FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is angry. And hurting. It's times like these that bring out the worst knee jerk reactions in us. We just want to lash out and blame everyone and everything. Because is we can place a blame it takes the fear out. Truth is this world has monsters. Of every race, creed, political connection and every religion. Today it's Omar and his evils. Tomorrow it will be someone else's devil. You have to stop it across the board. And we can't. Sad world.

This ^ :tyou:

Disney World has way more armed security than a random nightclub. No one would get very far attacking Disney World before they would be taken out by a small army of well armed security officers. But a nightclub, gay or straight, has a lot of drunk people, crowded into small spaces, easily cornered into dark nooks and alcoves and bathrooms.
Excellent points Katy. I researched terrorism 30 years ago and did my thesis paper on the topic. I'm sure Disney has heeded those warnings well. I have a cousin who was a character actor there for years and she assured me that security is amazing there. Good to know. Still reeling from this news.

Trust me I am not in a humerous mood- my mothers lover of 40 years died today stomach cancer, ( some of you are aware of what has been going on here on that )

I am gay, I live here , bit afraid of when the names are released ( I am telling myself , Pulse catered to young - I am not young- so it wont be anyone I know. The only one I know, a neighbor, who is 22, who goes to Pulse, is at confernace so I wont know any names)

But I thought your post was funny--and correct -- yeh right , they are gonna cooperate with the FBI

And yes, I have to admit , that it was a different intensity yesterday, when the voice lady was murdered. I never heard of her, but to scroll down and find out it happened at the Plaza is a totally different world .

We all have shared many horror stories together, but I shall tell you for them to be where you live DOES change it.

And great, now , gay community, have the repulsive historic thing of being the worst mass murder in the United States of AMerica is , actually quite a bit to take in .

Ty for the chickle

:grouphug:

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." MLK Jr.

I think our members have done a pretty darn good job discussing some tough topics that are involved in this crime. Different viewpoints, different lives, different views, all being respectfully expressed as we wrap our heads around events of last night. To understand such a tragedy it is normal to question.

Thanks for your efforts in keeping things civil.

Ty for this post , I have written some today, taken a step back, and said this is rough day, do not post this!

(RSBM)

This quote made chills run down my spine when I read it. I can't imagine the fear these patrons felt. My God.

My first thought is why did this son not text the police?

My next thought is he wanted to let his mother know what was happening, figuring the police had been contacted. Bless her heart. I can't imagine receiving a text like that and then learning my son was killed. How chilling, but once the shock has calmed down, she will realize what a loving son he was. He wanted to contact his mom so she would know what happened.

May all those killed, injured, and their families be given the grace of peace.

OH, was he a fatality?

Local news

Never heard anything like this, but the lady is back on, and saying pls do not hold a vigel tonight, we have so much to do here, we will have to move resources to the site of the vigel, donate blood tomm, pls do not have a gathering tonight, do not go , we have been up all night , have much to do , dont need to reallocate tonight

do it later in the week please...................

Disney World has way more armed security than a random nightclub. No one would get very far attacking Disney World before they would be taken out by a small army of well armed security officers. But a nightclub, gay or straight, has a lot of drunk people, crowded into small spaces, easily cornered into dark nooks and alcoves and bathrooms.

Disney has NO armed security. What they do have is a close relationship with both Orange County and Osceola County Sheriffs offices. They provide space for their use and there are officers on property all the time. I don't know where you heard of Disney having armed security but that source is misinformed. I know this from personal contact. My brother is a Security manager at Disney with 35 years of service. I worked there for 14 years.

The sad thing is this is just the beginning. This radicalized terrorist targeted the LGBT community. It's only a matter time before all groups that go against their ideology will be targeted, such as women with exposed skin, alcohol drinkers, divorced, etc...

Shooting them and killing them are two totally different things. As I pointed out look at the San Bernadino attack, two shooters and a captive audience and 22 dead.

It would take a fair amount of time.
And this audience wasn't captive? Where the *$#@ can you go when people are piling against the doors in panic and a shooter w/a magazine the size of Texas rolls into a crowded bathroom?! I'm sorry but a crowded, dark, loud, nightclub is a prime hunting ground for this guy who we already know did not like gays. It wasn't a shooter situation but look at the WHO concert in Cinci. People got killed just from other people pushing to get in. Look at the Beverly Hills Supper Club incident. People died b/c of panic (and poor fire codes) and those aren't even examples of shootings.

Admin Note

We are not going to permit VICTIMS' social media pages to be linked.

Thanks in advance for understanding and respecting their privacy.

Trust me I am not in a humerous mood- my mothers lover of 40 years died today stomach cancer, ( some of you are aware of what has been going on here on that )

I am gay, I live here , bit afraid of when the names are released ( I am telling myself , Pulse catered to young - I am not young- so it wont be anyone I know. The only one I know, a neighbor, who is 22, who goes to Pulse, is at confernace so I wont know any names)

But I thought your post was funny--and correct -- yeh right , they are gonna cooperate with the FBI

And yes, I have to admit , that it was a different intensity yesterday, when the voice lady was murdered. I never heard of her, but to scroll down and find out it happened at the Plaza is a totally different world .

We all have shared many horror stories together, but I shall tell you for them to be where you live DOES change it.

And great, now , gay community, have the repulsive historic thing of being the worst mass murder in the United States of AMerica is , actually quite a bit to take in .

Ty for the chickle

:grouphug: :rose:

Hi Taste!

Hi CARIIS .... I'm so sorry to hear of the loss in your family---a member for over 40 years to stomach cancer. It must be such a difficult time for you!

And now this dreadful situation in Orlando. Prayers & strength to you, CARIIS. Hugs from Honey!

As the day goes on I feel like I am being selfish. This started yesterday with the murder yesterday at the Plaza

- why should it feel different casue it is where you live?

- why does it feel different because you have been in these buildings?

- they are buildings

_ So far it is not anyone I know

-Anywhere this kind of violence happens its not ok

- why is there some sort of shame- god, the biggest shooting in America is here , in a gay bar

- my emotional response seems selfish, irrationial in a way , confusing

-people being murdered in any building and any place are horrid - why does this feel more intense?

back to facts .. easier emotionally huh!

the local news (6)

the hospitals were NEVER on lockdown , closed to visitors

Admin Note

We are not going to permit VICTIM'S social media pages to be linked.

Thanks in advance for understanding and respecting their privacy.

Sorry, beach! I was mostly trying to show their pictures so we can pay our respects but was having trouble posting the ones from msm.

I cannot locate it now but someone earlier posted a link to a story about Lt Governor Patrick of Texas. He apparently now is saying his post was a 'misunderstanding.' He is out of the country and had his scripture quotes all lined up for automatic release while out of the state. Patrick, like a good elected official posts daily Bible verses for the edification of his fellow Texans. So... that explains things. He goes on to say he and his family are praying for the victims.

Which way, I wonder?

I really can't generalize these terroristic acts like that.

Well no, and you shouldn't. It's real people that suffer, peoples fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, loved ones. They should never be forgotten. But tehcloser has a point. The world is just wrong, life is beautiful but I feel like the world we live in more ugly at times, a pressure pot that keeps exploding. Something is fundamentally wrong in the way we live, something very negative that seems to be building, worldwide. Be it violence, hatred, jealousy, envy, natural disasters. It all costs too many lives and we should be able to do something about it, but we don't. We move on and carry on living our lives, until the next time. I'm not really sure we can do anything about it, it's too big. And until we stop as a race, the human race, to put so much importance on money and power we never will. 'Them and Us' It's responsible for so much pain :(

Sorry that was a bit too deep. Need kittens stat

The sad thing is this is just the beginning. This radicalized terrorist targeted the LGBT community. It's only a matter time before all groups that go against their ideology will be targeted, such as women with exposed skin, alcohol drinkers, divorced, etc...

This. Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member