FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just listening to FOX news, 2:52pm central time, it was reported that the house and items outside the house belonging to Mateen's father was being searched.

I found these news report, about the father. I do not understand how he can live in one country and run for government office in another country. I think we will be seeing a lot of new and interesting and information coming out that will be conflicting and troubling.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-even-tried-to-run-for-the-afghan-presidency/
<modsnip>

It will be interesting to see what might be found in the fathers house. Is this the only place that Manteen lived?

Yes,I do not understand the denial here in the US.If we keep putting blame elsewhere and being so careful to not offend we will not be able to stop these attacks.

I think the reality we must realize is that we will never "stop" this. Soft target...that is the sad reality of the world we live in moo

Somebody making those kinds of rants should not be allowed to work as a security guard, especially when the rant/threat was made at work. One of the reasons that he was able to buy a gun two weeks ago is because he had a security guard license. Maybe not enough ground to arrest him, but could be grounds for firing.

Whatever the FBI is doing in investigating these guys/gals is obviously not sufficient. I am not knocking LE by any means. It is virtually impossible to know what is in another's mind. But could the appropriate background agency flag a person's name if they sign to buy guns? I know everything at Home Depot cannot be on the 'flag' list, but we have got to be right every time. Nearly impossible. I am starting to think those background checks are useless. Convicted felons get guns by other means and the mentally unstable have rights under HIPPA laws.

Found it, this is why I think collatrial damage might be a reality

Scroll down to video under this

5. He Was Killed by a SWAT Team in an Effort to Rescue Hostages

that is not targeted shooting from that far away - that is random firing off ones guns IMO That is just blasting at some building far away, I counted 17 random flying bullets

IMO

there is an outside area, behind the chain link fence

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/omar-...attack-name-photos-facebook-motive-terrorism/

Here is the Boston marathon, when the suspects were in clear view

[video=youtube;wSlRHJv1nnA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSlRHJv1nnA[/video]

I know someone personally that can hit a 3 inch target at 1200 yards, outside in the open on a windy day, he teaches swat, military and regular people to shoot. sharp shooters/snipers don't take collateral damage, it's one shot and done.jmo

I wonder how many isis sympathizers that the FBI are and are not aware of in the US? I bet hundreds.

At the very least. I suspect probably thousands.

Watching Fox news, and a speaker just said that with an AR-15 you can fire 100 rounds in 9 seconds.

Just.Wow.

Misinformation is never helpful.

Unless you can pull the trigger 100 times in 9 seconds, you can't fire 100 rounds in 9 seconds. (And of course you would have to have a 100-round magazine to do so.)

AR-15's are plain old medium-power garden-variety semi-automatic rifles, and they don't fire any faster than any other semi-auto.

Whatever the FBI is doing in investigating these guys/gals is obviously not sufficient. I am not knocking LE by any means. It is virtually impossible to know what is in another's mind. But could the appropriate background agency flag a person's name if they sign to buy guns? I know everything at Home Depot cannot be on the 'flag' list, but we have got to be right every time. Nearly impossible. I am starting to think those background checks are useless. Convicted felons get guns by other means and the mentally unstable have rights under HIPPA laws.

He was investigated and apparently cleared. FBI decided he was not a threat (in retrospect obviously a wrong decision). But what would you then flag him for?

Firing him would be up to his employee, not FBI.

And former employers are unlikely to do more than confirm that yes he worked there from xx date to xx date. So many are fearful of being sued for defamation.

Wondered why an LGBT club as opposed to Disney World that has been talked about for 30 years because the killer is trying to kill as many as possible in a small area. Maybe he didn't want to kill other Muslims and since being gay is a taboo in that religion, he felt that any Muslims there deserved it. This is pure speculation because I am trying to find out why he targeted an LGBT club. If this is the case, then we need to ramp up security at all LGBT functions, clubs and areas to stop the hate and senseless killing of innocents. And I don't know why I am trying to make sense of something so senseless other than to try and prevent any more monsters from killing. DH told me (from a news report) that terrorists were told that the rewards in the afterlife would increase exponentially if terror attacks were committed during Ramadan. In this case we must be hyper vigilant in trying to protect the innocent.

Well, since FBI investigated him, sounds like his place of work did report him. Otherwise, how would FBI even know about it?

So unfortunately the Feds decided to wait and see then actually question him.
If they were investigating threats his license to carry would be revoked, on a no fly list and fired.

As we start getting more and more statements from the POTUS and other authorities, pay close attention to their statements about guns.

BECAUSE:

Omar Matteen was REQUIRED to have high level gun training, including annual 4 hours of refresher training FOR HIS JOB. He was probably issued at least one gun for his JOB. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the handgun he carried was ISSUED by his employer. You can’t even GET a Class G license without having a job where you are required to HAVE a class G license!

So this is absolutely, positively NOT a situation about problems with “gun control” or background checks, or any such other nonsense.

It's not a gun issue at all-- it's Islamic terrorism, pure and simple. A radicalized, home grown, American born, do it yourself, terrorist. And he was a good shot, because we made him a good shot. He knew he was a good shot-- he only brought one long gun and one handgun with him, and wreaked enormous havoc and murder.

HE and his RADICAL ISLAMIC IDEOLOGY is the problem-- not the guns. The hate and the ideology are synonymous-- they are not separate issues.The terrorism is the end result of the ideology.

Florida Class G license.

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Div...ms/G-License-Classroom-and-Range-Requirements

What EVERYONE should be asking, is WHY this man who was on the terrorist watch lists by the FBI, was ALLOWED to have a Class G license AND a job with a government security subcontractor? Anyone see a little problem there? Guy on a terrorist watch list remains employed in a government subcontractor job where he has access to federal buildings and property, and high level gun training? That’s how PC we have become. And it's killing us.

Same kind of ridiculous PC loophole as the “fiancée visa” that the San Bernadino terrorist entered the country with.
Or keeping Nidal Hassan in the Army once it was clear what he was doing with his radical islamic contacts.

Why would the Feds allow him to keep his license or security job?

So unfortunately the Feds decided to wait and see then actually question him.
If they were investigating threats his license to carry would be revoked, on a no fly list and fired.

They did question him but decided he was not a threat. So I guess he wasn't honest during his interview.

As we start getting more and more statements from the POTUS and other authorities, pay close attention to their statements about guns.

BECAUSE:

Omar Matteen was REQUIRED to have high level gun training, including annual 4 hours of refresher training FOR HIS JOB. He was probably issued at least one gun for his JOB. I wouldn&#8217;t be surprised at all if the handgun he carried was ISSUED by his employer. You can&#8217;t even GET a Class G license without having a job where you are required to HAVE a class G license!

So this is absolutely, positively NOT a situation about problems with &#8220;gun control&#8221; or background checks, or any such other nonsense.

It's not a gun issue at all-- it's Islamic terrorism, pure and simple. A radicalized, home grown, American born, do it yourself, terrorist. And he was a good shot, because we made him a good shot. He knew he was a good shot-- he only brought one long gun and one handgun with him, and wreaked enormous havoc and murder.

HE and his RADICAL ISLAMIC IDEOLOGY is the problem-- not the guns. The hate and the ideology are synonymous-- they are not separate issues.The terrorism is the end result of the ideology.

What EVERYONE should be asking, is WHY this man who was on the terrorist watch lists by the FBI, was ALLOWED to have a Class G license AND a job with a government security subcontractor? Anyone see a little problem there? Guy on a terrorist watch list remains employed in a government subcontractor job where he has access to federal buildings and property, and high level gun training? That&#8217;s how PC we have become. And it's killing us.

Same kind of ridiculous PC loophole as the &#8220;fiancée visa&#8221; that the San Bernadino terrorist entered the country with.
Or keeping Nidal Hassan in the Army once it was clear what he was doing with his radical islamic contacts.

Thank you! Great post.

FBI investigated him but decided he was not a threat. So should freedoms be taken away from someone for simply being investigated?

"FBI Special Agent in Charge Ronald Hopper said today that the FBI had taken an interest in Mateen twice -- once in 2013 after he made "inflammatory" comments to co-workers and then again the next year after he was linked to another U.S. radical who became a suicide bomber in Syria. Mateen was interviewed by investigators three times in relation to the probes but, in both cases, Hopper said the FBI determined Mateen was not a threat and closed the investigations."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/omar-mateen-suspected-orlando-night-club-shooter/story?id=39790797

In this case, they were dead wrong and failed. Yes, if someone making threats and works in Government security should lose his license to carry, his job and be thoroughly investigated. Once you make terroristic threats you should be arrested.
Try making a threat at your workplace. You'll see how fast they will react.

I can't imagine trying to find enough OR crews to staff 21 OR's at about 4 am. And sterile supply-- imagine packing and pulling instruments for 21 trauma cases all at once.

Anesthesia meds. Equipment. etc. The military trains for this, but civilians are just starting to come on board with actual, functional mass casualty plans, and staging equipment.

ORMC is a top level trauma hospital. They would be prepared for this.

god, i loathe my gov and lt. gov. they should save their hatred for isis and not us americans regardless if we are gay or straight :shame:

Premature behavior. Lt Gov needs to support all people or step down ( My opinion) I am right next to your state.(Ar) My mom lives in Dallas.. I understand that you're embarrassed, but this action is not a representation of most people of the state of Texas. ( understood)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member