FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if you can donate blood if you are anemic? Will they take it?

I don't think so.
"The hemoglobin test measures the amount of a protein called hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is found in your red blood cells and is responsible for carrying oxygen to the tissues throughout your body. The American Red Cross staff routinely checks your hemoglobin before each donation. To safely donate, it must be above the minimum value required for blood donation, which is 12.5 g/dL. Effective May 2016, male donors will be required to have a minimum hemoglobin level of 13.0 g/dL."

http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-...blood-donation/donors-deferred-low-hemoglobin

At the press conference the police chief said "we had an officer" working extra duty in uniform outside the club. He exchanged gunfire with the shooter who "went back" inside and took hostages.

So many were afraid to come out in the 80s and so many live in fear today. There is an ongoing risk of existing while LGBT.

So, did he shoot up the club, tried to leave, but was driven back into the club by the shootout with the off-duty officer?

Soooo, Christina Grimmie gets shot from some guy that drove from somewhere to kill her on Friday then on Saturday night/Sunday morning another dude drives from somewhere to shoot up a gay bar??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things that make you go hmmm.

I've been reading that the shooter of Christina Grimmi intended to shoot many more people, but her brother acted so fast and tackled him. Makes sense...he came with 2 guns and a knife.

Must have upgraded the plan using the Dylan Roof playbook or the Columbine Shooters playbook or Sandy Hook, etc.

Will it ever end?

What are you talking about? Islamic terrorists have their own playbook when they do a terrorist attack here or on foreign soil. It is the Islamic extremist who have downright hatred of all homosexuals and believe they all should be murdered. As I was reading about this case on Heavy.com another article showed two gay men that were stoned to death by ISIS.:(

CBS News reports that authorities are “leaning towards Islamic terrorism” as a motive. Law enforcement sources said the shooting had similarities to the terror attacks in Paris and Brussels.

The club draws a young demo. This is Orlando, not exactly an elightened (if you know what I mean!)

Somewhat bothersome that media is freely shooting video of these kids. They might not be out. Their employers might have some issues with our livestyle. Parents may not know.

Neighbors may be homophobes

For a young person to "come "out" to family by being on stretcher on the local news, being transported from a gay club is not be the ideal way to go through the coming out "process"

moo

I hadn't even thought about that, can't even imagine going through something like this and then being worried about who may be judging them. Makes an awful thing possibly worse.

Does anyone know if you can donate blood if you are anemic? Will they take it?

Not usually, I'm O- and have very desirable blood but am severely anemic. I have only been able to give blood once and that was when we were out of the country in a very isolated area for a friend who had gotten injured badly.

robot has a backpack
another robot on scene

who cares what some congressman is gonna say condolences bla bla

I'm watching Fox news and a reporter just said that he has heard from reliable sources that the death count is much higher than 20. So so senseless and tragic.

Oh no.:(

I cant believe the pain the loved ones must be suffering while they wait to know if their loved one was inside and didn't make it out.

Thank goodness the Swat team went in when they did or there would be many many more casualties and wounded.

Omar Mateen: Five Facts from Heavy.com - including recent twitter posts from ISIS sympathizers:

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/omar-mateen-pulse-orlando-florida-shooting-gunman-attack-name-photos-facebook-motive-terrorism/

WOW from this story this is not what I thought happened. Its sounds as if shooting started outside the club, and the way it was written I got the notion that it was like he then ran in to the bar kinda to get away from being shot at ?? Obviouly he was up to no good

his van was parked right up close for easy escape

What are you talking about? Islamic terrorists have their own playbook when they do a terrorist attack here or on foreign soil. It is the Islamic extremist who have downright hatred of all homosexuals and believe they all should be murdered. As I was reading about this case on Heavy.com another article showed two gay men that were stoned to death by ISIS.:(

CBS News reports that authorities are “leaning towards Islamic terrorism” as a motive. Law enforcement sources said the shooting had similarities to the terror attacks in Paris and Brussels.

Finally! Islamic terrorist on US soil. So different than the multiple other killers on US soil.

Real press conference coming up now

There will be lots of glee if he is associated with Muslim issues. Just pointing out that we have plenty of terrorists to choose from

Sadly, I think those who will be gleeful are the rotten sympathizers and ISIS followers. I have no doubt many of them on social media sites are very happy this has happened. Ugh.:mad:

So, did he shoot up the club, tried to leave, but was driven back into the club by the shootout with the off-duty officer?

The Heavy article gave a different chronolgy?

Shooting out side first, then in. ?

IMo it is wrong for them to be already focusing that his parents were from there. That IMO is profiling

for some reason I am leaning toward a hate crime.

50 casualties, 53 in hospital.

RIP. Prayers for the victims & families

That wasn't clear to me. I scribbled some notes. After the officer exchanged gunfire with the shooter and he "went back in", two officers who were nearby and six others responded to the scene. Whether he went back in to shoot more people or had been inside without shooting wasn't clarified (or I missed it).

At 5 am (IIRC), after receiving calls from people, included those wounded, who were barricaded in the club, the police opted to go in with a swat team. There were "at least 30 hostages." They also said there were 42 at three area hospitals with gunshot wounds in addition to an estimated 20 bodies inside the building.

Now he's saying there were 50 bodies and and 53 are hospitalized. :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member