FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Hatfield, I know you spent a lot of time in NOCO, as I mentioned earlier I don't have any thoughts that could be carried over at this time (hey what about Shot spotter (well detecting the location doesn't seem to be the issue here but...), anyway if you (or anyone) can think of anything we learned there please add.

Eta:

Denver Police look to extend contract for ShotSpotter gunshot detection technologyTotal contract is worth $648,909
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-for-shotspotter-gunshot-detection-technology

"The technology alerts police to gunfire, allowing them to pinpoint the location of a gunshot within 82 feet of an incident.

"There have been several instances where offices responded and were able to get to victims in a more timely manner," said*Lt. Aaron Sanchez with the Denver Police Department."

*more links in progress, they just tested it the other night...

Eta:

"Gunshots Will Ring Out in These Four Denver Neighborhoods Tonight
*NOVEMBER 6, 2017*

Tonight between 7 and 11 p.m., gunshots will ring out in four different neighborhoods around Denver: Westwood, Villa Park, Clayton and Montbello."
http://www.westword.com/news/denver-police-department-to-test-shotspotter-system-9667744

"Shot Spotter is a system that DPD's been using since early 2015. It captures and triangulates the sound of gunfire and pinpoints the location of where a gun went off to within 25 feet.

"The program's been extremely effective," Sanchez said. "We've since expanded into west and north Denver."

Effectiveness

Since its inception in Denver, Sanchez says Shot Spotter has helped officers tremendously.

It has led officers to at least 50 arrests, 29 thus far in 2016, according to Denver Police."

Denver Police expand gunshot detection program
http://www.9news.com/news/local/denver-police-expand-gunshot-detection-program/323220657

MAKING CITIES &*
CAMPUSES SAFER
Real-time Gunshot Detection & Alert System
http://www.shotspotter.com/

When I saw his flat shoes in the first video, the first thing that came to mind was that he is into skateboarding.

That could be, too....though from the skateboarders I know who are really into it, they can't stand to walk. They will skateboard everywhere. I can't see a skateboarder walking along like the perp is in the video - they would much rather be skateboarding. Just my opinion, based on close observation of those skateboarders I know :)

But, I think we all agree that this perp is physically fit and has some coordination from practice in something....

jmo

I’m thinking he lives somewhere around Frieson/Giddens Park.

I agree. Wandering around this neighborhood in streetview, I always come back to the park. It would allow someone on foot to avoid the view of many houses and it's full of trees, shrubs and structures that could obscure.

Yes. While studying shooters, imo there is a difference between ones who are calculated as far as their shooting styles go, say snipes, fires one long distance shot from a rifle vs just popping off/ spraying gunfire....the latter imo is often tied to gangs...of course we have mass shooters that do this as well (many shots) that are not tied to gangs...just a thought, feeling, could be way wrong.

Which makes me also wonder... he prefers single victims as opposed to groups. Hmmmmm...maybe he doesn't want to be martyred by name like some of the other massshooters, nor does he want to put himself in a situation where he has to shoot himself as other mass shooters do.

So, cocky, wants to live, enjoys the anonymity and fear he is putting in people, obviously doesn't value human life, many possibly obvious characterisitics, but much for me to think about.

Physically agile, trusts his ability to run and hide.

Have you guys looked into bank robberies?

also he probably is watching the cops investigate. Hopefully, they are scanning the crowds.

The female victim is described as being found in some grass- do I have that right? Was she shot there and left in that spot, or moved there after being shot? Do we know?

jmo

Most likely left there. Witnesses heard gun sounds at that location the night of the shooting. I would believe that he either followed her from a bus stop or was waiting in the vacant lot before the shooting.

My guess is if he's not living alone then possibly living with person/s that for whatever reason either hasn't been able to put two and two together or wouldn't do the math and turn it in under any circumstances.

Elderly relatives, overworked parents (not home), dysfunctional family life (family involved in drugs, creating, making, selling). Lives alone or has criminal roommates who don't care.

That could be, too....though from the skateboarders I know who are really into it, they can't stand to walk. They will skateboard everywhere. I can't see a skateboarder walking along like the perp is in the video - they would much rather be skateboarding. Just my opinion, based on close observation of those skateboarders I know :)

But, I think we all agree that this perp is physically fit and has some coordination from practice in something....

jmo

Maybe that would explain why he walks so different and odd.

Most likely left there. Witnesses heard gun sounds at that location the night of the shooting. I would believe that he either followed her from a bus stop or was waiting in the vacant lot before the shooting.

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if she spotted him and was going into the grassy area to get away? It just seems odd that a woman at night would be in a grassy area alone. I can picture her waiting for a bus or walking along a street, but not walking into a grassy area at night.

I'm just thinking aloud her - and wondering if she get him a bit of a chase before he was able to shoot her. (Yucky to think about, I know.)

I could be off base....I'm catching up and keeping up at the same time and might not have read what has already been discussed about her.

jmo

(Hatfield, I know you spent a lot of time in NOCO, as I mentioned earlier I don't have any thoughts that could be carried over at this time (hey what about Sure spotter (standby), anyway if you (or anyone) can think of anything we learned there please add

Hello Margarita,
Yea I have been racking my brain trying to think back to things we considered while discussing the random vehicle shootings and those random murders in Colorado.

I think with this case the murders were so so close together I keep coming back to the perp has to be living very close by. I dont think he is leaving the area with a vehicle or anything. He may have a bicycle or skateboard or something to move quicker through the streets but I think he is mainly on foot and just getting back to his house quickly and then just shutting the door.

The reason I am so stuck on him having to live right there close to the killings is that quite a few days have passed between each shooting and yet when the shootings happen it is within a relatively small confined area. I think they would be more spread apart if he was not from the area.

The other day I mentioned that I think he is really young. Like late teens to mid twenties at most. And I think he lives with either just one working parent who is never home hardly or maybe an elderly grandmother or something. Which is giving him basically no supervision and allowing him to leave at all hours of the night.

Just IMO of course.

Question, do you guys these these victims are targeted/preselected, or random victims who are in the wrong place at the right time?
If you look at the maps of this area it's a grid of parallel and streets intersecting # side streets, your typical city block. I have a feeling he walks, maybe not down along street in open, but follows the street hidden and shoots the first person he sees. There is usually a bus stop at the intersection of each of these streets , so imo that's almost just a coincidence. He then flees on one of the side streets seemingly toward a highway that encompasses the town, again strictly my own opinion .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

interesting idea. possible i guess. hiding on a building in these areas doesn't make too much sense. at least in the areas where the killings were are all mostly houses. would you notice a person on the roof of your house? i feel like that's a yes.

as for trees. it is possible. but this is florida. we have palm trees and lots of oak trees but they don't provide much coverage. if i climbed the huge oak tree in my yard there is no way i could stay hidden in it without being noticed. and it is a 200+ year old tree.

i personally think he is making his way through the alleys behind houses. some of them are so over grown you could easily hide in the tall grasses and junk without being seen.

What about hiding under homes? A lot of these homes are "bungalows." The floors are raised on piers just a couple feet off the ground with minimal access. They are not easy to maneuver, but it would provide a means to stay hidden for a period of time. Also, it would help to wear long pants, light shoes, and a jacket to deal with the dirt.

Maybe he's got the scanner on his phone too.
Yep I wondered this too when LE said after the 3rd shooting they were certain they set up a tight perimeter and would catch him. Sometimes the level of detail shared over public scanner channels amazes me.

My guess is, since the recent witnesses heard 4 to 5ish pops, he's either got a clip that holds a lot of rounds, or he has a spare clip. Because, if by chance he gets chased, he will need more rounds if there is a shootout.

Yep I wondered this too when LE said after the 3rd shooting they were certain they set up a tight perimeter and would catch him. Sometimes the level of detail shared over public scanner channels amazes me.

Sometimes I wonder if it's staged lol for exactly that reason (scanner stuff)...

What about hiding under homes? A lot of these homes are "bungalows." The floors are raised on piers just a couple feet off the ground with minimal access. They are not easy to maneuver, but it would provide a means to stay hidden for a period of time. Also, it would help to wear long pants, light shoes, and a jacket to deal with the dirt.

definitely possible to hide under some of these houses. most have lattice to keep animals out (that is what mine has) but not every house does. a thin built person could definitely slide under a bungalow and lay low for a while.

If you look at the maps of this area it's a grid of parallel and streets intersecting # side streets, your typical city block. I have a feeling he walks, maybe not down along street in open, but follows the street hidden and shoots the first person he sees. There is usually a bus stop at the intersection of each of these streets , so imo that's almost just a coincidence. He then flees on one of the side streets seemingly toward a highway that encompasses the town, again strictly my own opinion .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

He/she really is taking a big gamble this way...

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if she spotted him and was going into the grassy area to get away? It just seems odd that a woman at night would be in a grassy area alone. I can picture her waiting for a bus or walking along a street, but not walking into a grassy area at night.

I'm just thinking aloud her - and wondering if she get him a bit of a chase before he was able to shoot her. (Yucky to think about, I know.)

I could be off base....I'm catching up and keeping up at the same time and might not have read what has already been discussed about her.

jmo

I agree, she probably was walking along the street. The grassy area is actually just a vacant lot between occupied homes. He may have caught her at a street or alley in close proximity then moved the body there, but the witnesses that heard the shots were located right next to the vacant lot.

Thanks for the info.

jmo

yes! i have been thinking about this a lot. I've walked passed that lot many times before the shooting. it was just an empty over grown lot that probably had a house on it at one point. there isn't a reason for anyone to be in that lot. what was she doing in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member