FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if LE has some,credible suspects, they have people watching them plus they have access to their cellphones via a court order.

That is why I am thinking they do not know who it is. They would have followed him on the last killing.

There are people who have no clue what goes on. They may have never seen any news reports.

The videos are the best source, I feel. Like LE says, all video whether he is in it or not is important. I imagine more people have purchased cameras .

Maybe the first 3 were targeted and the last one was random to switch things up and throw the cops off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or maybe he just saw her, and thought, "Nobody's around, why not?" Awful, yes, but we're dealing with a person who kills on the streets -- he kills in cold blood, merciless. IMO.

The 4th victim was crossing the street toward the church, right? But then wasn't his bike found next to the church? If so then where was he coming from? I'm confused about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When questioned regarding type of gun or ballistics, the Tampa Police specifically stated, "we are not releasing that type of information... because there is only certain information that the killer/killers have"

https://www.facebook.com/FOX13TampaBay/videos/10155309832553525/

I get frustrated when LE always seems to hold things back with the excuse to protect the investigation and I cant imagine that they always are able to catch someone slipping up in an interview with a big "Gotcha".

I thought about this the other day and I think another reason why they may not want to release much information is it can help them confirm a perp is confessing the truth when he is ready to confess to a crime.

I can understand it better from that angle although holding back the caliber of a weapon seems like it would not help confirm much of anything because there are only a handful of common types of calibers and so many people have them.

I can understand maybe holding back on the specific location of the wounds but holding back on the caliber I cant see how that can help with the investigation even if a perp is confessing. We already know a gun was used and calibers are common so if a perp says yea I used a .22 that still would have to be validated with balistics rather than just his word for it.

Now if the caliber used is a not so commonly used caliber like maybe a .25 then maybe that could help a little but still would not be something LE could believe without forensic testing of the gun used.

I get frustrated when LE always seems to hold things back with the excuse to protect the investigation and I cant imagine that they always are able to catch someone slipping up in an interview with a big "Gotcha".

I thought about this the other day and I think another reason why they may not want to release much information is it can help them confirm a perp is confessing the truth when he is ready to confess to a crime.

I can understand it better from that angle although holding back the caliber of a weapon seems like it would not help confirm much of anything because there are only a handful of common types of calibers and so many people have them.

I can understand maybe holding back on the specific location of the wounds but holding back on the caliber I cant see how that can help with the investigation even if a perp is confessing. We already know a gun was used and calibers are common so if a perp says yea I used a .22 that still would have to be validated with balistics rather than just his word for it.

Now if the caliber used is a not so commonly used caliber like maybe a .25 then maybe that could help a little but still would not be something LE could believe without forensic testing of the gun used.

There are always people falsely confessing to crimes, LE does not have the time to verify a false claim. So that is why they hold back things only known to the killer. In this case, there would not be too much that would identify a fake claim except info about the weapon. What else is there?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/1...ting-hotter-in-seminole-heights-killings.html
[h=1]Tampa police say trail getting hotter in Seminole Heights killings[/h]
"Some crazy person, some crazy person, that is all you can explain, some crazy person, because, why? They are just targeting innocent people and shooting them. Who in their right mind would do such a thing?” said one neighborhood resident, echoing the worried thoughts of many.

Thursday at 4:51 a.m., as 60-year-old Ronnie Felton walked to a local church where he worked at a food kitchen to feed the poor, he was ambushed, according to police. He was shot five times and left to die in the street.
Police and the FBI have been canvassing the neighborhood for days, knocking on every door, searching houses and looking for anyone who looks similar to the man in the videos.

They’re also digging into every person recently released from prison, from jail and from a hospital after being “Baker Acted,” which is when a violent person is held in a hospital for a time, until doctors determine that person is no longer a danger to themselves.

Police are also urging every Seminole Heights resident in this working class neighborhood on the north side of the city to leave their front porch light on every night, from 6 p.m. to 6 am.

And everyone just hopes this suspect is caught, before what everyone fears will happens: A fifth victim.

I agree, she probably was walking along the street. The grassy area is actually just a vacant lot between occupied homes. He may have caught her at a street or alley in close proximity then moved the body there, but the witnesses that heard the shots were located right next to the vacant lot.
I always thought the location of her body was strange. Maybe he didnt intend to kill her and he was hitting on her or something and she turned him down, he got angry and creepy, she tried to run and he shot her??? Just trying to think outside the box...

on another note, I guess LE is eating their bus theory now. It was weak to begin with imo bc MH didnt ride the bus regularly and wasnt near one at the time of her death and AN was literally walking down the street. Not sure why they ran with the route 9 theory so quickly....

imo they ran with the serial killer theory too quickly as well. Im assuming a different gun was used on the last vic since they started asking if anyone had a gun missing now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yikes, " probably looking for other locations "...
[video=youtube;e-frR5aHg60]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-frR5aHg60[/video]

Mr Felton was shot in the back of the head, were the other 3 shot in the back of the head? I’ve looked but can’t find. TIA

The suspect is described as a black male, 6′ to 6′ 2″ tall and has a thin build and a light complexion. He was armed with a large black pistol and was last seen wearing all black clothing.

http://wfla.com/2017/11/14/tampa-pd-officers-responding-to-shooting-in-seminole-heights/

“We think by their proximity and the manner it was done, they are linked,” said Dugan during a news conference on Tuesday morning. “We’re saying it’s related to the other Seminole Heights murders.”

http://www.wtsp.com/news/if-you-dont-live-in-seminole-heights-should-you-be-concerned/492465823
We talked to former FBI special agent Dave Couvertier about the four murders there. He says the suspect does meet the criteria for being a serial killer. He’s acting along, has killed more than two people. And it usually happens in separate locations.

People in Seminole Heights are obviously very concerned. But should people outside the neighborhood also keep an eye out?

“Absolutely,” said Couvertier. “What he’s doing right now, as we’ve seen in the past, he’s very comfortable in this location. But he’s probably looking in other locations outside this particular region. So everybody should be alert and everybody should be helping out.”

Statistically, killers usually live within one or two miles of the crime scenes, so while it’s likely the suspect knows someone or lives in Seminole Heights, Couvertier says it’s not a given.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...ick-says-of-Seminole-Heights-killer_162710513

‘I’m pleading to my brothers. You know this guy,’ council member Frank Reddick says of Seminole Heights killer

[FONT=&amp]Published: November 16, 2017
Updated: November 16, 2017 at 01:17 PM

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]TAMPA — With the Seminole Heights neighborhood reeling from four unsolved fatal shootings, City Council member Frank Reddick made an emotional plea Thursday for members of the black community there to give police information about the killer.
[...]
He said it is sad no one has come forward with information. Several times during a speech at a Tampa City Council meeting, he called on "his brothers" to help law enforcement solve the crimes.
"I’m pleading to my brothers. You know this guy," he said. "You know this guy that is walking at 4 o’clock in the morning. Brothers don’t let this happen again. It could be your family next."
Reddick, the lone black member of the council, also offered to serve as a go-between for people who have information but are wary of talking to police. His East Tampa district includes part of the Seminole Heights neighborhood.
[...][/FONT]

IMO, it seems like maybe the killer is following a specific bus route through Seminole Heights. All the murders happened within the vicinity of Route 9. The third victim Anthony Naiboa was murdered after getting off a bus along North 15th Street.
It also seems like possibly the killer lives in the area, he's obviously very comfortable there. Especially when he can escape authorities within a minute of them getting on scene after Naiboa was shot.

Either completely oblivious, or is in denial or doesn't care. Generational abuse/neglect/history of illness etc...

Another possibility is that he's living with roommates of similar age who are using and/or dealing in drugs and other crime. People like that are either not paying attention, don't care or are reluctant to come forward for fear of getting arrested on outstanding charges, parole violation, etc. LE sometimes has to offer substantial rewards in those cases because that category of tipster is probably going to have to hire a lawyer to deal with their own legal issues if they come forward. When they recently announced the higher reward, it made me wonder.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...spect-in-Seminole-Heights-killings-_162679203
Watch: Police release new video of suspect in Seminole Heights killings

Updated: November 15, 2017 at 03:08 PM

[FONT=&amp]TAMPA — Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan on Wednesday released new video showing who he now is identifying as a suspect in the four Seminole Heights killings.

After receiving 450 tips following the fatal shooting of Ronald Felton, 60, early Tuesday morning, Dugan released the video, which was taken close to the time Felton was killed.
[...]
[/FONT]
Meanwhile, the reward has gone up to $91,000, with the Federal Bureau of Investigations offering $50,000.[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

He has a distinctive foot slap on his right side. Surely someone has to know who he is. I have a similar gait due to my hip and back issues; which I have mentioned before. Most people do not walk like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Another possibility is that he's living with roommates of similar age who are using and/or dealing in drugs and other crime. People like that are either not paying attention, don't care or are reluctant to come forward for fear of getting arrested on outstanding charges, parole violation, etc. LE sometimes has to offer substantial rewards in those cases because that category of tipster is probably going to have to hire a lawyer to deal with their own legal issues if they come forward. When they recently announced the higher reward, it made me wonder.

No Snitching is a real issue in drug communities.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/Reward...rmation-on-Seminole-Heights-murders_162713072
Reward hits $100,000 for information on Seminole Heights murders

[FONT=&amp]Published: November 16, 2017
Updated: November 16, 2017 at 01:38 PM

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]TAMPA — The reward for information that leads to solving the four murders in Seminole Heights has reached $100,000.
The reward grew from $91,000 Thursday after restaurant owner Richard Gonzmart pledged $9,000.
[...]

[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members