FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the mention of the beanie up thread, do others consider it a possibility of this being some type of clothing one would wear if you were from the Middle East? I know nothing about how they dress there or here for that matter~~I've only seen what the Iman wear (I think that's what they are called..LOL) on TV and to me (especially in that news station video posted up thread with the circle around him) and it looks similar.

WOW~~hope you guys follow~~that was the longest run on sentence I've ever created...LOL

Possible. But, flip flops are a poor choice if she/he needed to run away quickly ?

or shower shoes. I wouldn't choose them to wear but I've seen suspects fleeing robberies in them. I don't get it.

Wondering how the perp was able to slip away in spite of a heavy LE presence?
Do they slip into other clothing, a disguise?
snipped the video and link

Is it possible he lives in that very neighborhood? If this person has a beef against gentrification, I wonder if there are any foreclosures in the area, or someone who is being threatened with eviction.

Do we know if the victims were robbed? Seems to me the killer lives in the area, and may be an addict, looking for the means to have their next fix.

Robbery does not seem to be the motive, LE say the murders are linked, but so far, no known motive. Thinking the person shoots and kills, then scampers off, imo,speculation.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/crime/tamp...hs-in-seminole-heights-neighborhood/484796193
rbbm.
“I go from frustration to anger,” said Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan.
Dugan says it’s just too coincidental to be anything but connected. Thee murder victims in just 10 days, all within a few square blocks of each other.
“When you look at the timeframe, the proximity, that there is no apparent motive, that they are alone, the victims are a lot of the time, it's clear to me that they're all linked,” he said.

Joy Dupree lives around the corner from two of the shootings. She could hear the shots. Three the first time, she said, and one gunshot Thursday night.

“I mean, it's pretty scary. And it being so close is what makes it even scarier. So, you just stay in the house,” said Dupree.

The Chief’s advice to people in the area is to stay outside, but not alone. Be alert so they can catch this person.

“We're not going to be held hostage by whoever is doing this. We need everyone to come out of their homes at night,” said Chief Dugan. “Turn on their porch lights. And, just not tolerate this type of terrorism in the neighborhood.”

We wanted to see how the murders compare to overall crime numbers in the area.

Last year, there was one murder in Seminole Heights and 14 shootings. From January through September of this year, there were no murders and five shootings.

Robbery does not seem to be the motive, LE say the murders are linked, but so far, no known motive. Thinking the person shoots and kills, then scampers off, imo,speculation.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/crime/tamp...hs-in-seminole-heights-neighborhood/484796193
rbbm.

What about this one? Check out sketch of suspect.

TPD: New Video shows Murder Victim's Final Hours

The Tampa Police Department needs your help catching a killer. Investigators released new video of a murder victim, 25-year-old Dontae Lampkins. It shows Lampkins as he got on and off a HART bus on January 24, 2017. It’s one of the last times he was seen alive.

Investigators say he was likely going to meet his killer who he connected with through an online dating app.

Two days later, construction workers found the 25-year-old dead in an alley near Hillsborough Avenue and Nebraska Street.

Lampkins is the third gay man murdered just a few weeks apart in the Seminole Heights area.

IMO & purely moo; looks like a young AA male, possibly with a military background, athletic, perhaps had been in a marching band, maybe has a low-powered flashlight in his back pocket; defiant & bold. Angry.

Someone he is close with has to have noticed his stressed out anger. Someone needs to report it.

Media reports quote police as saying they're unrelated. Buuuut ... they sure seem to share a lot of similarities, imo.

What about this one? Check out sketch of suspect.

TPD: New Video shows Murder Victim's Final Hours

The Tampa Police Department needs your help catching a killer. Investigators released new video of a murder victim, 25-year-old Dontae Lampkins. It shows Lampkins as he got on and off a HART bus on January 24, 2017. It’s one of the last times he was seen alive.

Investigators say he was likely going to meet his killer who he connected with through an online dating app.

Two days later, construction workers found the 25-year-old dead in an alley near Hillsborough Avenue and Nebraska Street.

Lampkins is the third gay man murdered just a few weeks apart in the Seminole Heights area.

So, according to the above report, the surveillance video the public has been shown was from the night that Benjamin Mitchell was killed ? October 9th ? These murders all took place in such a small area. I wonder if they either knew each other in some way, or one or more of them knew the killer in some way ? I think the killer knows the area very well. Either lives there now, has a relative there, or used to live there. jmo

Media reports quote police as saying they're unrelated. Buuuut ... they sure seem to share a lot of similarities, imo.

According to that article, 2 of the 3 murders are basically solved and they don't think Dontae's is related to those but could it be related to these recent ones? I haven't been able to find any updates on his case beyond March articles.

I haven't read enough from that grainy picture I am guessing 22-28 black male. Mentally unwell. That last part just moo. All is moo

Just relooked. Never mind. Totally confused. Female contract killer with faux goatee? What do I know. Odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third victim killed in Seminole Heights

Dugan said at this point investigators do not believe that the killings are connected to the shooting death of 25-year-old Dontae Lampkins, whose body was found Jan. 26 in an alleyway between E Mohawk and Comanche avenues, in the Hampton Terrace neighborhood of Seminole Heights.

Third victim killed in Seminole Heights

Dugan said at this point investigators do not believe that the killings are connected to the shooting death of 25-year-old Dontae Lampkins, whose body was found Jan. 26 in an alleyway between E Mohawk and Comanche avenues, in the Hampton Terrace neighborhood of Seminole Heights.

I didn't think so...different MO and a different target (some of those dating sites can be so dangerous).
To me this person seems to be targeting the neighborhood people for whatever rage he has against regular people living there.

I don't know though...I also wondered whether this might be some sort of gang affiliated initiation thing.

http://www.tbo.com/news/publicsafet...as-search-for-seminole-heights-killer/2341911
rbbm.
The meeting with Tampa police will give concerned residents a chance to talk with investigators, who continue to hunt for whoever shot and killed three people at random in an 11-day span starting Oct. 9. It is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at the Edison Elementary School auditorium, 1607 E Curtis St.

So far, the only lead police have released to the public is a grainy video of a slender hooded figure walking a neighborhood street. Police have not called the person — who appears to be a man — a suspect, but they do want to speak with him.

"We've gotten some tips," said Tampa police spokesman Steve Hegarty. "People are helping; people are cooperating. Everyone is trying to be helpful, but it hasn't added up."
"There's a lot of police work going on," Hegarty said. "We're going door to door and chatting with people."

In part, the police presence is to help the neighborhood feel at ease, but also so officers can continue to probe for what people may have seen.

"Nothing is insignificant," Hegarty said.

Anyone with information for police can call (813) 231-6130.
Contact Sara DiNatale at sdinatale@tampabay.com (727) 893-8862. Follow @sara_dinatale.

I think I see a split in the bottom of the back of the "coat" similar to some suit jackets.

I also noticed a car in the background has some bright spots very similar to the spot on the coat. I wonder if it's just a glare, or a particular color that doesn't register well on that type of camera.
30a6f192e70ae329a5edf520abf1a91c.jpg
7bf71e8206b6790b902b347e84a76960.jpg

A few things...while not "cold" by any standards, nights have been cooler. Many Floridians, such as myself, have been wearing jeans/long pants and hoodies at night. Especially since the days have still been humid and in the upper 80s. Once you've lived here long enough, your cold tolerance goes waaaay down :p

The person in the video is a POI, not a suspect. They do walk like they know the area and are probably a local, making the same walk they do every night to get home. I do not believe they are the shooter.

Regarding anger at gentrification...yeah, Seminole Heights is experiencing some, but some areas have always been fancy and desirable real estate. It is an incredibly diverse area, but also pretty close-knit. For someone to be shooting people as a way to stop gentrification just seems...kind of like a plot for a bad movie.

Lastly, I don't think the shooter is on foot. All of the shootings take place a couple blocks from very busy roads. Both Nebraska and Hillsborough are main arterial roads, allowing anyone in a car to easily blend in with traffic.

I think this person just wants to shoot people. No political, religious, or social motive...just the thrill of taking a life. Which is honestly scarier than any of the aforementioned motives.

IMO & purely moo; looks like a young AA male, possibly with a military background, athletic, perhaps had been in a marching band, maybe has a low-powered flashlight in his back pocket; defiant & bold. Angry.

Someone he is close with has to have noticed his stressed out anger. Someone needs to report it.

BBM - I think you might have something there. I kept thinking there was something familiar about that walk - I was heavily involved when my kids were in marching band and they walked like that while marching and had to really think about it to stop walking like that.

BBM - I think you might have something there. I kept thinking there was something familiar about that walk - I was heavily involved when my kids were in marching band and they walked like that while marching and had to really think about it to stop walking like that.

Marching band also came to mind, in particular the marching ' wiggle " and head up look from this scene in Drumline. Just the bit when drummer is shown from behind. Slinky pants worn too.
imo, speculation.
[video=youtube;Rzbq1t9B-m4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzbq1t9B-m4[/video]

Interesting that a description of the witness or perhaps poi, is still left open.
Just a thought, wondering if and how Halloween in the neighbourhood might be affected by this, and even if that could be a motivating factor for the perp/s ?
Imo, speculation.
rbbm.
Oct 22 2017
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/2...illings-nothing-linking-victims-cops-say.html
Police are warning residents in the Seminole Heights neighborhood against walking outside alone, but encouraging them to go outside in groups and to pay attention to their surroundings, even handing out porch lights.
Things are moving, just not as quickly as we want," Dugan said, referring to the investigation.
Interim Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan told "FOX & Friends Weekend" that the only link between the three victims was that each one was all alone at the time of their murder.

"We don’t know if this in one individual. We don't know their color. We don’t know their race, their ethnicity, their sex," Dugan said. "There's so many unknowns, and that's why we're hesitant to label it with anything."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngluteplayer