FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF this turns out to be gang related, what would be the reason for killing multiple people at random? Do they usually force a new member to kill multiple people at random during the initiation process or initiate four or more new members at a time? If there were others seen with him, I can see why gang activity might be suspected... but I don't think I've ever heard of a situation where a gang member murdered multiple people and those victims had no gang affiliation.

I can't believe there hasn't been much discussion about the pets that have also been killed. Like the one lady who found her cat in the yard nearly decapitated. That just adds another level of creepy to a situation terrifying enough already.

Bless her heart (and the other victims')

Infuriating.

Thanks for the info - so it sounds like the female victim was likely in the grassy area on her own (feeding cats, perhaps), and not moved there or chased there. I'll assume that for the time being, and it actually fits better with the case. I was thinking her killing was different, but it really doesn't seem so. All the victims seem to have been shot while walking along - totally out of the blue, without a chase.

jmopinion at the moment.

Well what I'm wondering is they know with the 11/14 shooting that the shooter came right up behind him...if they know the spot from where the shots were fired (where he was standing), couldn't they go from there? And the locations of the footage and their trail? Or dDo they have to have a piece of clothing or something? What about the spent ammo if he handled the ammo (he probably used gloves) but ykwim? Just like on COPS where they chase suspects with dogs?

I used to have a hunting dog that had a great nose so learned a little bit about how they work.

This is JMO because I have no experience with real tracking dogs though.

I believe to be of the best help then LE would need an item from the perp which they of course dont have yet but you do make a good point that officers will just let a dog go looking for a running suspect without that if the suspect had recently run off. We have all seen that happen on TV.

So I am guessing the odors would have to be fairly fresh for a dog to be able to track someone that had been in the area and attempt to follow just that one person. It is a good question though because LE was there very quickly after the shooting. Maybe they did try a dog and maybe it didnt pan out.

Without an article from the perp I think it would be difficult but it is sure worth a try since they pretty much have the exact spot the perp had to have been standing in the latest shooting. You never know if a good dog may pick up a certain odor from that particular perp and get his track.

rsbm
I can't believe there hasn't been much discussion about the pets that have also been killed. Like the one lady who found her cat in the yard nearly decapitated. That just adds another level of creepy to a situation terrifying enough already.

Ugh I was wondering about this...

Speculation, I think this guy thinks he's so cool and smart, alludng the cops.

Exactly. An elderly housemate is what I had in mind.

I was thinking grandmother or parents too. I think he's old enough to be doing his own thing - so parent/family members aren't necessarily monitoring his whereabout as if he were younger. Being out at night might be part of his routine, or his family is asleep, or they're letting him be an adult with adult hours. But...they might be noticing that he wasn't home when these murders were committed.

I don't think this guy is living with roommates who don't care - mainly because of the Chief's plea for people to do the right thing and call in a name. He is appealing to decent people who do want to do the right thing, which, to me, indicates they think the perp belongs to a family, community (team, perhaps??) who are people who want to be law-abiding.

The perp shows confidence when walking, but it isn't a scary confidence like a gang member or criminal or drifter.

jmopinion

He has no doubt seen all the coverage showing him strut in the cctv images, he has not apparently changed anything since the original releases of video.
Seems like honey badger just don't give a s***.
Why would that be? Is he stark raving mad, does he like the idea of every tall, thin black male getting stopped or looked at with suspicion,does he secretly or not so secretly, want to be caught?
Could he be wearing makeup or a mask, does his non-killing appearance/persona look quite different from his shooter look?
imo, speculation.

Hmmmm...

If it is true that a person or witness saw two others running with this perp....could it bea game they are playing....i know that sounds terrible...but maybe they are puting dares on each other. Do we know for sure it is the same perp in the videos....one looks shorter in the video to me. Especially with the animal abuse...it could be a cult of teens????

""The support from the community and our law enforcement partners has been inspiring,'' said Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan in a news release. "I can't thank them enough for stepping up. *The reward money is truly impressive, and that's only one of the many ways that people are showing their support."

Law enforcement partners contributed $85,000, which include funding from ATF, Crime Stoppers, FDLE and the FBI. The community raised more than $6,000."

Reward money in Seminole Heights murders reaches $100,000
http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/reward-money-in-seminole-heights-murders-reaches-100000

And/or basketball, I see there was some discussion about that a while back, still catching up)

I know of a guy whose dad is a college basketball coach and his sister is a college basketball player ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. An elderly housemate is what I had in mind.

Either completely oblivious, or is in denial or doesn't care. Generational abuse/neglect/history of illness etc...

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if she spotted him and was going into the grassy area to get away? It just seems odd that a woman at night would be in a grassy area alone. I can picture her waiting for a bus or walking along a street, but not walking into a grassy area at night.

I'm just thinking aloud her - and wondering if she get him a bit of a chase before he was able to shoot her. (Yucky to think about, I know.)

I could be off base....I'm catching up and keeping up at the same time and might not have read what has already been discussed about her.

jmo

Her sister said she cut through that lot all the time to feed stray cats

ETA: sorry just realized this has already been addressed upthread

Maybe the first 3 were targeted and the last one was random to switch things up and throw the cops off.

:wagon:to Websleuths, blindtheskies and Bjc010!! We're glad you're with us!!

:cheer:
:cheer::cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads