FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday is upon us in about 50 minutes.

Tuesday appears to be a kill day for this perp.

Since he changed his MO from night to early morning, it could be anytime.

Let everyone in the area be safe and don't go out alone!

Hoping LE has a special plan that they have not announced, from dusk to dawn,
On this Tuesday.

I don't know that he purposefully changed his MO from late night to early morning. It's entirely possible between people not going out alone when it's dark, increased police presence, and increased neighborhood awareness, the last murder may have been his best opportunity rather than a change in MO.

I don't know that he purposefully changed his MO from late night to early morning. It's entirely possible between people not going out alone when it's dark, increased police presence, and increased neighborhood awareness, the last murder may have been his best opportunity rather than a change in MO.

Exactly. His options are dwindling in Seminole Heights.

I don't see how he was even able to pull off the last one, honestly. There are police on every corner and anyone deemed reasonably suspicious would be Terry stopped. Even if you don't match the description, the police are going to stop and inform you of the danger. Same thing with suspicious vehicles - they are running license plates and will pull you for any minor reason, if nothing else, just to see who you are.

It certainly seems that the killer likely lives in Seminole Heights, but find it interesting that some tips came far away from Florida, as per my post upthread, some tips even came from New York, New Hampshire and Michigan.
Could the perp possibly have originated from, or regulariy visited those places? imo, speculation.
http://wfla.com/2017/11/20/largest-...ffered-to-help-catch-seminole-heights-killer/
Largest reward in Tampa police history offered to help catch Seminole Heights killer

Chief Brian Dugan describes this holiday week as “intense.”

In fact, he told News Channel 8 he’s worried there will be a fifth victim.

“There’s no doubt. I think about it all the time. I have the four families constantly on my mind. The anxiety of, is there going to be a fifth? It’ll keep you awake at night,” he said.

“We are everywhere out there. There’s a good probability that we’ve talked to this person,” said Chief Dugan.

The anxiety is constant.
Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn told us, “I think this person lives in the Seminole Heights area. So, the likelihood of us having been in contact with him is pretty good. But he clearly knows the alleys, the nooks and crannies. He will make a mistake at one point.”

Interesting to go back to the very first reactions posted here about the first video of this killer. Posters used words such as "creepy", "strange", "scary", and "looks like an alien (space alien, I think) " to describe this person. Those are gut reactions, and very valuable, imo. This killer gave off a vibe of being "different" . I do not believe this is some young guy in that neighborhood. It's not a large community, and by now I think several people would have figured out who this is, if that was the case. And $110,000 is a lot of cash.
I think he might be surrounded by people who are not going to turn him in. For their own reasons. jmo.

http://wfla.com/2017/11/20/largest-reward-in-tampa-police-history-offered-to-help-catch-seminole-heights-killer/

Very interesting. Note that both Mayor Buckhorn and Chief Dugan believe he lives in the neighborhood and that police have already spoken with him. Buckhorn states that "he clearly knows the alleys, the nooks and crannies."

Gotta feel like the authorities are really clamping down on him now. If you're a person even remotely matching the description of the perp in that community, you'd have to be pretty foolish to do anything out of line right now because it seems like they'd have eyes on you.

What are the chances that the perp has someone helping cover for him? A girlfriend, relative, etc....they answer the door, fail to mention that the perp is staying with them...that concerns me. For some reason, Chief Dugan's comment after, I believe, the 3rd murder with regards to "two brothers living together" - when he was warning the community not to get hung up on the classic serial killer image - has alway stuck with me. I hope neighbors in that case would be forthcoming with authorities and tell if they've seen multiple people appearing to live at homes reported as single-dwelling.

Cannot recall if this unsolved murder was posted yet or not, interesting that the teen victim was shot 5 times.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/homepage-showcase/tampa-police-investigate-shooting
Jun 19, 2017
TAMPA, Fla. - Tampa Police detectives investigated a shooting Friday near the intersection of N. 36th Street and E Shadowlawn Avenue.

According to a witness, Michael Johnson, he saw a man on a bicycle shoot another man on a bicycle. He said he heard a total of 5 gunshots.

Tampa Police said the victim, 18-year-old Antwan Tremaine Jenrette Jr., was transported to Tampa General Hospital. He did not survive his injuries.

Authorities are following leads and are asking for help. If you have any information, contact the police department at (813) 231-6130 or Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay.
rbbm

...I do not believe this is some young guy in that neighborhood. It's not a large community, and by now I think several people would have figured out who this is, if that was the case. And $110,000 is a lot of cash.
I think he might be surrounded by people who are not going to turn him in. For their own reasons. jmo.

I would like to think someone would have immediately recognized him, too, but the reality is that SH isn't entirely what the media has been portraying. There are areas of gentrification, but there are still a lot of rough areas, also, with people living life on the fringe, if you will. For example, I think it's far from a given that neighbors would even be able to reliably tell authorities how many people lived at the house next door - it's just not as close knit as some may think given the feel-good stories about "rallying together," etc. I don't mean to disparage the community, but am just trying to add context for our friends analyzing the case from afar who maybe haven't visited before.

I think the point about the reward is a good one. Makes you think he's being sheltered by loved ones for whom the money isn't going to entice.

The tips could be coming from online sleuthers as well. May be one reason he said it doesn't need profiles, etc, just wants the perp's name.

I wonder if these killings could be retaliation killings ? Is there anything untoward or contentious that has recently happened in that area ? jmo

This is crazy. How can this guy evade police so well and confidently, especially given the 4th killing?
I wonder if they have decoys out there at night...terribly dangerous though. Paired decoys...one visible and alone on the street, the other more covert. I dunno.
Do we know where the victims were shot on their bodies?
I can't believe this killer hasn't been apprehended by now.

I would like to think someone would have immediately recognized him, too, but the reality is that SH isn't entirely what the media has been portraying. There are areas of gentrification, but there are still a lot of rough areas, also, with people living life on the fringe, if you will. For example, I think it's far from a given that neighbors would even be able to reliably tell authorities how many people lived at the house next door - it's just not as close knit as some may think given the feel-good stories about "rallying together," etc. I don't mean to disparage the community, but am just trying to add context for our friends analyzing the case from afar who maybe haven't visited before.

I think the point about the reward is a good one. Makes you think he's being sheltered by loved ones for whom the money isn't going to entice.

But the neighbors would likely have a strong suspicion. And the reward $$ might appeal ? jmo I do not think he lives a
"regular life " in that area. He might be squatting in a vacant house, or moving around from abandoned house to abandoned house. I don't think he's the only one who knows what he's done. jmo

Cannot recall if this unsolved murder was posted yet or not, interesting that the teen victim was shot 5 times.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/homepage-showcase/tampa-police-investigate-shooting
Jun 19, 2017

rbbm

Interesting.

I hate to say it, but there's just so much violence in this area of Tampa. Even back when I was a student at USF, living roughly 5 miles from these latest killings, there was a guy gunned down who was walking to visit his girlfriend at our apartment complex. I think in that case it wound up being some kids who decided to go out and rob someone, but it happens all the time, unfortunately.

That's what's disturbing about this latest perp: he seems to have channeled the overall culture of gun violence in the area into his own little game for thrills.

Tuesday is upon us in about 50 minutes.

Tuesday appears to be a kill day for this perp.

Since he changed his MO from night to early morning, it could be anytime.

Let everyone in the area be safe and don't go out alone!

Hoping LE has a special plan that they have not announced, from dusk to dawn,
On this Tuesday.

How many of these killings were on Tuesday ? TIA Is that his day off ? Or does the day of Tuesday itself have some kind of special meaning ? jmo

Interesting to go back to the very first reactions posted here about the first video of this killer. Posters used words such as "creepy", "strange", "scary", and "looks like an alien (space alien, I think) " to describe this person. Those are gut reactions, and very valuable, imo. This killer gave off a vibe of being "different" . I do not believe this is some young guy in that neighborhood. It's not a large community, and by now I think several people would have figured out who this is, if that was the case. And $110,000 is a lot of cash.
Excellent points about first reactions to the cctv video.
One of these is not like the other!
http://theawesomedaily.com/41-one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other-pictures/
attachment.php

Attachments

• one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other-29.gif
    one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-other-29.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 203
How many of these killings were on Tuesday ? TIA Is that his day off ? Or does the day of Tuesday itself have some kind of special meaning ? jmo
Snippets from my notes:
Tues 24 Jan 2017 approx. 11:00 - D.Lampkins killed. [11] (unrelated per LE)
Mon 09 Oct 2017 approx. 21:00 - Benjamin Mitchell killed. [7]
Weds 11 Oct 2017 approx. 21:00 - Monica Hoffa believed to have been killed. [7]
Thurs 19 Oct 2017 approx. 20:00 - Anthony Naiboa killed. [6]
Sun 5 Nov 2017 shortly after 2:00 - L.Iciano-Perez shot. [20] (unrelated per LE)
Tues 14 Nov 2017 around 5:00 - Ronald Felton shot. [21]

Sources:
[6] Source6
[7] Source7
[11] Source11
[20] Source20
[21] Source21

ETA: I don't see any particular trend related to Tuesdays.

Visitation with a young child? Or, he was used to visiting one of his own parents on the weekends and continues to do so? Or he has only a weekend job; maybe a student? Or there are children or a child he watches on the weekend while someone else works? Or someone he lives with is more aware of his comings and goings on weekends? Or he is military reserves and does weekend training service? Or he has sports on weekends? Church obligations on weekends; is there a religion that has services or activities all weekend?

Just trying to brainstorm. Please add to the list.

Adding this to my own list as I read backward:

Quote Originally Posted by Tpa27 View Post
Also, since there are usually more people out on the weekends, the suspect may avoid those times due to the higher likelihood of witnesses.

Quote originally posted by neotec:

Maybe he's afraid the family he lives with will notice since they might be home from work and staying up later at night?

or with a gf, or grandparents, or some other obligation.

Very interesting. Note that both Mayor Buckhorn and Chief Dugan believe he lives in the neighborhood and that police have already spoken with him. Buckhorn states that "he clearly knows the alleys, the nooks and crannies."

Gotta feel like the authorities are really clamping down on him now. If you're a person even remotely matching the description of the perp in that community, you'd have to be pretty foolish to do anything out of line right now because it seems like they'd have eyes on you.

What are the chances that the perp has someone helping cover for him? A girlfriend, relative, etc....they answer the door, fail to mention that the perp is staying with them...that concerns me. For some reason, Chief Dugan's comment after, I believe, the 3rd murder with regards to "two brothers living together" - when he was warning the community not to get hung up on the classic serial killer image - has alway stuck with me. I hope neighbors in that case would be forthcoming with authorities and tell if they've seen multiple people appearing to live at homes reported as single-dwelling.

Twins?

coming down from a three-day weekend binge? meth withdrawals? A psychopath that parties on the weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties