Identified! FL - Marion Co., Human torso found in river, Sep'08 - Everett Jackson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What intrigues me here, and it may be nothing--is that the Ocklawaha river is a tributary of the St John's River, which flows north.

After TS Fay there was major concern about the levels of the St. John's due to the flooding further south.

I have not yet read this whole thread, but I am here in Marion county right now. My Dad is not feeling well so I had to come see him. I can tell you when I went to Disney from here it took 45 minutes.
Thanks....I am not familiar with Florida. I live in Philadelphia and been following this sad case for some time.

Did anyone else see this on Channel 9 news tonight?? It was just a quick report, saying that human remains have been found and they were investigating. (more later they said, as always) I've looked all over the net and found nothing. But I heard it and so did my husband. Now no news about it at all. I'm not dreaming this! Okay, the deal is, Marion Co. is Ocala, where Casey stated her Grandparents live. (in the audio tapes) So Casey would know the area. I'm dying for more news but nothing at all...anyone else hear this info???

wow thanks for that! Just got here We can only hope ...:praying:

I have not yet read this whole thread, but I am here in Marion county right now. My Dad is not feeling well so I had to come see him. I can tell you when I went to Disney from here it took 45 minutes.

I hope your dad feels better soon.

Ty for the info! I've never been to Marion County but I am very familiar with Disney since I live in Kissimmee. That brings some perspective of the distance.

What intrigues me here, and it may be nothing--is that the Ocklawaha river is a tributary of the St John's River, which flows north.

After TS Fay there was major concern about the levels of the St. John's due to the flooding further south.

The Ocklawaha also flows north in to the St Johns from the Leesburg chain of lakes. The Sharpes Ferry Bridge is very close to the Silver Springs campground on Hwy 314, a short ways south off of Hwy 40.

And not to mention a fairly easy drive from Mt Dora where CA parents live.

I see two links to articles about remains being found. One in Marion County and one in Boca Raton. Are these the same remains? One in a park and one by the water.

I see two links to articles about remains being found. One in Marion County and one in Boca Raton. Are these the same remains? One in a park and one by the water.

Nope ... 2 different situations, 2 very different locations. Read the thread above, I believe it was discussed.

It sickens me to hear about any child getting hurt, abused, or dying. However with this case, I am really hoping that this could be Caylee. Its gutwrenching to even think this, but she needs to rest in peace finally. I am sure that when she is found that her family will still debate that a certain someone had nothing to do with it. I just hope and pray that the truth will finally come out-SOON. And I will say this-Karma is a you know what. What comes around goes around, and karma will catch up with that certain someone.

couldn't they tell from the size of the bones? I mean, if they were small it would be a child right? Maybe it's an older child or a small adult?

A lot of times when bones are found they are partial instead of a complete skeleton. Sometimes you only get fragments because they have been scattered around a wide area by animals. In these cases a forensic anthropologist would have to determine if they were:

1. Human
2. Approximate age
3. Sex

is that the same story posted as before? Is there new news regarding the remains?

It bugs me that they never get more info on these reports. The remains of a 2 or 3 year old would be alot different in size that an adult. They could certainly find out if they found a child's remains or an adults remains. By now, Caylee's remains would just be bones so I doubt this is her.

FYI... Ocala is in the middle of Marion Co. The county itself is huge and runs all the way down to The Villages which is in Marion, Sumpter, and Lake counties. I wonder where in Marion Co. the remains were found.

The article states "A boater on Sunday discovered human remains near the Sharpes Ferry Bridge on the Ocklawaha River in Marion County."

It bugs me that they never get more info on these reports. The remains of a 2 or 3 year old would be alot different in size that an adult. They could certainly find out if they found a child's remains or an adults remains. By now, Caylee's remains would just be bones so I doubt this is her.

Unless they are bone fragments....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back