FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in no way a profiler but it doesn't seem to me that this guy has any gang affiliation. His walk isn't cocky enough, no "swagger" if you will. He is calm, cool, and collected. Knows what he wants to do and as far as he is concerned nothing is going to stop him from doing it. I don't completely disagree with the military association. Maybe he went through the training but never passed his psych evaluation? Maybe he was discharged from the military (honourably or otherwise) and has an axe to grind against the general population? Or maybe he had something traumatic happen to him right before these killing occurred?
I do not have any military training, so maybe I'm completely off with these theories.
I'm just throwing spaghetti at the wall and hoping something might stick.
if enough of us keep throwing ideas around maybe we will break this thing wide open.

I think he may have a car. Are there good places to park?

I think a motorcycle or a dirt bike are way too loud.

I think he is older than 16 because he is so confident.

Are other areas around Tampa inundated with info? There are plenty of people who have no clue of what is going on around them.

I think if anyone in the neighborhood knew him, they would say. There is no guarantee that they would not be a victim.

He could be living a long ways away. He could have lived in the neighborhood awhie ago.

I would suggest LE ask if he reminds them of a person that lived in the neighborhood and is grown up now. Any kids with issues that they remember?

It seems like this would not be his first goaround with LE. They must have a data base where they can plug in info and get some names that fit. Height and age.

Can they enter a juvenile data base?

Do all serial killers have a prior criminal history?

http://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/post/reward-seminole-heights-killer-100000
Anyone with any information is urged to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873 (TIPS).
The $100,000 figure will be reflected on digital billboards donated by both Clear Channel and Outfront Media Billboards. The billboard locations are as follows:

Clear Channel Billboards

Pinellas #150 - Interstate 275 SS 40ft east of 22nd Street S facing west
Hillsborough #609 - State Road 580 SS .4 mi west of Memorial Highway facing east
Hillsborough #399 - Fowler Ave SS 400ft west of 39th Street facing west
State Road 580, .4 miles west of Memorial Highway Brandon Blvd., .3 miles west of Kings Ave.
Adamo Dr., .4 miles west of Adamo Dr.
Veterans Expressway, 1.8 miles north of Courtney Campbell

Outfront Media Billboards

I-275 .25 mi E/O Westshore Blvd N/S F/E
I-275 .50 mi S/O Busch Blvd E/S F/S
I-4 .40 mi W/O 40Th St Exit N/S F/E
Bearss Av & Nebraska Av S/S F/W
I-4 850 ft E/O MLK Blvd S/S F/SW
I-275 700 ft S/O Waters Ave W/S F/N
Fowler Ave 1400 ft E/O Nebraska Ave S/S F/W
I-275 750 ft E/O Dale Mabry Hwy S/S F/W
Dale Mabry Hwy .50 mi N/O Hillsborough Ave WS
F/N Dale Mabry Hwy .50 mi N/O Hillsborough Ave WS F/S Dale Mabry Hwy .5 mi N/O Busch Blvd W/S F/N Dale Mabry Hwy .5 mi N/O Busch Blvd W/S F/S

Because its close range (i read he pressed gun against the back of the victims head in the last case) and the fact that he continues to shoot after they are down are the parts that tell us how angry he is.

The horrific nature and maybe the gore is part of the thrill for him. Possibly doing it in front of soemone this last time added to his thrill??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

This is what concerns me. I worry that he will escalate things, or up the ante so to speak, each time he gets away without being caught. Like others have already mentioned, this type of killer usually works his way up to committing a murder. Then, he starts to push the envelope a bit by taking things a step further with each kill. The risk factors will continue to increase. He won't be able to achieve the thrill he's after otherwise. He's kind of like a drug addict, except his drug of choice is the thrill he feels when he takes a person's life and gets away with it. The more he indulges, the more he needs next time. This will eventually cause him to make careless mistakes, but I hope LE finds him before that can happen.

As Ted Bundy once said,
"You learn what you need to kill and take care of the details. It's like changing a tire. The first time you're careful. By the thirtieth time, you can't remember where you left the lug wrench."

I bet he loves the attention.

I think he does too, but I don't think he's motivated by terrorizing the community (even though he is indeed terrorizing the community). I think it's way more personal than that. And by personal, I mean it's all about HIM. He has a sick desire to kill so he kills. I honestly don't think it's more complicated than that.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change as we learn more.

I am in no way a profiler but it doesn't seem to me that this guy has any gang affiliation. His walk isn't cocky enough, no "swagger" if you will. He is calm, cool, and collected. Knows what he wants to do and as far as he is concerned nothing is going to stop him from doing it. I don't completely disagree with the military association. Maybe he went through the training but never passed his psych evaluation? Maybe he was discharged from the military (honourably or otherwise) and has an axe to grind against the general population? Or maybe he had something traumatic happen to him right before these killing occurred?
I do not have any military training, so maybe I'm completely off with these theories.
if enough of us keep throwing ideas around maybe we will break this thing wide open.

The bolded sentence is usually correct in these instances.

This link includes an interactive map.
http://www.baynews9.com/content/new.../2017/11/17/officers_residents_u.html?cid=rss
The situation is hitting home for officers like Lt. Kim Plourde-Torres, who has been patrolling the streets of her hometown for 25 years.

