FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...ember-shooting-victim-as-Super-Man-_162666039
Friends at Seminole Heights food bank remember shooting victim as ‘Super Man’
[FONT=&amp]Published: November 15, 2017
Updated: November 15, 2017 at 05:27 PM
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]TAMPA — Ronald Felton now joins the tragic list of victims in this fall’s Seminole Heights killings.
But to those who volunteered alongside him for the twice-a-week food pantry at New Season Apostolic Ministries in Seminole Heights, the 60-year-old Felton will be remembered as the Man of Steel.
"We called him Super Man," said Johnny Daniels, a deacon at the ministries, which provides free groceries to people who struggle to feed themselves.
[...]

[/FONT]

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...ember-shooting-victim-as-Super-Man-_162666039
[FONT=&]Published: November 15, 2017
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]TAMPA — Ronald Felton now joins the tragic list of victims in this fall’s Seminole Heights killings.
But to those who volunteered alongside him for the twice-a-week food pantry at New Season Apostolic Ministries in Seminole Heights, the 60-year-old Felton will be remembered as the Man of Steel.
"We called him Super Man," said Johnny Daniels, a deacon at the ministries, which provides free groceries to people who struggle to feed themselves.
[...]

[/FONT]

Ronald Felton sounds like such an upstanding citizen and a complete loss to the community (and his family and friends).

[FONT=&amp]Published: November 15, 2017
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]TAMPA — Ronald Felton now joins the tragic list of victims in this fall’s Seminole Heights killings.
[...]

[/FONT]

If I may, thinking of Mr Ronald Felton.
[video=youtube;ihUIPlLw2ZE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihUIPlLw2ZE[/video]

I've always been a lurker here at web sleuths and it has been a while at that. But, I live just a few blocks away from the murders so I decided to look through your thread and read all your thoughts.

So. Any questions about the area you want answered?

If I may, thinking of Mr Ronald Felton.
[video=youtube;ihUIPlLw2ZE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihUIPlLw2ZE[/video]

Very sweet and seems apropos for Mr. Felton. He was a Superman to all who knew him.

From the news articles, he was a construction worker who was sometimes homeless during the off season. Homage to the talented low wage workers like Mr. Felton who toil every day to build and repair our communities, but receive so little in return.

I've always been a lurker here at web sleuths and it has been a while at that. But, I live just a few blocks away from the murders so I decided to look through your thread and read all your thoughts.

Does the person in the security cam videos look like someone from the area? Anyone you've seen before? I noticed in the latest video, you can clearly see he walks pigeon-toed, or at least with his right foot turned inward.

ETA the link to video LE released today. The security cam video for the latest shooting begins around the 1 minute mark

[video=youtube;qyfTvCg_M90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyfTvCg_M90[/video]

http://cbs12.com/news/local/new-vid...or-possible-serial-killer-in-seminole-heights
New video, $91,000 reward in search for possible serial killer in Seminole Heights
Wednesday, November 15th 2017
TAMPA, Fla. (CBS12) — Tampa Police say the reward for information leading to the arrest of the person terrorizing the Seminole Heights neighborhood, a possible serial killer, is now up to $91,000.
[...]
Police said of the $91,000 in reward money, $5,000 came from Crime Stoppers, $10,000 from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, $20,000 from ATF, $50,000 from the FBI, and an additional $6,000 from the community.
[...]

Is NO SNITCHING prevalent in the area?

Hello all, I have been following this tremendous thread from day one. As I have for other investigations all over the country in the past. I am also interested in Hero <modsnip>

no one i recognize.

the whole area is on high alert. every car that drives by that i don't recognize i look at closely. every person walking down the street gets a second look. it isn't just me. its all of us. my neighbor won't even take his dog for a walk without brining his gun.

i still have no idea how this person hasn't been caught. there has been an EXTREME police presence the last few weeks. bike cops. un marked cars. marked cars. cops on horses. officers going door to door speaking to residents. they asked us who lived in our house. if we owned a gun. where did we work. when do we come and go from the house. the fbi has been around. how does this person keep getting away??

Is NO SNITCHING prevalent in the area?

not sure how to answer that. our neighborhood is rapidly gentrifying. i live in a 90+ year old restored bungalow. my neighbors have lived in their houses for 20+ years and have lived here through the down turn and now upturn. we are within walking distance of multiple housing projects as well as breweries and cool restaurants. there was a drive by shooting on my street last year that was drug related. there was a legit crack house 2 doors down until recently. the house next door to mine is about to be on HGTV.

so think of any gentrifying area, and the demographics of that area. it is diverse. a mixture of young higher income and lower income residents. maybe within some groups no snitching would be a think, but in general the neighborhood is scared and upset. and we want this person found.

Welcome blindtheskies, thanks for your first post here!

Have you altered your routine, are you feeling fearful for yourself or loved ones, or annoyed at the attention your neighbourhood is receiving, Are you suspicious of anyone or everyone, do you get the sense that the perp is in fact local?

not sure how to answer that. our neighborhood is rapidly gentrifying. i live in a 90+ year old restored bungalow. my neighbors have lived in their houses for 20+ years and have lived here through the down turn and now upturn. we are within walking distance of multiple housing projects as well as breweries and cool restaurants. there was a drive by shooting on my street last year that was drug related. there was a legit crack house 2 doors down until recently. the house next door to mine is about to be on HGTV.

so think of any gentrifying area, and the demographics of that area. it is diverse. a mixture of young higher income and lower income residents. maybe within some groups no snitching would be a think, but in general the neighborhood is scared and upset. and we want this person found.

