FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone ever worry that perps are trolling these forums?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I've thought about that in the past and I am sure it has happened,but I don't think so in this case. This punk is young and probably wouldn't be reading these threads.

Someone would know and recognize him if he had a present day relationship with the neighborhood, I feel.
But maybe not if he is the coddled son of a business owner who helps out on occasion and doesnt really interact with the public

But maybe not if he is the coddled son of a business owner who helps out on occasion and doesnt really interact with the public

I am guessing some people would know of a son who is in the area.

In the Somer Thompson kidnap and murder case a few years ago in Florida, a man realized a guy who had issues lived in the neighborhood where Somer was taken. The man did not live in the neighborhood. He was driving by one day and it hit him that the strange man’s parents lived in that neighborhood. There was no description of anyone in that case.

Here there are videos and location.

There were videos of J. Matthews who killed several girls in VA. I forget how he was discovered. He was considered to have issues by several people who interacted with him.

I do not think everyone would remain silent about a killer like this

I think there's a good chance the perp is googling away and getting quite a thrill from it. I'm pretty sure I came across this forum while googling 'Tampa serial killer' or something like that so I think it's entirely possible he's reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there's a good chance the perp is googling away and getting quite a thrill from it. I'm pretty sure I came across this forum while googling 'Tampa serial killer' or something like that so I think it's entirely possible he's reading.

I agree

It's very possible, in fact it's happened before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If he lives further away, the place he lives will not be accessed.

It is possible , of course, that no one recognizes him in the neighborhood for some reason, but the reason to me is that he does not live there.

There must be a lot more video cameras out there. I hope there is info on them

Maybe his is a drag queen. I am serious -- in daylight goes in drag all the time

that would throw people off

his walk is so identifiable

Maybe his is a drag queen. I am serious -- in daylight goes in drag all the time

Or maybe he is deliberately faking it to throw suspicion off of him. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That idea is on my list. It's not the only thing on my list, but it's there.

jmopinion

Does anyone ever worry that perps are trolling these forums?

All the time. I try really hard to remain cognizant of this by rechecking my posts for any info that might give a suspect the upper hand or anything that might compromise the integrity of the investigation. I also try to leave out any personal opinions that might anger a suspect enough to seek out my identity (for obvious reasons).

For example, there have been times in the past when I've discovered info that I thought might be important to an investigation. Rather than sharing the info with my fellow sleuths (which is what I really, really wanted to do), I've given the info to LE and kept my mouth shut. There have been things I've alluded to in a round about way and others that I've voiced my opinion about... but I never post specific information that I think could be a legitimate lead.

Oh jeez...comment totally taken out of context. Was just saying some people on Facebook make some inappropriate anti-LE comments as related to race, that's all. Just forget I even mentioned it, it came out wrong.

Have a good day guys.

I agree - the notion of a hate crime is more than viable.

Have any of them been a 21 year old white male -- no -- we have gay and AA -- hate crime is viable imo

it was just a notion no different than any of the others we have

jmo

I've been thinking about why, with the increased police presence, guardian angels, etc in the neighborhood, the perp chose to change the time of day of his most recent murder rather than the location.

After messing around google maps in the neighborhood, there are a lot of routes through the streets where it looks easy to remain relatively concealed. I am convinced that he is bound by the main roads in the area because he is doing this entirely on foot and feels too exposed venturing across one after having shot somebody.

Hillsborough to the north, Nebraska to the west, MLK to the south, and probably 22nd to the east. (I suspect he's actually bound by Osborne to the south instead of MLK, but I'm confident that MLK is the outer limit).

I am almost positive he either lives within this area or has access/keys to a house that will be empty at the time of the murders (likely a non-parent relative: an aunt/uncle, older sibling, cousin, etc).

I also strongly suspect, even more so after looking over the neighborhood, that this house is within a couple blocks of the intersection of Olney and New Orleans.

As others have stated, if he does live in the neighborhood it is very weird that he hasn't yet been identified, but I'm still feeling him being very much local to the immediate area.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...c-ward-schedule-11-am-news-conference/2329513

TAMPA — Police Chief Eric Ward unexpectedly announced his retirement Thursday morning, a little more than two years after Mayor Bob Buckhorn named him chief.
Ward's salary is $166,420 annually.

It wasn't an easy decision for me to make," Ward said during a news conference at police headquarters. "I've spent 29 years of my life working for this agency, basically all of my adult career."

Buckhorn named Assistant Chief Brian Dugan as interim chief and plans to open a national search to find Ward's successor. That's relatively unusual at City Hall, where four of the last six police chiefs were promoted from within.

Several City Council members said Ward's retirement caught them by surprise and they were sad to see him go. Frank Reddick said he was "totally stunned" when he got a text from someone at the Police Department that began, "Are you sitting down?"

After graduating from Hillsborough High School in 1984, Ward worked for the Tampa Housing Authority before starting a 29-year career at TPD. He has worked in nearly every part of the agency, including as commander of the bomb squad, the hostage negotiations team and SWAT team.*

The responses (to those community conversations) were starting to be positive," said Reddick, who represents East Tampa. "I thought he was on the right track addressing issues, particularly those important to the African-American community."

He arrived as the agency was under scrutiny following *advertiser censored*Tampa Bay Times*investigation that found that Tampa police issued more bike citations than any other law enforcement agency in Florida, and that eight out of 10 of them went to black cyclists.

TPD also has expanded its commitment to the Police Athletic League, where the young Eric Ward stayed busy playing football. And Ward has raised funds for scholarships and supported the after-school and summer programs of the Resources in Community Hope or RICH House program.

http://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/post/doj-tampa-bike-stops-unfairly-affect-black-residents

Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn and Police Chief Eric Ward said they will continue to work with the U.S. Department of Justice on how to best implement the recommendations.

Buckhorn said he believes the city has been transparent throughout the review process and emphasized that the report did not find police were intentionally ticketing mostly black bicyclists.

“There was no discriminatory practices,” Buckhorn said. “This was not a police tactic that was targeted at anybody of a specific race, it was targeted at criminals.”

When asked at Wednesday’s press conference if the city would apologize for implementing a program that disproportionately affected black residents, Buckhorn said he would never apologize for being tough on crime.

With Lone Wolf attacks, I'm not sure ISIS always takes credit? Idk...

My opinion, is that LE very well might suspect someone with gang ties, even if this hasn't been mentioned.

Again, it very well could be neither of the above, (ISIS etc Lone Wolf or someone with gang ties) and just some violent person. For sure, no denying that.

I think we may be talking about a person that likes to kill

the animals is probably him as well

it fits

we will see if there is a fire .....................

My apologies. I've been super busy and haven't been able to keep up. It seems that there has been a lot of posting on this case in the last week or so. Has there been a recent development? ...again, so sorry that I don't have time to read back. I tried briefly, but I might have missed something. Thanks in advance.

This case is truly bothering me. I wish I had time to keep involved in it.
Stay safe Tampa!

We've got sirens, helicopters and reports of gun shots happening right now.

Something big is going down right now. Check local groups and scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member