"When it starts getting dark or when we come in early in the morning and it's still dark, then it's like, OK, you know, now you're kind of fidgety and just kind of get that tightness of the chest and just kind of a little more anxious because you never know," she said.

"We want this to be over with."

Authorities haven't named a suspect but have released surveillance video including a new clip this week. Despite the frustration of officers, the victims' families and the community, everyone is pitching in to help.

"They have a new operations plan that they just put together," Plourde-Torres said. "We actually have assistance from Florida Highway Patrol, which has been wonderful. They actually started with us (Friday) morning."

Residents are scared but also patient, she said.
"Some of the folks that live in the neighborhoods, bless their hearts," she said. "They've been actually stopped five, six, seven, eight times because they may be out on a bicycle by themselves or walking by themselves, and pretty much we're stopping everything that moves."

Meanwhile, Tampa's former police chief who lives near Seminole Heights said the place has become a community in terror.

"I've never seen the likes of what's going on here now in Seminole Heights," said Jane Castor. "This type of incident is kind of rare."

The manhunt has been stressful for neighbors and, according to Cantor, just as stressful for officers – physically and psychologically. She said the officers are under intense pressure to find the gunman.

"If I was pressed to pick the most significant element of it would be trying to get the individual before there's another killing because that’s the last thing you want," Cantor said

I think he may have a car. Are there good places to park?

I think a motorcycle or a dirt bike are way too loud.

I think he is older than 16 because he is so confident.

Are other areas around Tampa inundated with info? There are plenty of people who have no clue of what is going on around them.

I think if anyone in the neighborhood knew him, they would say. There is no guarantee that they would not be a victim.

He could be living a long ways away. He could have lived in the neighborhood awhie ago.

I would suggest LE ask if he reminds them of a person that lived in the neighborhood and is grown up now. Any kids with issues that they remember?

It seems like this would not be his first goaround with LE. They must have a data base where they can plug in info and get some names that fit. Height and age.

Can they enter a juvenile data base?

Do all serial killers have a prior criminal history?

All the local channels within 50 miles are all over this story,especially since the 4th murder. Also not all serial killers have priors and most fit into society very easily and when their friends and loved ones find out, they are usually shocked.

Maybe he shoots them so many times because he wants to make certain that they die. Possibly they can identify him as a person in the neighborhood or he thinks that they can.

Rbbm.
Not that we presently know of, perish the thought - but what if this freak has people he usually lives with, who might no longer be living and not yet discovered?
Complete speculation, imo.

Grisly thought Dotr. If that was the case, you would think the perp had to answer the door when LE showed up, right? I hope LE is going back to those houses that no one answers after several visits.

This is what concerns me. I worry that he will escalate things, or up the ante so to speak, each time he gets away without being caught. Like others have already mentioned, this type of killer usually works his way up to committing a murder. Then, he starts to push the envelope a bit by taking things a step further with each kill. The risk factors will continue to increase. He won't be able to achieve the thrill he's after otherwise. He's kind of like a drug addict, except his drug of choice is the thrill he feels when he takes a person's life and gets away with it. The more he indulges, the more he needs next time. This will eventually cause him to make careless mistakes, but I hope LE finds him before that can happen.

As Ted Bundy once said,
"You learn what you need to kill and take care of the details. It's like changing a tire. The first time you're careful. By the thirtieth time, you can't remember where you left the lug wrench."

Great post and totally on target

Grisly thought Dotr. If that was the case, you would think the perp had to answer the door when LE showed up, right? I hope LE is going back to those houses that no one answers after several visits.
Lol, thanks- sometimes you just have to laugh!

Yes, serial killers are usually loners when it comes to committing their crimes. There have been a few exceptions and those usually involved only 1 other partner or "helper".

Regarding a military background, it seems very possible, IMO. He could have served his hitch in combat and now may have PTSD. It was said by someone (LE?) that he seems to have skills similar to those learned in urban combat. He may have been honorably discharged, then came home to deal with stress, lack of a job, etc. This may be his way of striking back at society that he feels has treated him badly. Injustice collector?

If he lives further away, the place he lives will not be accessed.

It is possible , of course, that no one recognizes him in the neighborhood for some reason, but the reason to me is that he does not live there.

There must be a lot more video cameras out there. I hope there is info on them

If he lives further away, the place he lives will not be accessed.

It is possible , of course, that no one recognizes him in the neighborhood for some reason, but the reason to me is that he does not live there.

There must be a lot more video cameras out there. I hope there is info on them
Its also possible he is upper management or an owner and has keys to a local business. Could even have family that owns a local business and he hides there after he kills. Businesses are turning over footage voluntarily. Its entirely possible he has more control over the situation then we think with regard to evading

Its also possible he is upper management or an owner and has keys to a local business. Could even have family that owns a local business and he hides there after he kills. Businesses are turning over footage voluntarily. Its entirely possible he has more control over the situation then we think with regard to evading

Now thats a good and interesting thought

Now thats a good and interesting thought
LE would totally be missing him if that was the case. They've been focusing on going door to door to residences but have been viewing businesses in the community as their alies this whole time. Yikes

Does anyone ever worry that perps are trolling these forums?

LE would totally be missing him if that was the case. They've been focusing on going door to door to residences but have been viewing businesses in the community as their alies this whole time. Yikes

Someone would know and recognize him if he had a present day relationship with the neighborhood, I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member