Thanks for your replies. It sounds like everyone has really been on the alert in the neighborhood. I was wondering if perhaps the killer used to live in the area, knows it well, but maybe lives somewhere else now. Maybe he still has friends or family in the neighborhood and comes by to visit or hang out when he does the killings. He can drop by to visit a friend, go out and do a killing, then return to friends house, then leave to his own home later. That might explain why LE isn't seeing him in the area between killings. Perhaps the friends or family he visits are not realizing he's the one.

The other alternative is that he's a night person, who works or lives his life at night, so is out when most people are asleep. Even then, you would think store clerks or someone would recognize him if he lived there.

I understand the difficulty law enforcement have in finding the serial killer. There is a simple solution to finding the serial killer in Tampa. Using artificial intelligence/machine learning/facial recognition technology I am in the process of developing. In the meantime it can only be done manually right now. Here is the solution. The Tampa police need to go into the neighborhood and do a lineup. Photos need to be taken of all suspects. In a matter of seconds the killer can be found as long as he is in the photos of suspects. The photos just need to be 'scanned' where the technology will point out the killer or killers in the photo with one hundred percent accuracy. Since I am developing this new technology, I can only do it manually for now. That means the photos of suspects need to be sent to me so that I can scan it myself since I'm the only one with this new technology. Just send the photos to me of the suspects and I will mark which one is the killer. All photos must fit a criteria...they must have been taken after the crime has been committed.

TheMwhisperer

Have you been in contact with LE regarding this? Why do you think they don't have a similiar program?

I doubt LE will send you anything. You will need to go to the station, introduce yourself and your program. At that time, LE will decide whether they will let YOU work with them. However, I can guarantee you will have to go to them, they will not send information of this nature to you.

Welcome blindtheskies, thanks for your first post here!

Have you altered your routine, are you feeling fearful for yourself or loved ones, or annoyed at the attention your neighbourhood is receiving, Are you suspicious of anyone or everyone, do you get the sense that the perp is in fact local?

i have altered my routine in that when i come home after dark i ask my husband to meet me out on the porch. we go out together at night to let the dog out. other than that, no. but we are trying to support our local businesses as much as a possible. they are really struggling.

i am a bit annoyed but glad the fbi and atf are here in town. i feel like our new police chief is in over his head.

suspicious of everyone and everyone. yes. at least people i don't recognize. cars and people walking by my house get a second look at least. our neighbors are all wonderful and all very use to keeping an eye on the neighborhood. if you aren't suppose to be here, one of my neighbors probably has eyes on you.

we all feel like this person HAS to be local. they are getting away too fast to not be local. not sure if you all can tell on google maps, but there are a lot of alley ways here in the neighborhood behind houses. i think the killer knows his way through these alley ways.

Does the person in the security cam videos look like someone from the area? Anyone you've seen before? I noticed in the latest video, you can clearly see he walks pigeon-toed, or at least with his right foot turned inward.

ETA the link to video LE released today. The security cam video for the latest shooting begins around the 1 minute mark

[video=youtube;qyfTvCg_M90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyfTvCg_M90[/video]

I am confused. According to reports, an eye witness from the 11/14 murder described the suspect: "He was wearing all black and a black baseball cap". Yet in this video at the 1-minute mark (from 11/14) the person is not wearing black. http://wqad.com/2017/11/14/fourth-death-linked-to-string-of-unsolved-killings-in-tampa/

Is this video supposed to be surveillance from the 4th murder? He is clearly not wearing all black nor a baseball cap. What am I missing here? TIA

Thanks for your replies. It sounds like everyone has really been on the alert in the neighborhood. I was wondering if perhaps the killer used to live in the area, knows it well, but maybe lives somewhere else now. Maybe he still has friends or family in the neighborhood and comes by to visit or hang out when he does the killings. He can drop by to visit a friend, go out and do a killing, then return to friends house, then leave to his own home later. That might explain why LE isn't seeing him in the area between killings. Perhaps the friends or family he visits are not realizing he's the one.

The other alternative is that he's a night person, who works or lives his life at night, so is out when most people are asleep. Even then, you would think store clerks or someone would recognize him if he lived there.

possible. i think the killer is very familiar with the neighborhood. the reward is up to 91k now. hopefully that is enought o get someone to talk.

I am confused. According to reports, an eye witness from the 11/14 murder described the suspect: "He was last seen wearing all-black clothing and a baseball cap". Yet in this video at the 1-minute mark (from 11/14) the person is not wearing black. http://www.wftv.com/news/local/poli...rhood-near-recent-string-of-murders/647237407

Is this video supposed to be surveillance from the 4th murder? He is clearly not wearing all black nor a baseball cap. What am I missing here? TIA

the night mode of the camera makes the clothing look lighter than it is.

the night mode of the camera makes the clothing look lighter than it is.

I can understand it possibly looking different, but white? I've seen game cameras film at night that don't appear in the negative. And the pants and jacket look a different color which I wouldn't expect if the perp were in all black. I'm not seeing a baseball cap there. Still a bit confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13