FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/s...gent-gives-profile-on-seminole-heights-killer
[h=1]Former FBI agent gives profile on Seminole Heights killer[/h]
This is extremely unusual to see these murders in this close of succession," said Fox.

Tampa Police believe the killings are linked and while they have not called this the work of a serial killer, Fox, a former FBI agent said according to agency standards anytime there are more than two murders, they approach it as the work of serial murderer.

"It seems to me this is a male offender," said FoxBut Fox is not ready to identify race. She thinks the killer is between 21-35 and either a former or current resident

"He seems that he is very comfortable, very familiar with the area," said Fox.

And she said likely not a person on police's radar.
"He is perceiving a pattern on injustices against him. He may have been laid off work, had a girlfriend break up with him.He feels the world is against him and he is acting out

And in a mystifying way. Fox said there are three unique aspects not typically seen:

"There's no no sexual element. A gun is the weapon of choice and all three people killed were victims of opportunity.

"That is the most extraordinary thing about this case," said Fox.
Fox also believes he might strike again.

"I would say typically serial killers have an urge to keep offending," said Fox.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/s...ieves-someone-knows-who-murdered-his-daughter
"I am angrier than I’ve ever been in my life there is just no words can tell you how upset I am,” Kenny Hoffa said.

Hoffa said his daughter was a wonderful person who loved everyone. He believes someone has information about the person that shot and killed his daughter, leaving her body in a vacant lot in Seminole Heights.

“I need that Seminole Heights community to stand up and I need them to point out who that man is,” Hoffa said. “I know they are afraid. I know people are probably worried that they are going to be next. But, people need to step out and they to identify this guy so we can get him off the street. There’s two other families that are suffering just like our family is suffering and those two families need vengeance just like we do.”

I think it's a cell phone,but jmo. Now that the vid is enhanced, it looks to me like she/he is wearing a scarf draped over their head and shoulders. On their head is some type of skull cap ? And the scarf is draped over that. It wasn't raining that night ? Still not sure, but in this video the person walks more like a male. jmo Yes, it does look like the scarf is covering their mouth. Nice job on the enhancement. thanks.

I wondered if it was a thick Russian hat under a hood? I've attached a picture.

The reflection on the left side of the jacket now looks to me like a book or maybe an iPad in a large pocket, bouncing when he walks...And the thing in his hand is more clearly a phone in this version. I also see what others are saying about possible scarf or bandanna on lower part of face.
(Edited by me)
Yeah, I thought that as well - but it's a very bright light shining through - I'm not sure if a tablet would create that sort of glow through the coat material? I do agree that it looks much more like a phone, though at certain points I'm still not 100% certain.

Great work, thank you. This makes a big difference.

Cheers. I've got a fair bit of experience working with video and audio, so it's good to be able to help out in these situations, I do what I can to help out :)mfh_fur_winter_cap_olive_1a_AMAZ.jpg

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Could it be an iPod glowing in the pocket? Like some joggers/runners wear with headphones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw this on CNN this morning. Truly frightening. Hope they find this guy soon.

I feel like this person could be wearing a parker without the fur trim. They split at the bottom in the middle at the back
02c75ce34e82132a84d6bda86bc3f7f9.jpg

Could be wearing body armor under the jacket. Would explain the stiffness of upper body and strange walk.

I feel like this person could be wearing a parker without the fur trim. They split at the bottom in the middle at the back
02c75ce34e82132a84d6bda86bc3f7f9.jpg

This was my first thought too - however from the colour video that I enhanced (see post #169) it appears to be a glossy material that is reflecting a lot of light. I've never seen a parker that is glossy like that, which lead me to believe it's potentially a coat like the picture I attached in #169.

I wondered if it was a thick Russian hat under a hood? I've attached a picture.

(Edited by me)
Yeah, I thought that as well - but it's a very bright light shining through - I'm not sure if a tablet would create that sort of glow through the coat material? I do agree that it looks much more like a phone, though at certain points I'm still not 100% certain.

Cheers. I've got a fair bit of experience working with video and audio, so it's good to be able to help out in these situations, I do what I can to help out :)View attachment 125336

The skull cap, or whatever it is looks to be a smooth type of material, not fur. And I guess it's significant that LE has never linked the person in the video to the person seen running from the shooting of Benjamin Mitchell. I am guessing that they are not the same person at all, but jmo.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tampa-possible-serial-killer-hunt-intensifies-seminole-heights/
October 24, 2017, 8:35 AM [h=1]Tampa mayor vows to catch "SOB" amid serial killer fears
[/h]
"We keep saying one person or we think one person, but isn't this kind of what we would see with a gang?" another said.

Roughly 400 people packed into an elementary school auditorium to hear any updates from city officials.

"We filmed him. We saw him walking, you notice that person. So, why was he not walking – was he walking to a home?" one woman asked. There are also questions concerning this surveillance video showing a man police say they want to talk to. He was walking in the area when one of the three victims – Benjamin Mitchell – was murdered.

"There's a very good likelihood that someone in this room knows who's doing it," said Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan.
Dugan wasn't ready to dismiss anyone in the community as a potential suspect or even a person of interest.
Police are urging homeowners who have security cameras to turn over any video of suspicious activity. With Halloween just a week away, many parents are worried.

The CCTV footage. The way the person walks...it is eerie.

I've not read through the thread but what strikes me is the loose-kneed style of walking which I think is more female because of the shape and tilt of the pelvis. I think men tend to walk more straight-legged but I could be wrong.

JMO person lives at midway point between shootings on the map shown in first or second post. Cell phone taken from pocket placed to ear. Light in back seems to be a reflection on the material of the jacket and not sure but might be wearing flip-flops or some other kind of slipper. Seems androgynous

I've been thinking flip-flops, too, or maybe some sort of slip-on, either of which could be accountable for the odd gait. And the person does seem androgynous with the film we've seen.

And,
:welcome:to Websleuths, Rebekka!! We're glad you're here!!

:skip::skip::skip:

I've seen a few reports that say that a man in a black jacket was seen running away from the Benjamin Mitchell shooting ? It didn't sound like the person on the video ? Have also seen the person on the video described as a witness.

bbm -- I think the person on the video may be a witness -- it would be great if s/he were.

Could be wearing body armor under the jacket. Would explain the stiffness of upper body and strange walk.

Hmmm, body armor, hadn't thought of that. Interesting -- something is affecting the gait of that person.
:wagon:to Websleuths,Paintcomp!! We're glad you're here!!

Hmmm, body armor, hadn't thought of that. Interesting -- something is affecting the gait of that person.
:wagon:to Websleuths,Paintcomp!! We're glad you're here!!

I wondered if there is anything that would be worn around the shoulders to cause that little bit of bulk that looks like breasts but is too high on the body for breasts IMO. Shoulder pads, Bulletproof vest, etc.

My first thought was a blister on their heel. New shoes? IMO
I just caught that too. Oh the pain, and beauty of a new pair of shoes, but must look stylish no matter what you are doing. Be it going to work, school, zoo,or walking a mile,and a half to a bus stop........

I wondered if there is anything that would be worn around the shoulders to cause that little bit of bulk that looks like breasts but is too high on the body for breasts IMO. Shoulder pads, Bulletproof vest, etc.

A bullet proof vest would have the opposite effect and smooth out a pronounced chest. I need to look at the video again but not sure I was convinced of seeing that bump from other angles. Wearing a vest would explain walking with your arms further out from your body like seen in the video.

I just caught that too. Oh the pain, and beauty of a new pair of shoes, but must look stylish no matter what you are doing. Be it going to work, school, zoo,or walking a mile,and a half to a bus stop........

Or it could be caused by wearing very thin soled shoes and walking on an uneven concrete surface ?

I am curious to know from what distance these poor people were shot ? LE has never indicated this ? If it was very close up, did the shooter speak to them ? Especially true of Monica Hoffa. Somehow she was persuaded to go to the vacant lot where she was murdered...

Has anyone else confirmed which bus route each victim was supposedly coming from or going to? It appears to me the 9 route, which is the one with a temporary route change due to the shootings, is the only route that is plausible. So IMO the perp could be a regular rider of route 9, a regular rider of a route that was discontinued and now route 9 is their only option, a past or current driver, someone who lives along route 9, or someone otherwise in that area regularly, maybe working or at a friend's place. I was surprised that this morning on GMA they actually mentioned the theory of someone disgruntled with the bus service.

I wanted to look at the discontinued routes but I cant zoom in on the before/after maps, and I can't find a clear list of what was eliminated.

Also I've been working on a map and summary of what has been released to this point. Hopefully I can post it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes