FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN just showed lines of many people waiting to give blood in the heat.

Like all of you I am extremely upset and devastated at this horrible mass killing.

I ask that we don't make general statements about political parties.

We can discuss this as a hate crime against gays and an act of domestic terrorism.

Thank you,
Tricia

And there are political threads in the parking lot if you need to go that route. Let's just all say a prayer all of those injured survive. :please:

Angry ? We don't get to go shoot 100 people any time we are angry. It must have triggered something a little deeper in him if you kwim. If this was my son, I would not be talking to any press. I'd be too ashamed to show my face.... possibly forever.

Dad trying to do damage control, he knows the truth. Most parents of suspects are devastated and can't even think about how to react unless they know what their kid was all about. Just my opinion.

Yup, just think about it...All this one person had to do was sweep the room, back and forth, up and down...new clip...sweep the room again...He could most likely do all of that twice before anyone even know what was really happening. One of the witnesses said that for a few seconds, he thought the gun fire sound was actually the music.

I believe he was alone until LE says otherwise, which I don't think they will.

I watched that. The young man said they didn't realize it was actual gunshots until about 30 shots in. They thought it was part of the music. They were lucky enough to get out of an exit that was for employee's only. I am sure with over 300 people... loud music... a lot of these victims thought the same thing. How sad.

Yeh and he is American citizen - media jumping to his parents place of birth is pretty premature, IMO.

Now if it is sole motive hate crime, I suppose there might be some sceondary religious stuff as it relates to homsexuality.

And just look at video ealier - it reminded me of Iraq, the amount of bullets flying everywhere was stunning. They looked like they were 50 yards away.There is a chain link fence that surrounds the club. It was closing time.

People leave and linger out front as the bar closes,, outside the building.

I would feel pretty conmfortable in saying there were people outside when the barrage of bullets starting flying through the chain link fence jmo.................

Angry ? We don't get to go shoot 100 people any time we are angry. It must have triggered something a little deeper in him if you kwim. If this was my son, I would not be talking to any press. I'd be too ashamed to show my face.... possibly forever.

I know, right?

My first thought is that the father is trying anything and everything to make people think this wasn't related to ISIS for some reason.

3 hours in there

50 dead - along with wondering when LE did go in with the robot and exchanged fire - maybe he had already killed everyone in there. I haven't heard anything about once LE went in how many hostages they got out. LE has capabilities of getting ears and eyes into a building and maybe they already knew he had killed everyone.

JMHO

Florida nightclub shooter, a licensed security officer, apparently made threats in the past

It was unclear whether Mateen was on the FBI's radar before the attack. However, when asked about possible connections to radical Islamic terrorism, assistant FBI Agent in Charge Ronald Hopper told Fox News, "We do have suggestions that that individual may have gleanings toward that particular ideology. But right now we can't say definitively."

Hopper also said Mateen made "threats in the past that he has ties to terrorist organizations."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/1...reats-in-past-reports-claim.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Why would he say that, but then say... "we aren't sure."

I arrived back in the US this morning after a trip abroad--to be greeted by this news.

At breakfast it was 20 dead, by the time I got to the airport for my final fight home it was 50.

My heart is broken.

I just got back a week ago and I feel more safe in Brussels or Paris than in my own country.

Soooo, Christina Grimmie gets shot from some guy that drove from somewhere to kill her on Friday then on Saturday night/Sunday morning another dude drives from somewhere to shoot up a gay bar??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes you wonder if there's a connection or the shooting triggered Omar to carry out his plan sooner?

All the parents and friends worried about heir loved ones, just saw a mother's anquish.........heart breaking!
club was a couple hundred but not packed...........great lay out newly remodeled club

Assassin drove 2 hours to slaughter people.

3 hours in there

50 dead - along with wondering when LE did go in with the robot and exchanged fire - maybe he had already killed everyone in there. I haven't heard anything about once LE went in how many hostages they got out. LE has capabilities of getting ears and eyes into a building and maybe they already knew he had killed everyone.

JMHO

No, they rescued 30 people after going in.

And there are political threads in the parking lot if you need to go that route. Let's just all say a prayer all of those injured survive. :please:

I thought that the political threads were closed.

It's so hard to hear how they ran out of ambulances and had to start loading victims up into pick-up trucks. That puts things into perspective.

They just said on CNN that the killer had "pledged allegiance to ISIS"...I missed where they got it from.

CNN is reporting that he may have pledged allegiance to ISIS. They are asking people that knew him in Port St. Lucie to contact them with any information.

I don't know what to think at this point. Patience, Surfie, patience.

Thank you Renee - I had not heard that.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members