FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I think I read an article from a local news outlet who had interviewed this guy because he refuses to stop offering Lyft services even though LE repeatedly stops and searches him. He said a cop asked him one night if he had noticed the 20+ officers that had been trailing him all night. The officer explained why they needed to stop anyone who was seen driving around the neighborhood alone all night. (I think LE also implied that he should cut back on his Lyft service until they catch this guy—or at least in that neighborhood—but the guy said he needed the extra money to pay his bills.) I wouldn’t think very many people in that neighborhood would be using a service like Lyft, especially late at night, with a killer on the loose. At least, I know I wouldn’t be. I would revert back to using a standard taxi service before using a service like Lyft or Uber, if anything. So, how much extra income can he really be making right now? If the cops keep seeing him driving around alone, he’s clearly not picking up a lot of riders anyway.

Possibly would be more inclined to use Lyft to travel back and forth rather than bus service right now.
People still need to go to work, school, buy groceries.
If the neighbors trust him they'd still use his service.

Perhaps he’s watching the cops as much as they’re watching him. Could figure out how they are positioned, which streets have the highest presence, shift changes, etc. by cruising the neighborhood all night. He wouldn’t need to go far to get out of the neighborhood and likely get more business.

In the FB group he uses words like he’s “patrolling” the neighborhood, I noticed someone called him an honorary cop on his own profile. The self-appointed, wannabe cop thing gives me pause...right down to the police car he drives. Not to mention it would have been a smart way to get around undetected before they zeroed in on him.

On the other hand, when I watch him in that news story, he comes across as so “normal” and just a nice dude. So maybe he really is an upstanding citizen just looking out for his hood. But I’ve also seen some speculation that whoever is involved is someone the community would never suspect.

He however doesn't fit the description.

That would be unreliable getaway car. But, who knows!

(O/T, Do NOT get me started on Uber lol..just in on Monday:

Uber's parent company faces $8.9M fine in Colo. over questionable, or incomplete, background checks
Drivers had prior felony, major traffic violations
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-questionable-or-incomplete-background-checks

"The PUC cross-checked driver records with state databases, and found 12 drivers with felony convictions; 17 with major moving violations; three with active interlock devices, and 63 whose driver’s licenses had “issues,” according to the PUC.

One of the people driving for Uber in Colorado was a habitual felony offender and had at one point in the past escaped from prison, the PUC said."

Uber fined $8.9 million by Colorado for allowing drivers with felony convictions, other driver’s license issues
Competitor Lyft also was investigated but no violations were found
http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/20/uber-colorado-fine/

Colorado hits Uber with $8.9 million fine over shady drivers
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...-9-million-fine-over-shady-drivers/882389001/

*This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE imo how UBER dropped the ball here. This is huuuuuugggeeeee...)

I'm not sure. Did any locals confirm some haven't been touched yet? I haven't gotten the nerves to drive through the neighborhood and see what's going on, even though I live real close. We have the alleys in my neighborhood, too -- residents access them to get to driveways in the back of the house, so while they aren't as creepy and overgrown as these, it doesn't seem to slow down having prostitution and drug activity happen in them.

Here's a news story about it, they don't say which ones they have worked on though: http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/s...-alley-cleanups-in-southeast-seminole-heights

Someone local did say that many of the lots were still overgrown. Pretty sure it was somewhere on this thread or the previous one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you guys get a chance or are interested, you might be interested in the graphic maps released by the NOCO Task Force. They have taken each incident and zoomed in on it with some arrows indicating known and possible directions. I see some similar great work and images here by posters in the thread. Submitting for additional inspiration/ideas. I think it's good to see an established random shootings case Law Enforcement Task Force's media/Internet approach. They are comprised of some big time agencies and this is pretty much how they utilized imaging to say what they have to say. (Maybe we will see the same thing with Tampa...Task Force Facebook page?)

Northern Colorado Shooting Task Force (Facebook)
https://m.facebook.com/Northern-Colorado-Shooting-Task-Force-898627956871939/

Someone local did say that many of the lots were still overgrown. Pretty sure it was somewhere on this thread or the previous one.

CARIIS too had mentioned that these need to be cut.

I wouldn't want to depend on a getaway car through Uber or Lyft. But, maybe knows a friend who drives for them.
Calling a car would leave a paper trail.

And if he was a driver himself obviously would be seen in the app at the area...hmmm...maybe he is a driver but doesn't have his app on for tracking, maybe just his light? Idk, just jumping off you guys)

Thrill Kills. Some people like to kill. Thrill Seekers. Psychopaths. It's hard for us to understand because we aren't psychopaths. Or both are Injustice Collector's feel the world owes them or are angry at the world.
If the shooter is filled with rage it doesn't show in his gait.

