw the book at him if they can prove it started before she turned 12. Florida doesn't play. Just look at the different Sheriffs across the state that have public media personas. Ex: Grady Judd, Polk County

SS thinks he's quite clever, can put on a public persona and stay silent to his benefit. If there is any prison justice, I sure hope it finds him.
Grady Judd is the best, no-nonsense, and funny too. Do yourself a favor and take a listen to him on You Tube!
MOO

Any idea when preliminary autopsy results will be released?
I don't think we've heard when the autopsy is scheduled for, but I would imagine it's going to be done today. I looked at the Orange County Medical Examiner's site, and they perform autopsies 7 days a week (they do both Orange and Osceola counties). My guess is that we hear something on Monday, but hopefully it's sooner.

I don't think we've heard when the autopsy is scheduled for, but I would imagine it's going to be done today. I looked at the Orange County Medical Examiner's site, and they perform autopsies 7 days a week (they do both Orange and Osceola counties). My guess is that we hear something on Monday, but hopefully it's sooner.
I’m curious if there will be a toxicology screen and if so, will it be public. I know it takes weeks to produce. It would not surprise me if he drugged her to induce cooperation, either over the years as the abuse took place, or only the day he murdered her.

The idea that he dropped her off in a church parking lot makes me wonder what remorse he may have felt?
RSBM.

I doubt he felt any remorse at all. He only claimed to have dropped her off at the church because (in his mind) it was the most plausible way he could account for his actions. He couldn't say that he dropped her off at the school because security cameras and other witnesses would have been able to prove he was lying.

When the cops told him that there was indistinct camera footage of someone being dropped off there, he probably thought he was saved. (I assume they were lying to see what his reaction would be.)

I’m curious if there will be a toxicology screen and if so, will it be public. I know it takes weeks to produce. It would not surprise me if he drugged her to induce cooperation, either over the years as the abuse took place, or only the day he murdered her.
That's done as a matter of protocol, but yeah, we'd have to wait for results.

Wondering if the thread title should be updated as Maddy wasn't ever dropped off for school and likely not in any church parking lot video.

Maybe it should be:

FOUND DECEASED FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, did not arrive at school, last seen unresponsive on video in vehicle with identified suspect Kissimmee, 26 Feb 2024​

??

MOO
Thank you to the person who updated the title of Maddy's thread. Rest peacefully sweet Maddy. May justice be swift and appropriate.

I only recently began following this case but had assumed when the mother’s boyfriend’s phone revealed sexual and criminal images, that this was separate. But the bolded sentence from the article seems to indicate that these were of Madeline, correct?

Wednesday night on social media, the sheriff’s office described Sterns’ arrest. The investigation into Soto’s disappearance had reportedly led detectives to “images and videos that were criminal, and sexual in nature” during a forensic examination of the 37-year-old’s phone, the post states. Further, detectives notified Kissimmee police upon determining “those crimes were committed at the family home in Kissimmee,” prompting the Kissimmee Police Department to take the lead on the sexual battery case alongside the sheriff’s office’s Criminal Investigations Division, according to the statement.

The very same pressure he probably put on poor MS. If you tell...

That's how it often happens. We think why didn't she tell. He likely made it so she wouldn't tell, couldn't tell. She knew what would happen if she told. IMO she didn't tell because she thought she was protecting her mom. What a horrible, unfair burden for a small child to have to bear.

So insipid.

He'll never be a free man again. Please.

JMO
Sometimes they do tell, but they aren't believed. That happened to me once. I told the mother what had happened as something to keep an eye on and the mother lashed out at me calling me a liar. She sided with the guy (her ex and father to one of her children, but not father to the child I was telling her about).

My first thought is that JS's shaking is from bouncing her leg/knee. This is one of the most common ways we subconsciously expel excess energy; I do this a lot at my desk. It is a common symptom of many things, including ADHD, FWIW. But in this case I think it is less "excess energy" and more from nervousness and stress. MOO.
It would not surprise me if he drugged her to induce cooperation
Maybe that's why her eyes were closed in the car? She technically was sleeping but only because had been drugged or "doped up" as they say?

Sometimes they do tell, but they aren't believed. That happened to me once. I told the mother what had happened as something to keep an eye on and the mother lashed out at me calling me a liar. She sided with the guy (her ex and father to one of her children, but not father to the child I was telling her about).
Yes, it’s a dangerous form of denial, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member