FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an alley located in the heart of the neighborhood. I think this is sadly not the only alley like this in SH which provides lots of cover for criminals.

attachment.php

Attachments

• doc1.jpg
    doc1.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 358
Newbies

Be careful this place can be addictive!!

Here is an alley located in the heart of the neighborhood. I think this is sadly not the only alley like this in SH which provides lots of cover for criminals.

attachment.php

There are so many things about this that just remind me of scary movies ...........

Posted about 30 minutes ago.

Gov. Rick Scott in Seminole Heights to thank patrolling first responders

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...cles/bn9/2017/11/21/gov_rick_scott_in_se.html

In a packed parking lot at the Seminole Heights Baptist Church in Tampa, the governor got to shake the hands of first responders from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, Tampa Police and The Florida Highway Patrol. He also met with Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn and Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan.

“The big thing is that I want to thank all these individuals of law enforcement for what they’re doing,” Governor Scott said.

(snip)

This visit comes on the heels of the governor sending in 20 additional FHP troopers to patrol Seminole Heights.

Local here. The neighborhood is definitely the "haves" and the "have nots" living side by side. This is the last part of SH to be gentrified, and still quite rough. I wouldn't have walked around there by myself at night even before this was going on.

On a related note, there is someone posting in this FB group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/SeminoleHeightsKillerTheories/) who has been interviewed by police several times, says he is being followed, gave them his phone data, etc. I believe he is considered a suspect at this point by LE. It caused a big stir in this FB group when someone threw his name out as a suspect. Many came to his defense/he's a well known and well liked member of the community.

A few reasons he is probably under investigation (these are all details he has given in the group):
- He lives about a block from the first murder.
- He is a Lyft driver and is out in the neighborhood at all hours of the night. Knows the area very well.
- Here's the real kicker: he drives an ex-cop car, wanted to be a cop but couldn't pass background check. Maybe I watch too many crime shows but I know sometimes this is characteristic of criminals.
- Lastly, he has very much inserted himself into the investigation. He is openly posting his theories about who he thinks the killer is. Quite a few people are wondering why he is drawing so much attention to himself when he is being accused of the crime.

The thing is, he does not match perp description (not as tall/thin/light skinned as eyewitness description and videos). But I think at the very least he knows something which is why police won't leave him alone.
Hmmmm interesting dates, first post vs first murder victim, imo

'Bring his head to me!’ Mayor’s quote on Seminole Heights killer is now t-shirt

http://wfla.com/2017/11/21/bring-hi...te-on-seminole-heights-killer-is-now-t-shirt/

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn’s order to first responders regarding the Seminole Heights murders is being memorialized in a t-shirt, all to benefit families of the recent killings.

“Bring his head to me!” Buckhorn said during a Oct. 25 roll call, after Anthony Naiboa, 20, was killed Oct. 19.

He is east. After the 4th murder, the perimeter they set up almost immediately ended at 15th st and he lives just East of that street. They were stopping anyone coming in or out of that area, but someone living outside of it could get around without being questioned. If he got back to his house immediately after the shooting, he could have avoided encountering LE.

Thanks for the local info -- it's so helpful to have local sleuthers when sleuthing a situation.

LE’s strong interest in him makes me think the description of the perp is not 100% confirmed and/or they think there is an accomplice. Perhaps they are suspicious he is helping someone escape or hide.

FWIW there are A LOT of young black men in this neighborhood that look and dress like the guy seen in Google maps. Without being able to see how that person moves, that could be one of dozens or even hundreds of young men in the area.
Ya. The Google Maps would be a long shot, thank you for putting that perspective on it. I really buy into your accomplice theory actually now that I think of it. Either in the sense of a quick get away, or maybe even more valuable to him, as a look out. Someone to survey the area / predetermined escape route. It could very well be why the suspect is seen checking the cell phone in the one video. Maybe he is communicating with an accomplice, and what better than an Uber/Lyft driver. They have an excuse to be out driving around at all hours. They have their own Apps where you can see where the driver would be located. They may communicate via app and convo/text on the app. And I may be off base with this, but to me there does seem to be a general running theme regarding Uber and Lyft with this. I believe Monica was waiting or had just caught an Uber before she was shot. I have seen mention of the ride services on the news and heard a lot or chatter on the message boards. The Lyft driver may even be trolling the boards to get a sense of what people/ LE are thinking. Did someone say this is one of the last neighborhoods in the area going through gentrifying?Could that be enough for 2 or more individuals from a lower class coming together out of spite, feeling like they are being pushed out? I think you may be on to something with the accomplice, at least I am convinced there is a strong possibility....IMO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

:welcome6: to Websleuths, tampasleuther and moonlessnight!!

We're glad you've joined us!!
:cheer::skip::cheer:

There are not many rain jackets for men that are mid-thigh in length. I don't believe it's a very common length with men 20-30 years old. Is this his disguise? Does he pull out this cover-up and then hide it away? I found this one on a hip-hop clothing site.View attachment 126754

Some random thoughts on the motive and mind of the Tampa Serial Killer. He doesn’t kill for sex. He doesn’t have a preference for victims, so it isn’t racial or biased against any sort of group of people. He doesn’t have a need to inflict torture and pain to the victims. He sees what appears to be a random person, and guns them down in a blitz attack. He doesn’t take any trophies, and he doesn’t stick around to “enjoy” the kill – he literally sprints, or runs away. He approaches the kill in a cocky, calm, and “I am on a mission” manner. The killing almost seems impersonal and remote because he doesn’t have to touch the victims. So what does this kind of behavior mean? Maybe he is fulfilling an internal fantasy about being a “warrior” or “badazz” of some kind?? Maybe he is doing what he thinks a group of people he wants to be a part of would respect him for??? Maybe he is trying to establish a reputation and become famous in a manner that he cannot in his current world??? Just trying to get inside his head…..

Ya. The Google Maps would be a long shot, thank you for putting that perspective on it. I really buy into your accomplice theory actually now that I think of it. Either in the sense of a quick get away, or maybe even more valuable to him, as a look out. Someone to survey the area / predetermined escape route. It could very well be why the suspect is seen checking the cell phone in the one video. Maybe he is communicating with an accomplice, and what better than an Uber/Lyft driver. They have an excuse to be out driving around at all hours. They have their own Apps where you can see where the driver would be located. They may communicate via app and convo/text on the app. And I may be off base with this, but to me there does seem to be a general running theme regarding Uber and Lyft with this. I believe Monica was waiting or had just caught an Uber before she was shot. I have seen mention of the ride services on the news and heard a lot or chatter on the message boards. The Lyft driver may even be trolling the boards to get a sense of what people/ LE are thinking. Did someone say this is one of the last neighborhoods in the area going through gentrifying?Could that be enough for 2 or more individuals from a lower class coming together out of spite, feeling like they are being pushed out? I think you may be on to something with the accomplice, at least I am convinced there is a strong possibility....IMO.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What would an accomplice gain ?

like I get it in a bank robbery or something

When the early cctv showed the person wearing a rain type coat, i assumed that was part of his murder " uniform ", a look that somehow made the suspect look that much creepier and other worldly.
On a practical level, it also looked like it was something to thrown on over other clothes and maybe easier to clean " afterward ".
Did they think about what outfit to wear ie. changing to a hoodie for the later murders, were they thoughtlessly just wearing everyday clothing, or does vanity play a role in what is worn to murder?
speculation, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member