Did any of you guys watch "Dahmer on Dahmer" the other night? :( Anyway, what really stood out to me was JD's own personal words, over and over again, how he just could not stop the urge to kill...over and over...he said if he wasn't incarcerated he would have just kept on doing it...(totally different types of killings here of course), but speaking strictly from a "compulsion" standpoint, we see/hear this over and over.

Eta:man, and what a calm guy on the surface ughhhh

Did any of you guys watch "Dahmer on Dahmer" the other night? :( Anyway, what really stood out to me was JD's own personal words, over and over again, how he just could not stop the urge to kill...over and over...he said if he wasn't incarcerated he would have just kept on doing it...(totally different types of killings here of course), but speaking strictly from a "compulsion" standpoint, we see/hear this over and over.

Eta:man, and what a calm guy on the surface ughhhh

and exactly why I wish he could have sought help asap, when he was young before he started killing animals.
His father said he had similiar visions and impulses but could control it better.
I'd LOVE to see breakthrough therapy, treatment to help people before it's too late.

He also brings attention to himself on the 2 facebook threads going on. Everytime people stop commenting about him. he brings more attention to himself by posting again.

I also found it weird that he posted "proof" that didn't really clear him. Did anyone else see that or am I crazy?

As far as serial killers go, the SHS so far stands alone. If the victim is shot from behind, the killer presumably does not see the face of fear.
In this case, the " ideal victim " could be male, female, black, white- but so far the only criteria seems to be that the victim is alone and distracted.
But what if all along he had the opportunity to kill other people who fit the alone/distracted bill, but he did not shoot them because they did not meet some other " specific victim quality "?!
What might those unique to the killer qualities be?
imo, speculation.

https://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-library/serial-killers/serial-killer-victim-selection/
rbbm.
No one knows for sure why a serial killer will choose a certain individual as their victim. When asked why, serial killers often give a wide range of answers regarding the reasons for their murders. The most common belief is that the killer wants to feel complete control over another person. They thrive on the fear their victims display and see the murder as the ultimate form of dominance over a human being.

Many experts agree that serial killers have a vision in mind of their victim. This person would be thought of as their “ideal victim” based on race, gender, physical characteristics, or some other specific quality. It is rarely possible for the killers to find people who meet these exact qualifications, so they generally seek out people with similar traits. This is why serial killings often seem to be completely random at first – each victim may have something in common that only the killer easily recognizes.

As far as serial killers go, the SHS so far stands alone. If the victim is shot from behind, the killer presumably does not see the face of fear.
In this case, the " ideal victim " could be male, female, black, white- but so far the only criteria seems to be that the victim is alone and distracted.
But what if all along he had the opportunity to kill other people who fit the alone/distracted bill, but he did not shoot them because they did not meet some other " specific victim quality "?!
What might those unique to the killer qualities be?
imo, speculation.

https://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-library/serial-killers/serial-killer-victim-selection/
rbbm.

They were all people who did not own cars, all people who worked jobs. This killer holds the people of the community in contempt. jmo I think he might have come to the community somewhat recently. Afaik he has never attempted to break in to a house to find a victim. In fact he seems to have no interest in the usual type of activity i.e. tormenting his victims before and after he shoots them. He just wants to get rid of them, which makes me feel strongly that this is a retaliation type of spree. jmo

He also brings attention to himself on the 2 facebook threads going on. Everytime people stop commenting about him. he brings more attention to himself by posting again.

I also found it weird that he posted "proof" that didn't really clear him. Did anyone else see that or am I crazy?

(I don't really do Facebook but this requires a look via my "sleuthing account"...is there a legal link that can be posted, if not cough, cough, hint hint, tia.)

Comparing the crimes, shot in the back, less up close and personal than someone say stabbing, beating, strangling a victim face to face, so can we possibly assume seeing the victims faces as they die isn't necessarily part of his thrill? Or is this a stretch in your opinions?

Eta so, what's the thrill? The noise, seeing them fall...just killing them.
Eta: In the TX church shootings, I came across a study about "is there a link between violence and video games" and "noise" was mentioned in the results as part of an on hands study...

Point is just to kill. Power...

Hmmm...just had a thought...Tricia had a radio guest on a while back that specializes in shooters so to speak...school shooters, etc...wrote a book(s), Steven someone maybe...anyway, I wonder what his thoughts are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back