FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this article was posted, but it has a fair amount of detail about the victims, particularly the 3rd one (Naiboa) . Apparently Mitchell and Naiboa knew each other from school.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/police-plan-community-meeting-as-search-for-seminole-heights-killer/2341911

They believe he was shot, maybe from behind some bushes, after he decided to start walking to the family home on Linden Street — about three miles north and across the Hillsborough River. For some reason, they said — perhaps the two earlier murders nearby — the Route 9 bus was not running along 15th Street that night.

A spokesman for Hillsborough Area Regional Transit said the bus was rerouted Friday but did not answer whether it was running a normal route the night before.

I wonder what route the bus ran that night and exactly where Naiboa got off.

A few things...while not "cold" by any standards, nights have been cooler. Many Floridians, such as myself, have been wearing jeans/long pants and hoodies at night. Especially since the days have still been humid and in the upper 80s. Once you've lived here long enough, your cold tolerance goes waaaay down :p

The person in the video is a POI, not a suspect. They do walk like they know the area and are probably a local, making the same walk they do every night to get home. I do not believe they are the shooter.

Regarding anger at gentrification...yeah, Seminole Heights is experiencing some, but some areas have always been fancy and desirable real estate. It is an incredibly diverse area, but also pretty close-knit. For someone to be shooting people as a way to stop gentrification just seems...kind of like a plot for a bad movie.

Lastly, I don't think the shooter is on foot. All of the shootings take place a couple blocks from very busy roads. Both Nebraska and Hillsborough are main arterial roads, allowing anyone in a car to easily blend in with traffic.

I think this person just wants to shoot people. No political, religious, or social motive...just the thrill of taking a life. Which is honestly scarier than any of the aforementioned motives.

I'm not sure the person on vid is the shooter either.There are a couple of times when the person on vid looks to the side, like someone would do who is walking alone at night and doesn't feel totally safe. Not even totally sure it's a guy... And also agree that the shootings were likely not connected to the upswing in local real estate prices. The people killed were apparently not really benefiting from that.
One thing : on the night that Monica Hoffa was killed, someone living nearby heard 5 shots fired...and also Monica Hoffa was found on a vacant city lot, not in the street. Did she go to the lot with her killer ? So that murder may well have been quite different from the other two. I still wonder if all 3 victims knew each other in some way,and maybe knew the shooter too. jmo

If the person on the video is not the shooter, I would hope that he/she comes forward.
I'd think that if the person is local, he/she would be aware of the shootings and video...at the very least from people he/she knows.
Maybe the person has already done that, however wouldn't LE have announced that person is not a suspect?

If the person on the video is not the shooter, I would hope that he/she comes forward.
I'd think that if the person is local, he/she would be aware of the shootings and video...at the very least from people he/she knows.
Maybe the person has already done that, however wouldn't LE have announced that person is not a suspect?
Perhaps if that has happened, LE are deliberately making it "seem" like they think that's the killer, in order to lure the real perp into a false sense of security, whilst they draw closer to the actual shooter...?

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

According to that article, 2 of the 3 murders are basically solved and they don't think Dontae's is related to those but could it be related to these recent ones? I haven't been able to find any updates on his case beyond March articles.

Maybe I misread?

"Police officers who were flooding the area because of the two previous murders heard the gun shots, Dugan said, but arrived too late. The shooter was gone.

"Authorities are releasing little information about their investigation, which is being assisted by the FBI. The three victims, Naiboa, Benjamin Edward Mitchell, 22, and Monica Caridad Hoffa, 32, are all connected by proximity and time-frame, said Dugan, who declined to say whether there is any connection between the type of weapon or ammunition used in the killings."

<snip>

&#8220;At this point, authorities do not believe the killings are connected to the shooting death of Dontae Lampkins, 25, whose body was found Jan. 26 in an alleyway between E Mohawk and Comanche avenues in the Hampton Terrace neighborhood of Seminole Heights.&#8221;

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...y-investigate-third-death-in-seminole/2341766

No biggie, just noting a tiny and very common coincidence. All the victims pictured are wearing glasses of some sort.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...fter-murdered-florida/S4vB63RtWMAFQ71bF7zhuI/
CBS News reported that on Friday night residents of the neighborhood took to the streets marching and chanting: "Whose streets? Our streets!"

A total of $25,000 reward from different agencies is being offered for tips leading to an arrest.

Anyone with information about the murders is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-8477 (TIPS) or report anonymously online at www.crimestopperstb.com.
attachment.php

Monica Caridad Hoffa, from left, Anthony Naiboa and Benjamin Edward Mitchell.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...hts-killer-after-taking-wrong-bus-home?page=2
Detectives have not discovered any connection between the three victims. In each of the shootings, it appears the victim was alone and was not robbed. There is no apparent motive, according to TPD.

"This is senseless. Somebody could shoot people just like that. This person needs to be caught," said Naiboa's father.
"We still have no leads, we have no motives," Chief Dugan said during the press conference. "It's clear to me that they're all linked."
Detectives are urging members of the public to watch a surveillance video from the night of the October 9 shooting, and help police identify the man in the video. Detectives want to talk with him because he was in the area the night of the first shooting, and may have seen or heard something.

Chief Dugan is asking all residents in the area to turn their porch lights on every night to help keep the neighborhoods safer. He says anyone who does not have a porch light can contact TPD and they will provide one for you.

Attachments

• 3 dead.jpg
    3 dead.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 330
WOW! I see a determined walk. Walking with a purpose versus a leisure walk. Any chance we're seeing a trans person? Shoulders remind me male, posture reminds me female. And walking around with the pistol out? Who does that? A very dangerous person! hope LE gets a major break in this soon!

I think it's a cell phone....not a pistol. And this person might or might not not be the killer.

Whoever it is certainly isn't showing any nervous behavior or any tendency to hurry on out of the area. It's just a calm,steady walk. That could go either way.....no reason to quickly leave due to being an innocent person, or just a cold, brazen killer with nerves of steel.

I think it looks like a slender male, younger, based on the walk. It also looks at times that he is wearing a "raincoat" type jacket with a large hood like raincoats have. At the end it looks like the bottom front sides are flapping against his legs. moo I'll watch again and probably change my mind.

Does anyone know where the surveillance video came from? And why is the video following the POI?

So what makes this bus stop attractive to a possible serial killer?
imo.
rbbm.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...y-investigate-third-death-in-seminole/2341766
Authorities have said repeatedly that the victims did nothing wrong and there is no connection between them.

But there are similarities.
All three victims were bus riders and all three were shot at or near bus stops. Mitchell and Naiboa both attended Middleton High School.

Naiboa was found at North 15th and Conover streets, a few hundred yards south from the No. 9 bus stop where he had gotten off and where Mitchell was killed 11 days earlier.

Hoffa did not drive and relied heavily on public transportation, said Caz Taylor, 34, a close friend of Hoffa.

"Every day she was walking to the bus stop," Taylor said. "That was not unusual. Her main mode of transportation was her feet.

Odd stride. Immediately reminded me of trying to walk to your car after a pedicure wearing those thin little brightly colored thong slippers . So hard to walk in!. Purposely have to remind self to raise toes a bit higher off the ground & firmly plant heel in order to not tear them up or walk out of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

IMO the gait is very similar to those who have had a broken pelvis in the past. I thought the person looked female at first but after watching a couple times I’m not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first thought was a blister on their heel. New shoes? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members