FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://wfla.com/2017/10/27/crime-st...anada-to-help-solve-seminole-heights-murders/
Crime Stoppers tip center in Canada to help solve Seminole Heights murders
October 28, 2017

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Crime Stoppers tip center at a secret location in Canada could help crack the unsolved Seminole Heights killings case hundreds of miles away.

“That one piece of information could be that one lead that detectives need to solve that case,” said Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay coordinator Kelly McLaren.

Since last Friday, 260 tips have poured in via phone, website and the Crime Stoppers mobile app.

“When these calls come into our operators, they do not see a phone number. They do not see an IP address,” McLaren said.

All the information is scrambled to keep tipsters anonymous.

Workers in Canada pass on tips to McLaren, who hands them over to Tampa homicide detectives.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/guardian-angels-seminole-heights

TAMPA (FOX 13) - The third victim of Seminole Heights murders will be laid to rest Saturday.

Anthony Naiboa was gunned down within blocks of the shootings of Benjamin Mitchell, and Monica Hoffa.

Tampa police are devoting every resource to catch the shooter.

For the last six nights, members of the Tampa chapter of the Guardian Angels have been out in force - walking and riding through the streets of Seminole Heights, hoping to put residents at ease.

The group of 20 meets after the sun goes down and stay out until the early morning hours. Leaders say the effort is for the people who call Seminole Heights community home.

Interesting about Crime Stoppers being in Canada. I am from Canada and thought it interesting that the Tampa Police were using the same service, I thought it was something like 911 being universal.

The fact that the tips are anonymous though, makes me wonder how they award the cash for a tip that leads to an arrest.

The fact that the tips are anonymous though, makes me wonder how they award the cash for a tip that leads to an arrest.

[video=youtube;7jc9WyccO-o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jc9WyccO-o[/video]

[video=youtube;7jc9WyccO-o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jc9WyccO-o[/video]

From the video: "Only 32% of people actually claim their reward if it leads to an arrest". That is amazing! Also the fact that the video says that you can collect your reward and still remain anonymous is not clear how that works. Could it be that the Canadian location knows your information but does not release it to the local crime stoppers?

I think the Police need to enforce to residents that if they know anything and think they know the person, don't be afraid as they could remain anonymous. They need to stress how this works though and how the reward is given in a case like this. In my opinion, this could be what is standing in the way of cracking this case.

From the video: "Only 32% of people actually claim their reward if it leads to an arrest". That is amazing! Also the fact that the video says that you can collect your reward and still remain anonymous is not clear how that works. Could it be that the Canadian location knows your information but does not release it to the local crime stoppers?
http://toronto.citynews.ca/2009/01/06/how-does-crime-stoppers-pay-you-if-they-dont-ask-your-name/
How Does Crime Stoppers Pay You If They Don't Ask Your Name?
if they don’t take your name, how do they get you the money? It’s a common question with a not so common answer.
There’s no call display. There’s no way to trace your call. And the operator won’t demand any I.D. – even if you want to volunteer it.
In most cases, when you call during the day, you’ll be speaking to a police officer. Dial after hours, and you’ll get a live person who’s not in law enforcement. But someone will be there 24 hours a day.

“They won’t ask you your name,” Det. Larry Straver tells CityNews.ca. “They’ll basically just get your information, take it down, and what we do is pass it on to where it’s needed. The investigators get it as soon as we can get it out to them.”

All callers are given an I.D. number that they’re asked to keep track of. If their tip leads to an arrest, that’s all they’ll need to collect.

“Basically we give them a bank transaction number,” Straver outlines. “They go to any T.D. Canada Trust in the greater Toronto area, and the bank employees are well versed on how Crime Stoppers works.
When you submit that tip, you receive a special code number on the next screen that allows you to claim your bounty.

And the detective reminds would-be callers they don’t even have to know a lot about the crime to dial the digits or click that mouse.

“People talk and people hear what’s going on. So they can call after the fact. They can hear third hand and send that information through Crime Stoppers and just give us a little bit of information that might help.”
You don’t have to follow the story to find out if your tip helped. Just call the (416) 222-TIPS number 6-8 weeks after you left your info and find out if you’re in the money.
rbbm.

About the missing pets: It could be related if the goal was to terrorize the neighborhood. I remember the Chief of Police telling people to put their dogs in the back yard and I cringed because I thought they aren't safe either. I feel bad for the people of Seminole Heights who have to live with a crazy psychopath person in their midst. I hate to mention it and it is a good thing but hasn't it been nine days since the last murder? That is the longest he has gone, probably because of the extra cameras and police presence. Take back your neighborhood and hopefully the police descend on this (can't find a word I can post here).

He probably experimented with the pets first. ugh...

To get the cash, a tipster must call CrimeStoppers, first. Then they should call 911 – even in an emergency.

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/tipsters-learn-the-hard-way-when-crimestoppers-wont-pay

Tipsters learn the hard way when CrimeStoppers won't pay

POSTED: JUN 02 2017 05:42PM EDT
VIDEO POSTED: JUN 02 2017 06:26PM EDT
UPDATED: JUN 02 2017 08:27PM EDT

TAMPA (FOX 13) - We hear it all the time: report a crime, remain anonymous, and collect a reward from CrimeStoppers.
[...]
CrimeStoppers wants to clear the confusion about when the program will write a check, and when it’s better to just call 911.
[...]
. . . in order to be eligible for the reward it has to go through CrimeStoppers,” Carter explained.
To get the cash, a tipster must call CrimeStoppers, first. Then they should call 911 – even in an emergency.

He probably experimented with the pets first. ugh...

I thought serial killers...if this is a serial killer.....started killing and hurting pets at a young age and later progressed into murder. I didn't know they do both ..killing pets or animals and people at the same time.

I thought serial killers...if this is a serial killer.....started killing and hurting pets at a young age and later progressed into murder. I didn't know they do both ..killing pets or animals and people at the same time.

I think it's not so much the killing enjoyment serial killer aspect as it is a campaign to terrorize the neighborhood ? And coming right around Hallowe'en too ...

I think there is significant distrust in CrimeStoppers.

http://www.theledger.com/news/20170403/winter-haven-police-to-be-sued-over-crime-stoppers-tip
Winter Haven police to be sued over Crime Stoppers tip

Posted Apr 3, 2017 at 7:53 PMUpdated Apr 4, 2017 at 7:58 AM
WINTER HAVEN — A woman who gave information that led to the arrest of an Auburndale man plans to sue the Winter Haven Police Department.
[...]
. . . gave tips to Heartland Crime Stoppers and thought she would remain anonymous, but her name was published in an affidavit by the Police Department.
[...]

I highly doubt one would stop torture & killing animals once they got started.

Definitely had an air of confidence, like they owned the road. But I guess that seems to be their goal by terriorizing the neighbourhood. I wonder how they would like the death penalty. Florida does have the death penalty don't they?

bbm

Short answer: Yes.
Long anserr: H*ll, yes.
And the State of Florida doesn't mess around. They do execute death-penalty prisoners.

Killers will do whatever they want . They don't follow some guidelines written by some "profiler".

Right. I think they progress from animal abuse to killing people. Like Richard Chase, Robert Berdella, David Berkowitz, Jeffrey Dahmer, and others.

Do Mass Killers Start Out by Harming Pets?

Animal abuse is often the first manifestation of serious emotional turmoil that may escalate into extreme violence, such as mass killing.

This is about Dennis Rader:

Over the next several years, BTK dropped off the map as Rader focused on work and family life. He had left ADT in the late 1980s and started working for the Wichita suburb of Park City as a compliance supervisor in 1991. In his new position, Rader was known to be a stickler for the rules. He measured the height of people's lawns and chased stray animals while toting a tranquilizer gun. According to reports, Rader took pleasure in exerting his limited authority over his neighbors and other members of the community. He was also a Boy Scout troop leader and president of his church council.
https://www.biography.com/people/dennis-rader-241487

And I think the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs tortured and killed humans and animals at the same time. I can't bring myself to look them up again for fear of the nightmares. They were awful. :(

Not sure, but if the serial killer in Tampa is also hurting animals I think there would be previous reports of animal torture, unless he's new to the neighborhood.

Has anyone looked up social media pages of our victims? I know they are believed to be random victims but you never know.

Has anyone looked up social media pages of our victims? I know they are believed to be random victims but you never know.

Hopefully LE did. And especially their cell phone info, assuming they had phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse