FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did question him but decided he was not a threat. So I guess he wasn't honest during his interview.

What criminal or terrorist is honest in a FBI interview? I had hoped they had skilled investigators. Frustrated by yet another terrorist slipping through the cracks.

Everyone is angry. And hurting. It's times like these that bring out the worst knee jerk reactions in us. We just want to lash out and blame everyone and everything. Because is we can place a blame it takes the fear out. Truth is this world has monsters. Of every race, creed, political connection and every religion. Today it's Omar and his evils. Tomorrow it will be someone else's devil. You have to stop it across the board. And we can't. Sad world.
I couldn't have said it better. Peace.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Oh great, now we are going to have the false flag/conspiracy theory nutjobs saying how the shooting didn't really happen because one person couldn't kill that many people. Just like they claimed Sandy Hook was a hoax.
Already seeing them. Them. Plural. :tantrum:

OK, this is getting more and more political-even with the request from the owner of the site. I will move on and see if I can learn more about this crime elsewhere. My thoughts are with the victims and their families. I will go back to my usual threads now.

So far it has been civil and moderate,only what is relevant.

Ugh oh

local 6

many are right now undergoing surgery

I must confess that it is embarrasing that most of the people that are babbling at our pressers, are not LE. I would rather here from LE not people in any other role.

It feels exploitive for other reasons jmo
OT but I love you Cariis[emoji8]

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

2 things I want to include

1) just because this was a LGBT club does not mean that everyone there was - my daughter is gay and I go out with her and her girlfriend to these clubs. We have a club here in Wilton Manors that is very well frequented by ALL - they have a GREAT SHOW!

2) 103 shot by one shooter. AR-15 had to have been at least a semi automatic and he had to have reloaded at least once - I can't even begin to try to imagine how many shots were actually fired. He was just spraying the room - back and forth - have to have been with all the casualties.

Just a sad sad day. But I am relieved that he is dead - is that wrong?

JMHO

It is a very sad day. The shooter held a Florida security officer license and a state firearms license. I'm quite sure he knew exactly what he was doing and how to efficiently handle that weapon. In a packed club, dark, one account said there was close to 300 people in there at that point, I think it's feasible for the assailant to spray the crowd, reload, spray, reload. He knew what he was doing and went prepared. From all indications he had an explosive device on him too so he wen well-armed and well planned. imo.

and yet was still allowed to have a gun license and a govt. security job. yikes.

What surprises me is, even after two FBI investigations, he has had that job since 2007. He was not crazy in the sense of hearing voices, isolating himself, etc. He was able to hold down the same job for nine years! I have 'normal' friends who struggle with that.

Mina Justice was outside the club trying to contact her 30-year-old son Eddie, who texted her when the shooting happened and asked her to call police. He told her he ran into a bathroom with other club patrons to hide. He then texted her: ‘‘He’s coming.’’

‘‘The next text said: ‘He has us, and he’s in here with us,' ’’ she said. ‘‘That was the last conversation.’’

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nati...flow:twitter
QUOTE=SurfieTX;12622682]http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...tml?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:twitter
(RSBM)

This quote made chills run down my spine when I read it. I can't imagine the fear these patrons felt. My God.[/QUOTE]

My first thought is why did this son not text the police?

My next thought is he wanted to let his mother know what was happening, figuring the police had been contacted. Bless her heart. I can't imagine receiving a text like that and then learning my son was killed. How chilling, but once the shock has calmed down, she will realize what a loving son he was. He wanted to contact his mom so she would know what happened.

May all those killed, injured, and their families be given the grace of peace.

What criminal or terrorist is honest in a FBI interview? I had hoped they had skilled investigators. Frustrated by yet another terrorist slipping through the cracks.

Trust me I am not in a humerous mood- my mothers lover of 40 years died today stomach cancer, ( some of you are aware of what has been going on here on that )

I am gay, I live here , bit afraid of when the names are released ( I am telling myself , Pulse catered to young - I am not young- so it wont be anyone I know. The only one I know, a neighbor, who is 22, who goes to Pulse, is at confernace so I wont know any names)

But I thought your post was funny--and correct -- yeh right , they are gonna cooperate with the FBI

And yes, I have to admit , that it was a different intensity yesterday, when the voice lady was murdered. I never heard of her, but to scroll down and find out it happened at the Plaza is a totally different world .

We all have shared many horror stories together, but I shall tell you for them to be where you live DOES change it.

And great, now , gay community, have the repulsive historic thing of being the worst mass murder in the United States of AMerica is , actually quite a bit to take in .

Ty for the chickle

"Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." MLK Jr.

I think our members have done a pretty darn good job discussing some tough topics that are involved in this crime. Different viewpoints, different lives, different views, all being respectfully expressed as we wrap our heads around events of last night. To understand such a tragedy it is normal to question.

Thanks for your efforts in keeping things civil.

Karla Homolka is always my prime example of sanpaku
Well, to be fair, others with sanpaku eyes include John F. Kennedy, Abraham Lincoln, and Marilyn Monroe.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wondered why an LGBT club as opposed to Disney World that has been talked about for 30 years because the killer is trying to kill as many as possible in a small area. Maybe he didn't want to kill other Muslims and since being gay is a taboo in that religion, he felt that any Muslims there deserved it. This is pure speculation because I am trying to find out why he targeted an LGBT club. If this is the case, then we need to ramp up security at all LGBT functions, clubs and areas to stop the hate and senseless killing of innocents. And I don't know why I am trying to make sense of something so senseless other than to try and prevent any more monsters from killing. DH told me (from a news report) that terrorists were told that the rewards in the afterlife would increase exponentially if terror attacks were committed during Ramadan. In this case we must be hyper vigilant in trying to protect the innocent.

Disney World has way more armed security than a random nightclub. No one would get very far attacking Disney World before they would be taken out by a small army of well armed security officers. But a nightclub, gay or straight, has a lot of drunk people, crowded into small spaces, easily cornered into dark nooks and alcoves and bathrooms.

It is a very sad day. The shooter held a Florida security officer license and a state firearms license. I'm quite sure he knew exactly what he was doing and how to efficiently handle that weapon. In a packed club, dark, one account said there was close to 300 people in there at that point, I think it's feasible for the assailant to spray the crowd, reload, spray, reload. He knew what he was doing and went prepared. From all indications he had an explosive device on him too so he wen well-armed and well planned. imo.

No, your feelings are not wrong. You are entitled to feel however you feel. And I am glad he is deceased, too. Another long, drawn-out, Major Hassan of Fort Hood Texas trial, would be more than most of us could stand, I believe.

WOW

Local

its live I cant link

He ( murderer) was in the bar at 930 last night , the guy said he just looked like anyone else in the bar

He said it was not until today when his picture was released that he realized this

local media is JUST now getting the tweet from the bar that said basically Pulse run keep running

we all knew this it HOURS ago

Everyone is angry. And hurting. It's times like these that bring out the worst knee jerk reactions in us. We just want to lash out and blame everyone and everything. Because is we can place a blame it takes the fear out. Truth is this world has monsters. Of every race, creed, political connection and every religion. Today it's Omar and his evils. Tomorrow it will be someone else's devil. You have to stop it across the board. And we can't. Sad world.

I really can't generalize these terroristic acts like that.

Trust me I am not in a humerous mood- my mothers lover of 40 years died today stomach cancer, ( some of you are aware of what has been going on here on that )

I am gay, I live here , bit afraid of when the names are released ( I am telling myself , Pulse catered to young - I am not young- so it wont be anyone I know. The only one I know, a neighbor, who is 22, who goes to Pulse, is at confernace so I wont know any names)

But I thought your post was funny--and correct -- yeh right , they are gonna cooperate with the FBI

And yes, I have to admit , that it was a different intensity yesterday, when the voice lady was murdered. I never heard of her, but to scroll down and find out it happened at the Plaza is a totally different world .

We all have shared many horror stories together, but I shall tell you for them to be where you live DOES change it.

And great, now , gay community, have the repulsive historic thing of being the worst mass murder in the United States of AMerica is , actually quite a bit to take in .

Ty for the chickle
Bless you, Cariis. I am so sorry for your loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member