FL - Markeis McGlockton shot and killed in front of family, Clearwater, July 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You never said violently in your original post, you said "If that person had touched me, I would have responded with my CCW."
For accuracy -
glamourkitty1922 "said violently in [the] original post". . . Three sentences further down from the sentence you were referencing.
Here I've copied it:
If that person had touched me, I would have responded with my CCW. However, I would not ever have touched them first. That is assault and battery and I am law abiding.
Anyone who hits, shoves, or in any way violently touches me? OF COURSE I WOULD FEEL MY LIFE WAS AT RISK!

Mr Drejka was doing nothing wrong. Some might consider him a pest, but he was simply pointing out to inconsiderate people that they were being inconsiderate.[/QUO
My issue lies with him being judge, jury and executioner . He also seems from the article to pick and choose what he considers inconsiderate.

It seems that if you point out the truth to someone, that gives people the right to violently attack and injure you. That is a sad statement when the truth is considered "dissing" and deserving of injuring an older, weaker person.

Oh, please! Who is being dramatic now? Where does it say you don't have no rights because you're a woman? SMH.
If the strong have the right to attack the weak, then of course I have no rights because I'm a woman. Men are stronger than women. You say I have to submit because I don't have the right to fight back, you just took away my basic rights to survival.

My issue lies with him being judge, jury and executioner . He also seems from the article to pick and choose what he considers inconsiderate.
So, you see nothing wrong with the Ms depriving the handicapped of their civil right to access a building? You think that if you tell someone they're breaking the law, that another person has the right to violently attack you? Is that the world you want?

I can't even with this thread anymore. Anyway...

AR-307269677.jpg

Prominent civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump stood in front of the Pinellas County Justice Center on Thursday to demand justice for the family of Markeis McGlockton.

"We are here to demand justice for the cold-blooded murder of Markeis McGlockton by the self-appointed, wannabe cop Michael Drejka," Crump told reporters, while flanked by McGlockton’s parents and girlfriend Britany Jacobs.
The sheriff’s investigation will soon be sent to the Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney’s Office, which will make the final determination whether to file criminal charges. Prosecutors had not yet received the case this week.
"It’s still ludicrous how you can claim that you have fear of your life but yet you approach and start the confrontation with the individual."

He and Clearwater attorney Michele Rayner, who is also representing the family, questioned how Drejka’s fear could be considered reasonable — a requirement of the law — by pointing to surveillance video that appears to show McGlockton backing away as Drejka takes out his weapon.

Rayner counted to four to show how much time elapsed between the time Drejka hit the ground to the moment he pulled the trigger.

"It took four seconds for Mr. Drejka to make that decision, the conscious decision to murder Markeis McGlockton," Rayner said.
Jacobs, 25, took the microphones at one point to talk about the impact of the shooting on the couple’s children. Their eldest son, a 5-year-old named after McGlockton himself, witnessed his father’s death, and their 3-year-old and 4-month-old kids were in the back seat of her car during the confrontation.

Drejka "came cussing at me, came pointing his finger at me, and now I’m left answering questions for my babies," she said. "And they ask me, ‘Where’s their daddy?’ … We need justice.’"
Attorney calls Markeis McGlockton’s death a ‘cold-blooded murder’ by ‘wannabe cop’
More at link

If the strong have the right to attack the weak, then of course I have no rights because I'm a woman. Men are stronger than women. You say I have to submit because I don't have the right to fight back, you just took away my basic rights to survival.
What?! Who said the strong have the right to attack the weak? You are repeatedly throwing in things nobody said and I‘m beginning to think you are just trolling this thread. I‘m out.

On the topic of Stand your ground law- I find these factual statistics to be relevant to the case as MSM is even reporting so.

“Stand Your Ground” Laws | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

https://www.urban.org/sites/default...iable-Homicide-and-Stand-Your-Ground-Laws.PDF

Stand your ground law, Trayvon Martin and a shocking legacy | Tampa Bay Times

"Several studies have shown that the race of the attacker and victim are highly significant factors in whether an attack is determined to be justified. A study conducted by the Urban Institute concluded that when the attacker is white and the victim is black, the homicide is 281% more likely to be found justified than if the victim is white.5 The same study also demonstrated that when the attacker and victim are both black, the attacker is more likely to be convicted. The Tampa Bay Times also conducted a study and determined that 73% of those who killed a black victim faced no penalty compared to 59% of those who killed a white victim."

It seems that if you point out the truth to someone, that gives people the right to violently attack and injure you. That is a sad statement when the truth is considered "dissing" and deserving of injuring an older, weaker person.
No one should have the right to kill someone out of anger, cowardice, or defective social skills. But here we are.

I think its undeniable that McGlockton perpetrated and unprovoked attack on Mr Drejka. McGlockton is younger and looks to be about twice the size of Drejka. The whole point of the law is so the weak can defend themselves.

In this case I guess there is something to be said about the fact that after Drejka went down, McGlockton held his ground and didn't advance. Did he need to get shot? Likely not. However, given the way the law is written, I don't think that any jury would convict Drejka if he ever was charged.

The family lawyers talk about the four seconds that passed, but as there is no audio in the video. Was McGlockton threatening Drejka during those moments?

Again, I feel the police made the right call given the laws that are in place, as stupid as they might be.

On the topic of Stand your ground law- I find these factual statistics to be relevant to the case as MSM is even reporting so.

“Stand Your Ground” Laws | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

https://www.urban.org/sites/default...iable-Homicide-and-Stand-Your-Ground-Laws.PDF

Stand your ground law, Trayvon Martin and a shocking legacy | Tampa Bay Times

"Several studies have shown that the race of the attacker and victim are highly significant factors in whether an attack is determined to be justified. A study conducted by the Urban Institute concluded that when the attacker is white and the victim is black, the homicide is 281% more likely to be found justified than if the victim is white.5 The same study also demonstrated that when the attacker and victim are both black, the attacker is more likely to be convicted. The Tampa Bay Times also conducted a study and determined that 73% of those who killed a black victim faced no penalty compared to 59% of those who killed a white victim."
Perhaps thats because you have to determine that the victim was afraid for his life. Reverse the roles in this crime as an example, if Derjka had pushed McGlockton, would McGlockton be justified in shooting Derjka? Likely not given the age and size difference between the two men. But i'm just theorizing here, its a stupid law IMO.

No one should have the right to kill someone out of anger, cowardice, or defective social skills. But here we are.
God forbid you find yourself in the same situation. McGlockton hammered a man half his size and about twice his age to the ground without provocation. That is an irrational act. Who's to say he was going to stop there? If Derjka doesn't pull his gun, maybe McGlockton boots him in the head? Yes he backed up, only when he saw the gun though.

The shooter "is the initial aggressor, starts the confrontation and then kills the unarmed black person and claims it’s self-defense.
"It’s still ludicrous how you can claim that you have fear of your life but yet you approach and start the confrontation with the individual."
Thats not what happened. Derjka approached the wife as she was in the car. The first he saw McGlockton was as he was on the way to the pavement.

What?! Who said the strong have the right to attack the weak? You are repeatedly throwing in things nobody said and I‘m beginning to think you are just trolling this thread. I‘m out.
So, when people say that because D spoke to the woman in the car, the man in the store had the right to attack him and D didn't have the right to do anything other than defend himself with his own fighting ability? When you see a larger, younger, stronger man attack an older weaker man and demand the weaker to not defend himself with a gun, you just said the strong have the right to attack the weak.

Perhaps thats because you have to determine that the victim was afraid for his life. Reverse the roles in this crime as an example, if Derjka had pushed McGlockton, would McGlockton be justified in shooting Derjka? Likely not given the age and size difference between the two men. But i'm just theorizing here, its a stupid law IMO.
Andrew, who wouldn't be afraid for their life after that attack from behind?

God forbid you find yourself in the same situation. McGlockton hammered a man half his size and about twice his age to the ground without provocation. That is an irrational act. Who's to say he was going to stop there? If Derjka doesn't pull his gun, maybe McGlockton boots him in the head? Yes he backed up, only when he saw the gun though.

Drejka got out of his car, circled Jacobs car and started to harass her in a very intense manner. IMO that is a very scary things as almost all the recent mass shooters resemble and act like Drejka did.

If you actually look at the video, Markeis takes 2 steps back before the gun was ever pulled. Markeis pushed Drejka away from his family (drejka was screaming and aggressively pointing in a threatening manner) and then immediately stepped back.

When Markeis was shot he was turning to walk away and was hit in the left side. His hips and feet were pointed away from Drejka.
U2hsDva.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member