FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...spect-in-Seminole-Heights-killings-_162679203
Watch: Police release new video of suspect in Seminole Heights killings

Updated: November 15, 2017 at 03:08 PM

[FONT=&amp]TAMPA — Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan on Wednesday released new video showing who he now is identifying as a suspect in the four Seminole Heights killings.

After receiving 450 tips following the fatal shooting of Ronald Felton, 60, early Tuesday morning, Dugan released the video, which was taken close to the time Felton was killed.
[...]
[/FONT]
Meanwhile, the reward has gone up to $91,000, with the Federal Bureau of Investigations offering $50,000.[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

I understand the difficulty law enforcement have in finding the serial killer. There is a simple solution to finding the serial killer in Tampa. Using artificial intelligence/machine learning/facial recognition technology I am in the process of developing. In the meantime it can only be done manually right now. Here is the solution. The Tampa police need to go into the neighborhood and do a lineup. Photos need to be taken of all suspects. In a matter of seconds the killer can be found as long as he is in the photos of suspects. The photos just need to be 'scanned' where the technology will point out the killer or killers in the photo with one hundred percent accuracy. Since I am developing this new technology, I can only do it manually for now. That means the photos of suspects need to be sent to me so that I can scan it myself since I'm the only one with this new technology. Just send the photos to me of the suspects and I will mark which one is the killer. All photos must fit a criteria...they must have been taken after the crime has been committed.

TheMwhisperer

Police release new video of suspect in Seminole Heights killings
http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...spect-in-Seminole-Heights-killings-_162679203

Eta: I SeesSeas already posted it, sorry for duplicate.

From the above link:

""I don’t need speculation. I don’t need profiles," Dugan said. "We need names.

Dugan noted the gait and manner in which the suspect walked, saying it was similar to a person captured in video Oct. 9, the day 22-year-old Benjamin Mitchell was killed. He was described as a black male, about 6 feet to 6-feet-2 with a thin build and light complexion.

The chief seized on the casual manner in which the person in both videos appears to be walking. The Oct. 9 video showed him looked at and flipping his phone shortly before the shooting.

"It’s clear to me that this person is able to flip a switch and murder someone," Dugan said."

So, obviously pings in the area haven't been fruitful yet.

(I like that "I don't need speculations, I don't need profiles, I need names" lol. Sorry made giggle.)

I think he'll probably have a cooling off period of a few months now, a least in that neighborhood. It's too hot right now.

This whole thing reminds me a bit of the Son of Sam. Not many serial killer use guns. I wonder if he'll reach out or taunt authorities next.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tampa-police-believe-new-video-shows-suspect-moments-before-4th-murder/
[h=1]Tampa police believe new video shows suspect moments before 4th murder[/h]
tampa-suspect.png
A still from surveillance video released by Tampa police showing a person who they suspect murdered 60-year-old Ronald Felton on Nov. 14, 2017. Felton was the fourth victim in the Seminole Heights neighborhood whom police suspect was killed by the suspect since Oct. 9, 2017.

Tampa Police Department
The grainy video, released by police Wednesday, shows a man walking moments before Ronald Felton, a 60-year-old unemployed construction worker who volunteered at a food bank, was shot and killed around 5 a.m. Tuesday.

"It was just moments before, that's why we're convinced, when you look at the (clothes) they way the person walks....we think that's our suspect,"
Dugan said at the press conference Wednesday that police are asking neighborhood residents to turn on their porch lights from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. He said the killer strikes under the cover of darkness, targeting people who are alone and who may be preoccupied.
[h=1]Police Release Surveillance Video Connected to 4th Seminole Heights Shooting[/h]
[video=youtube;qyfTvCg_M90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyfTvCg_M90[/video]

Hoping this doesn't turn out like our random Colorado shooter (see signature for reference, a bicyclist, pedestrian, driver, all randomly shot in 2015). Cases still unsolved.

(I like that "I don't need speculations, I don't need profiles, I need names" lol. Sorry made giggle.)

(Same reaction here. I kinda wondered if he was talking to me. All I ever have is speculation.)

Scold and reprimand me as you see fit, BUT- I started a Twitter under a pseudonym and under his post about the first victim, (notice the post date and the day he was killed, AND the fact that he has mutual friends of all 3 victims). I simply said "It's time for you to confess", and he blocked me immediately- with no further comments. 😳😳😳. I know......shame on me. 🤦*♀️🤦🏽*♀️🤦*♀️🤦🏽*♀️🤦*♀️!!!!!

Scold and reprimand me as you see fit, BUT- I started a Twitter under a pseudonym and under his post about the first victim, (notice the post date and the day he was killed, AND the fact that he has mutual friends of all 3 victims). I simply said "It's time for you to confess", and he blocked me immediately- with no further comments. [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]. I know......shame on me. 🤦*♀️🤦🏽*♀️🤦*♀️🤦🏽*♀️🤦*♀️!!!!!

Wow that is bold! His response is creepy. When did you comment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scold and reprimand me as you see fit, BUT-

SBM: I think you might want to consider deleting your post before you are sent to camp... I am fairly certain that is a no-no to post that you did that here...

Not scolding, just don't want anyone to have to leave this thread, that's all, I promise!

Scold and reprimand me as you see fit, BUT- I started a Twitter under a pseudonym and under his post about the first victim, (notice the post date and the day he was killed, AND the fact that he has mutual friends of all 3 victims). I simply said "It's time for you to confess", and he blocked me immediately- with no further comments. [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]. I know......shame on me. 🤦*♀️🤦🏽*♀️🤦*♀️🤦🏽*♀️🤦*♀️!!!!!
No good man... thats not going to help LE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/vide...-heights-looking-for-murder-suspect/492088508
During Wednesday’s update on the murders in Seminole Heights, chief Brian Dougan said he also has about two dozen officers sifting through hours of video. Images, captured by surveillance cameras at businesses in the Southeast Seminole Heights neighborhood.

They’re working to get through those video files as quickly as they can because it can be an incredibly important tool not just to capture images of the suspect, but to show what direction he's coming from. Which direction he leaves.

In fact, video that doesn't show the suspect at all could still be extremely important.
Dugan says no one should assume because they don't see the suspect on their system that the video isn't valuable. It could still help establish a timeline.The reason for that, says the Chief, is because say one house on the street has a video system that shows the suspect walking past. A block away, another house with a video system shows the suspect again. But say just one block farther up, a house with another video system shows nothing at approximately the same time.

That could be a strong indication, say investigators, that somewhere between house number two and house number three the suspect either lives, hid, or managed to get away.

Releasing a new video of the suspect Tuesday, Chief Dugan said in no way should this discourage anyone from sharing what their own cameras may have captured
If you have home-video in the Southeast Seminole Heights area, the chief also says you should review it several times, because you can miss something in the blink of an eye as you move through the images. And what may seem like something insignificant to you might be very important to them
rbbm.

Now I cannot figure out how to delete them. Thank you all for being so kind!!!!!

http://www.wtsp.com/news/crime/time...e-seminole-heights-murder-scene-are/492133641
[h=1]Timelapse video shows how close Seminole Heights murder scene are[/h]
Video
Timeline
1. October 9, 2017: Tampa police say Benjamin Mitchell, 22, was shot and killed while waiting for the bus alone along 15th Street North and Frierson Avenue. It happened around 9 p.m.

2. October 13, 2017: Monica Hoffa's body was found in a grassy, empty lot in the 1000 block of New Orleans Avenue on an early Friday morning. Police believe she was killed a day or two before. She was 32 years old. Because of how close the shootings were to each other, police became suspicious they were related.

3. October 19, 2017: Just two blocks away from where Benjamin Mitchell was shot and killed, Anthony Naiboa, 20, was murdered along 15th Street North between Conover Street and Wilder Avenue. Police say they were patrolling the area because of the previous shooting and heard a gunshot around 8 p.m. They responded immediately and found Naiboa's body, but were unable to find the killer. Police said Naiboa's parents worried because he was autistic, and had not yet made it home after taking the bus.

4. November 14, 2017: A little more than a month after the first victim was shot and killed, Ronald Felton, 60, was found dead at Nebraska Avenue and McBerry Street. Witnesses reported to police that Felton was crossing the street when he was shot from behind. Felton's sister said he was on his way to volunteer at a local food pantry.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/more...-following-seminole-heights-murders/492062570
Includes video of FBI visiting home.
10News reporter Shannon Valladolid found out that the Salvation Army has seen an increase in people using the facility.

They have seen many people from the Seminole Heights community seek shelter at the Salvation Army.

Captin Andy Miller told me that people are not wanting to be on the streets right now.
In the past month, the Salvation Army says they've seen an influx of people, which is rare during this time of year when the weather isn't bad.They're attributing that to the recent murders in the area
http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/business-slow-with-killer-on-the-loose-in-seminole-heights
[h=1]Business slow with killer on the loose in Seminole Heights[/h]
During a walk through the neighborhood on Wednesday morning, Mayor Bob Buckhorn said his thoughts have been with the victims' families for the nearly two months they've gone without answers.

"It's anger and frustration. You feel for those four families whose lives have been ripped apart," said Mayor Buckhorn.

Directing his words to the shooting suspect, he added, "Ruining people's lives and destroying people's families, there's no need for it. We're coming. We're going to get you. You're going to regret it."

(logging back on to monitor scanner for a bit -- if someone else is on, please also transcribe, the more ears the better)

Scanner Thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...KING-NEWS!!!-Current-Scanner-Alerts-7/page723

If you are not familiar, you can go back a page or two for the link to listen.

Whatever is on the scanner canNOT be discussed here.
Whatever is on here canNOT be discussed on the scanner thread.

All personal thoughts on the scanner page go inside of ( ) marks.
All non- ( ) comments is scanner chatter.

I think that full street names and addresses canNOT be posted either. The rules may be on the first page. Usually something like 12** Ma** St is used.

Just use your best judgement in posting what is potentially related to this case. You'll have to exclude fire and EMS calls typically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stella Stiletto