FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A dancer comes to mind when he runs, practically leaping into the air with footwear that is almost reminiscent of dance shoes, even a pair of socks!
Twirling the phone/gun? like it was a baton.
Conversely, maybe the straight back is due to some form of protective vest, or, back to the socks- maybe his torso is iron straight due to constriction caused by layers/change of clothing underneath his coat?
imo, speculation.

I am thinking dancer or athlete - the posture, the pose, the calm before danger (which dancers and athletes learn to control before a performance or competition), the discipline to carry this out....and the build. The perp is lean, and is likely in great shape. He's not bulldozing his way in these crimes with brute force, isn't clumsy, but has some finesse, which again points to some training like dance or sports.

Or, military. Could be that too.

jmo

How positive are you this is where the footage came from?

Edit: looking again at the video I think you're right, probably the pawn shop there. Scratch the church parking lot guess from last night.

I wonder why the Police Chief did not want to give location of this video?

doesn't want the killer to know where the cameras are located.

doesn't want the killer to get revenge on the camera owner

trying to hold back key bits of information to protect the investigation

there are probably a lot of reasons.

They don't want to give the suspect the knowledge that they know where he came from and exited to after the latest incident. Due to the quick response from police, I think they have a very good idea of where the suspect has to be at this point

and/or they don't want to hurt the business at the pawnshop.

What blindtheskies said but yes, probably so perp wouldn't know what area to avoid in the future or maybe the business requested anonymity. The guy doesn't seem to worried about getting caught on video though, if he knows the area he knows where the cameras are I would think.

JMO
I am sticking with that he lives so close to the killings that he runs from the immediate shooting area and then is able to briskly walk home and just shuts the door and probably watches out the window at all the police activity show up.

Im thinking his home is very close to the actual shootings which allows him to get inside his home before most of the police activity shows up. Then he just holes up there. I am even guessing his home is one of the homes that LE probably knocked on when going door to door. He probably just doesnt answer the door and pretends nobody is home.

I would hope a neighbor by now would be able to report their suspicions if they have a neighbor that fits the description of the perp.

If he doesn't answer, the Police would be sure to come back until they get an answer. If no one ever answers, that would initiate a great deal of suspicion and they would probably camp themselves outside that home.

doesn't want the killer to know where the cameras are located.

doesn't want the killer to get revenge on the camera owner

trying to hold back key bits of information to protect the investigation

there are probably a lot of reasons.

Including the fact that they want to make sure eyewitness accounts are accurate and that people aren't making up information.

LE is now stating the person in the video is no longer a Person of Interest, and is considered a suspect.

I read where they have dogs tracking the area...wonder why they haven't picked up what way he gets out....and where he goes????

One thing the last shooting with no arrest tells us is if they had anyone under surveillance or any that they suspected, it wasn't the right ones. On the up-side, if you can call it that, is some could have potentially been ruled out.

attachment.php

Escape path from the murder of Benjamin Mitchell on Oct 9th was west bound then a sharp right going north toward Highway 45. Escape path from murder of Ronald Felton on November 14th was eastbound on McBerry. I would bet he made a sharp left to head north on N 12th Street. Am so hoping folks who live on McBerry and N 12th turn in all video to LE.

Great maps. However, I do think that he went south and not north after the Benjamin Mitchell shooting based on surveillance video of him running along the left side of Frierson Ave.

(Great to see all the locals and new members on board joining the discussion.)

It's disturbing how brazen these attacks have been if the suspect does indeed live in this neighborhood. Blending into and walking amongst the same community in which your terrorizing. My heart goes out to those trying to sustain a normal life while this is going on. I am so curious as to how he is able to move around almost unseen until striking his victims. I mean other than the videos and what sounds like a rather vague and common description by a witness, there seems to little to nothing LE has to go off of. Which assumingly is why they continue to plead with the public for names, stolen guns, or something that can be corroborate, in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What blindtheskies said but yes, probably so perp wouldn't know what area to avoid in the future or maybe the business requested anonymity. The guy doesn't seem to worried about getting caught on video though, if he knows the area he knows where the cameras are I would think.

He has no doubt seen all the coverage showing him strut in the cctv images, he has not apparently changed anything since the original releases of video.
Seems like honey badger just don't give a s***.
Why would that be? Is he stark raving mad, does he like the idea of every tall, thin black male getting stopped or looked at with suspicion,does he secretly or not so secretly, want to be caught?
Could he be wearing makeup or a mask, does his non-killing appearance/persona look quite different from his shooter look?
imo, speculation.

More than likely I think he's cocky and teasing the police and gets off on how scared everyone is of him. He wants to be seen to a certain point for sure.

It's disturbing how brazen these attacks have been if the suspect does indeed live in this neighborhood. Blending into and walking amongst the same community in which your terrorizing. My heart goes out to those trying to sustain a normal life while this is going on. I am so curious as to how he is able to move around almost unseen until striking his victims. I mean other than the videos and what sounds like a rather vague and common description by a witness, there seems to little to nothing LE has to go off of. Which assumingly is why they continue to plead with the public for names, stolen guns, or something that can be corroborate, in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If he's so local and lives in the neighborhood, wouldn't someone recognize him?

I still don't see how dogs could miss him if he's right there?

Again,I think he might have a vehicle parked close. And chooses this neighborhood for some reason.

I'm afraid he might choose another neighborhood now.

Or simply go quiet. Like the NOCO shooter(s).

and dc snipers

That started as a DV situation that went cross country.
I wonder if the Colorado shootings have subsided recently? I haven't been following that case.

In my experience, this area does seem to have people walking around, riding bikes, sitting on porches. I believe the suspect has been a member of this community for a while, something changed in him, and he has taken advantage of that freedom to roam the area unsuspectingly to take advantage of the victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste