FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a motorcycle jacket? If he has a motorcycle parked near by somewhere he can ride on to the freeway, and be gone very quickly.

I liiiiiike this........motorcycle. Good thinking.

Question, do you guys these these victims are targeted/preselected, or random victims who are in the wrong place at the right time?

The running videos are really revealing. I also 100% agree with track running. Measured strides, good speed and technique. Reminds me of runners in the final stretch of the 400/800m. Hopefully LE have picked up on that and will check local teams records to try and find possible matches. However, I imagine there are many, tall, slim, athletic, long-limbed runners.

As for the phone - I don't think the flip is useful at all. To me it looks like the POI is doing this:

[video]https://youtu.be/eT7PmvIH8os[/video]

I just recorded this video. I'm also a young male, and I have a habit of doing this a lot with my phone. I also have a couple of friends off the top of my head who do the same. To me this is too broad a habit to be able to narrow it down much. But hey, never say never - we can hope.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Yes, track.

Random — the suspect seems to prefer victims of opportunity, imo.

Question, do you guys these these victims are targeted/preselected, or random victims who are in the wrong place at the right time?

My hunch is wrong place at the wrong time. I think the perp is hunting for people alone and then strikes.

Another possibility I thought about is if the victims were previously in a location where the killer followed them. Is there a pattern were the victims were, before they were killed?

I do think it's random, though. Like virtual reality - the perp is ready to strike while playing the game....and then the game is over and the perp goes back to regular life.

jmopinion

Just had a thought...any reports of vehicle windows shattered this past year?

About a wk after the third victom was killed....st pete beach had two shootings...one shattered the back window of a vehicle...driven by uber driver. I think it is kind of close to tampa. why do you ask? A theory?

Hmmmm....read the entire thread so far:

I'm thinking possibly a light weight "boxer"....he's all garbed up like he's out doing some of his stamina training, he's got the "pecs" and the walk.

You know how phones have night vision/pics and video you can shoot at night? They pick up the IR illuminators from security cameras. Is he using that to avoid looking into a security camera? He'd be able to catch the "illumination" on his phone screen.
Most home security systems have a limited "sharp" image after 15'.

Wow...interesting.

Yes. While studying shooters, imo there is a difference between ones who are calculated as far as their shooting styles go, say snipes, fires one long distance shot from a rifle vs just pooping off/ spraying gunfire....the latter imo is often tied to gangs...of course we have mass shooters that do this as well (many shots) that are not tied to gangs...just a thought, feeling, could be way wrong.

Which makes me also wonder... he prefers single victims as opposed to groups. Hmmmmm...maybe he doesn't want to be martyred by name like some of the other massshooters, nor does he want to put himself in a situation where he has to shoot himself as other mass shooters do.

So, cocky, wants to live, enjoys the anonymity and fear he is putting in people, obviously doesn't value human life, many possibly obvious characterisitics, but much for me to think about.

Physically agile, trusts his ability to run and hide.

Have you guys looked into bank robberies?

Regarding anonymity, I've been mulling this over. You'd think a brazen young punk would want to brag, to "own" his notoriety in front of others in his circle, to prove his "worth" and street cred. Hey I'm the shooter and I have guts and the ability to fool the cops.
Since no one is coming forward with his identity (nearly $100,000 would be very attractive to an anonymous snitch), I'm thinking this guy is a true psycho loner who is satisfied enough with the mystery of who he is. He knows there are cameras around, he has seen the videos, he disguises himself in the hoodie and who knows what else to shield his identity.

For now, I don't think this is a gang thing, nor an initiation of sorts. He's working alone, and no one knows.
Opinion subject to change.....I don't have a clue.

About a wk after the third victom was killed....st pete beach had two shootings...one shattered the back window of a vehicle...driven by uber driver. I think it is kind of close to tampa. why do you ask? A theory?

Hmmmm....looking for links re: this...

To answer your question, with the unsolved NOCO shootings there were several, several window shatterings around the same time, on a jail van, police car, iirc and many many others. FTR LE never linked any of the shatterings to the killings. These are all documented in the NOCO threads complete with pictures, etc.

I am not saying this Tampa case is work of the NOCO shooter by any means, but if there have been vehicle window shatterings, you may be interested in this as an example:

(Get ready to be blown away, yes it lights up like a Christmas tree. This is Forager's amazing NOCO map showing shootings and shatterings) .
He also made an amazing spreadsheet covering nationwide instances.

Northern Colorado Shootings Map 2015 - Google
Google › mymaps › viewer
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1eSouES1N20Jec79t-v_Nwwlao7M&hl=en_US

I agree. Looks like a trained runner - could be track or another sport that involves running (football, soccer, for example).

jmopinion

And/or basketball, I see there was some discussion about that a while back, still catching up)

rb/sbm

EXCELLENT points, margarita! Definitely cocky, agile ... and bank (and just robberies in general) are something I hadn't considered. Hmmmmmm.

So, cocky, wants to live, enjoys the anonymity and fear he is putting in people, obviously doesn't value human life, many possibly obvious characterisitics, but much for me to think about.

Physically agile, trusts his ability to run and hide.

Have you guys looked into bank robberies?

And/or basketball, I see there was some discussion about that a while back, still catching up)

Yes - I forgot about that sport, but that is another sport with running and where a lean and quick-changing skills are useful. The Chief said the perp "flips a switch" and I am hung up on that phrase.

jmo

The female victim is described as being found in some grass- do I have that right? Was she shot there and left in that spot, or moved there after being shot? Do we know?

jmo

When I saw his flat shoes in the first video, the first thing that came to mind was that he is into skateboarding.

or they are not telling the public. Gathering intel and tailing him however, he must have got out of his house shot the last victim then hid for a few hours.
Hiding in a store? a shed? storm drain? any abandoned bldgs, houses close by? anyway to travel underground or through a creek bed back home, or picked up by a bus, uber or a friend?

My guess is if he's not living alone then possibly living with person/s that for whatever reason either hasn't been able to put two and two together or wouldn't do the math and turn it in under any circumstances.

(Hatfield, I know you spent a lot of time in NOCO, as I mentioned earlier I don't have any thoughts that could be carried over at this time (hey what about Sure spotter (standby), anyway if you (or anyone) can think of anything we learned there please add

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3