FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse nightclub, Orlando, 12 June 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he should probably step back and stop talking. For a start the ex-wife hasn't had contact with him for 7/8 years, and how would he (or for that matter his ex-wife) know where he was at in his life in recent years? Please know I don't mean to be harsh - she can provide insight into who he was years ago, but more than likely he has changed. And what they are saying is distracting from what has actually unfolded. Rose-coloured glasses will not change that for the families and victims.

After hearing about his family environment, the fact that he had been investigated a few years ago, and that he did pronounce support for ISIS, this is not a mental health issue. His psychological vulnerabilities may have contributed to him seeking out extremist affiliation, but he did this in the name of ISIS.

This. This. This.

I'm so emotionally drained, I'm still catching up on this thread. I'm rarely speechless and literally still can't find words.

I have a question for you all, if you marry a legal American and you're from a foreign country you become a citizen. What happens once you divorce, are you still a citizen? Say you are but you marry a foreigner does that person become a citizen? I seriously don't know.

You do not become a citizen automatically when you marry. You can apply for citizenship . It is not taken from you if you divorce.

This makes a lot of sense. I'm thinking along those same lines.

Anybody else get the feeling that there is a lot we are not being told about the timeline? It started at around 2:00 with a big round of gun fire, then ended at 5:00 when LE broke through the wall of the building with an armored vehicle. What happened in those three hours in between? Was he walking around shooting people for 3 hours? Hunting down hiding in the building? Was it quiet? Were they trying to negotiate?

Also they reported about an hour ago that they were still bringing bodies out of the building. Why is that taking so long? Sorry to be graphic, but this wasn't a bombing where there would be bits and pieces. These people died by gunshots, they would be mostly intact.

Anybody else noticing this stuff?

At the press conference scheduled for 7a (not sure how long it was delayed), they said there'd been a "crisis negotiator" on the scene. At the next PC, they used the term "hostage negotiator" and added that the negotiator had been in contact with the shooter but I don't think they gave further details. They said they were also in contact, via cellphones, with people barricaded inside to coordinate breaking through the wall. Again, no details. MSM may have more info, I'm too fried to check. My scanner app alerted me shortly after the shooting began this morning.

From a local station, WFTV:

[Orlando Mayor Buddy] Dyer said that initially officers mistakenly thought the gunman had strapped explosives to the dead victims and that the club was booby-trapped. A bomb robot sent back images of a battery piece next to a body.

Dyer said that held up paramedics from going in until it was determined it was something that fell out of an exit sign or a smoke detector.​

They also had to process the crime scene, locating, recording, and collecting evidence, and had a chain link fence put up around the property that was draped with a dark covering, apparently for privacy as they removed the bodies. I also heard an interview with one witness who helped someone who wasn't .. intact.

We'll probably hear more details in the coming days, particularly after all the victims have been identified and their families notified.

At the press conference scheduled for 7a (not sure how long it was delayed), they said there'd been a "crisis negotiator" on the scene. At the next PC, they used the term "hostage negotiator" and added that the negotiator had been in contact with the shooter but I don't think they gave further details. They said they were also in contact, via cellphones, with people barricaded inside to coordinate breaking through the wall. Again, no details. MSM may have more info, I'm too fried to check. My scanner app alerted me shortly after the shooting began this morning.

From a local station, WFTV:
[Orlando Mayor Buddy] Dyer said that initially officers mistakenly thought the gunman had strapped explosives to the dead victims and that the club was booby-trapped. A bomb robot sent back images of a battery piece next to a body.

Dyer said that held up paramedics from going in until it was determined it was something that fell out of an exit sign or a smoke detector.​

They also had to process the crime scene, locating, recording, and collecting evidence, and had a chain link fence put up around the property that was draped with a dark covering, apparently for privacy as they removed the bodies. I also heard an interview with one witness who helped someone who wasn't .. intact.

We'll probably hear more details in the coming days, particularly after all the victims have been identified and their families notified.

Oh man... reading that is heart-wrenching.

So wouldn't Omar have mentioned this guy during the 911 call, as his inspiration and mentor if this was Omars supposed Prophet Mohammed that taught him everything.

Thats like Daniel Son not mentioning Mr. Miagi after winning the final tournament. Jmo.

Exactly.

I'm with you, it's both .. I'll add small mans syndrome into the mix too for extra measure.

I agree. Of course it is both. You can't just throw out what his father said about the kissing men. And you can't just throw out the hatred of the lgbt by radicals. You can't pick and chose. And to me it's a slap in the face of the victims.

I agree. Of course it is both. You can't just throw out what his father said about the kissing men. And you can't just throw out the hatred of the lgbt by radicals. You can pick and chose. And to me it's a slap in the face of the victims.

Exactly. Thank you.

'Love is love:' Orlando shooting victims honoured with rainbow-themed tributes the world over

mideast-israel-nightclub-shooting-florida.jpg

This had nothing to do with gays and everything to do with terrorism. Gays were the target THIS TIME, next time it could be any one of us. And there will be a next time. Nice to know the FBI interviewed the shooter twice and that he was on the 'watch' list. That sure turned out to be helpful [not.]

Yeah, a shooting that occured at a LGBT nightclub had nothing to do with gays! You can't make this stuff up.

I just found out that Kim was a friend of a friend.

That just made this get even worse. :cry:

So sorry for your friend and that this has touched so close to home for you. Thoughts and strength to all affected. :grouphug:

I agree. Of course it is both. You can't just throw out what his father said about the kissing men. And you can't just throw out the hatred of the lgbt by radicals. You can pick and chose. And to me it's a slap in the face of the victims.

My personal belief is the shooter was groomed for 'martyrdom' since birth and I don't consider any information provided by family to be credible at this time. The systematic, targeted mass murder of over 50 people didn't just happen because some guy became enraged over seeing two gay people kissing. This was a pre planned terror attack and more than one individual was involved in its implementation and execution. That's like saying a you tube video was responsible for Benghazi. IMO

A witness said that the shooter asked club goers their race, said America needs to "stop bombing ISIS."

[video=twitter;742182081116020738]https://twitter.com/ABC2020/status/742182081116020738[/video]

Its CNN! That is so wrong it is funny. INterviews today that he was seen inside the bar at 930 drinking. His car was parked about 300 feet from the front door. He had his gun in his car . At closing he went to his car.

My speculation here is he planed to murder a bunch of people as they were leaving the bar at closing, did not expect an armed guard, which is why he ended up running "into" the bar after the shooting started outside .

He sat there for hours and watched men kiss on each other, flirt with one another , dance together , etc and it fueled him and his final act IMO

just my hunches
If no one checks you at the door, he could have just carried it inside in a case, or bag. They only weigh around 5 pounds.
attachment.php

Attachments

• bushmaster.jpg
    bushmaster.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 264
Yeah, a shooting that occured at a LGBT nightclub had nothing to do with gays! You can't make this stuff up.

Not sure if this video has already been posted, but there's been a big argument on the UK's Sky News about exactly this point
edited: sorry, this version of the clip is better

[video=youtube;omOeu2nlRM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omOeu2nlRM4&app=desktop[/video]

My personal belief is the shooter was groomed for 'martyrdom' since birth and I don't consider any information provided by family to be credible at this time. The systematic, targeted mass murder of over 50 people didn't just happen because some guy became enraged over seeing two gay people kissing. This was a pre planned terror attack and more than one individual was involved in its implementation and execution. That's like saying a you tube video was responsible for Benghaz. IMO

Do you know how bad these radicals hate the lbgt communities? Do you know how big of a victory killing so many would be in their eyes? I mean to say they were not targeted is beyond me.

Do you know how bad these radicals hate the lbgt communities? Do you know how big of a victory killing so many would be in their eyes? I mean to say they were not targeted is beyond me.

Do you know that islamic terrorists hate you and me just as much as they do gays? Their victory is achieved in numbers, not demographics.

If the shooting had occurred at, say, a bar frequented by American military personnel in Germany I believe we would all be willing to immediately consider the place was chosen specifically to hit Americans. Who would dare say "This had nothing to do with Americans" in that case?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members