FL - Mass Shooting at Pulse Nightclub, Orlando 12 June 2016 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thomas Thorspecken@AnalogArtist
Mar 16
#NoorSalmanTrial resumes on Monday 3/19/2018. Expect continued sketches from inside the courtroom on #analogartistdiggitalworld. #NoorSalman #SalmanTrial #OmarMateen #PulseNightclub #PulseTrial #USNews #NationalNews #NewYorkTimes #DailyNews #DailyMail #NoCameras

DYblY5sX0AAXZuE.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News 6 Pulse Trial@News6PulseTrial
5h5 hours ago
This morning the U.S. gov’t continues to call witnesses in the trial of Noor Salman. They are likely to call up the FBI agent who acquired a written statement from Salman saying she knew what her husband was planning. #Salmantrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
2h2 hours ago
On the stand now is Ricardo Enriquez, a polygraph examiner who wrote statements allegedly made by Noor Salman.

He testified the reason her statements weren't recorded on video is the satellite office in Fort Pierce where she was taken simply wasn't outfitted. #SalmanTrial

Elyna WFTV@encproducer
2h2 hours ago
Agent Ricardo Enriquez is on the stand discussing his polygraph test with #noorsalman. He said the test was never recorded bc there were no cameras in the room and audio recording requires special permission #pulse

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
2h2 hours ago
Enriquez says Salman initialed every paragraph she dictated to him.

She allegedly said Mateen had been talking about jihad for two years.

And, "Omar would make statements in front of me regarding where would the next terrorist attack make a big splash." #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
2h2 hours ago
Enriquez says Salman admitted: "I often feared that he was going to commit an act of violence or terrorism." #SalmanTrial

Elyna WFTV@encproducer
2h2 hours ago
Omar Mateen made statements to #noorsalman, "where would the next attack make a big splash?" Agent Enriquez testified #NoorSalman #WFTV #pulse
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elyna WFTV@encproducer
2h2 hours ago
The statement then goes into the spending leading up to the Pulse attack June 12, 2016. Omar Mateen would buy #NoorSalman jewelry, clothing. He bought a rifle, ammunition #WFTV #NoorSalman #pulse #NoorSalmantrial

WESH 2 News@WESH
2h2 hours ago
Enriquez says she wrote this statement herself: "I am sorry for what happened. I wish I cold go back and tell his family and the police what he was going to do." #SalmanTrial

K.May@KMayUCF
2h2 hours ago
However, at the end of the the interview between Enriquez and Noor Salman she wrote a part of her statement. The last sentence of what she wrote was “ I am sorry for what happened I wish I’d go back and tell his family and the police what he was going to do.” #NoorSalman

Jeff Weiner@JeffWeinerOS
2h2 hours ago
"You get more with honey than you do with vinegar.”

On the stand this morning is FBI Special Agent Ricardo Enriquez, who took crucial statements from #NoorSalman in the hours after Omar Mateen's attack on Pulse.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYqTYIDW0AEmhTp.jpg

WESH 2 News@WESH
2h2 hours ago
Enriquez says Salman told him Omar Mateen was angry and upset for two years before the attack and watched videos about terrorism daily. #SalmanTrial

Jeff Weiner@JeffWeinerOS
2h2 hours ago
#NoorSalman trial: FBI agent testifies about interviews with Pulse gunman's widow http://bit.ly/2IBneYS
Updated with the latest from the #SalmanTrial, via @KMTorralva and @tzigal in the courthouse.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WESH 2 News@WESH
2h2 hours ago
When pressed about the "I am sorry statement," Enriquez claims Salman first denied prior knowledge, but then cried and said, "I knew." #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
2h2 hours ago
Right now -- the prosecution is going through Salman's alleged statements line-by-line with Ricardo Enriquez on the stand.

Enriquez says Salman told him: "He said if he did jihad, everyone would know who he is." #SalmanTrial

Elyna WFTV@encproducer
1h1 hour ago
Noor Salman never took an official polygraph test. However, there are 3 types of polygraphs Agent Ricard Enriquez conducts. pretest, actual test and post test. Noor made her statements during pretest. #pulse #NoorSalman #NoorSalmantrial

Elyna WFTV@encproducer
1h1 hour ago
Agent Enriquez asked #NoorSalman if she would be available at another time to take an actual polygraph test and she said she would. #Pulse

K.May@KMayUCF
1h1 hour ago
Special Agent Ricardo Enriquez testified that Noor Salman acknowledged that she knew what Omar Mateen was going to do. #NoorSalman trial

WESH 2 News@WESH
1h1 hour ago
Salman allegedly told Enriquez: "I knew he was preparing for jihad when he bought the rifle ... the ammo.... I saw these things as a green light for Omar to do an act of violence."

Enriquez was asked if he used the word "jihad" first. He said, "No, Ms. Salman did." #SalmanTrial
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff Weiner@JeffWeinerOS
1h1 hour ago
Jeff Weiner Retweeted Krista M. Torralva
The thread below shows the statements by #NoorSalman about what she knew of the Pulse attack in advance. This is the subject of this morning's #SalmanTrial testimony, and shows the evolution of what FBI agents say she told them. Story we're updating: http://bit.ly/2IBneYS

DYqTUC7W4AEPYFG.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K.May@KMayUCF
58m58 minutes ago
Special Agent Enriquez testified that after Noor Salman acknowledged that she knew what Mateen was going to do, “her demeanor was relaxed” and it was as if a load had been lifted off her back. #NoorSalman trial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
55m55 minutes ago
The prosecution finished its questioning of Enriquez by asking if Salman had any trouble understanding. He said, "Absolutely not."

The prosecution asked how their interview ended. Enriquez said Salman stood and said, "When do I get my money? Omar left me money." #SalmanTrial

WESH 2 News@WESH
39m39 minutes ago
The prosecution's questioning of FBI Special Agent Ricardo Enriquez has ended and court is in recess.
Enriquez returns for the defense's questioning this afternoon.

Jeff Weiner@JeffWeinerOS
34m34 minutes ago
More Jeff Weiner Retweeted Krista M. Torralva
More details on the mysterious "Nemo" -- the man, not the fish -- in our story from the weekend previewing the second week of testimony in the #SalmanTrial: http://bit.ly/2ICcEkc
.....Krista M. Torralva@KMTorralva
There's a chance we've been misspelling "Nemo." Agent Enriquez today: "I'll be honest with you. I thought about the little fish in the movie" and that's "why it's written that way."

Amanda Ober@AmandaOberWESH
36m36 minutes ago
The FBI agent who interviewed Noor Salman the day of the Pulse shootingclaims at the end of the interview she asked "When do I get my money, Omar left me money, when do it get it?" #SalmanTrial

Amanda Ober@AmandaOberWESH
34m34 minutes ago
At one point during this morning's testimony from the FBI agent who interviewed Noor Salman...Salman turned to her family and said "He's lying!" This is the second time she's done that in court regarding testimony of an FBI agent. #SalmanTrial

Jeff Weiner@JeffWeinerOS
24m24 minutes ago
#NoorSalman trial: FBI agent describes confronting Pulse shooter's widow — 'You knew' http://bit.ly/2IBneYS

Jeff Weiner@JeffWeinerOS
19m19 minutes ago
New courtroom sketches from the #SalmanTrial: FBI Special Agent Ricardo Ricardo Enriquez on the left [top]; Assistant U.S. Attorney Roger B. Handberg on the right [bottom].

DYqnM3bWkAA96kc.jpg

DYqnN-wWAAAbeqE.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jury hears Noor Salman's FBI statements

"ORLANDO, Fla. —
Prosecutors continue Monday working to prove their case Noor Salman helped her husband plan the terror attack at Pulse nightclub....

10: a.m. update: Polygraph examiner on stand

Prosecutors continue Monday working to prove their case Noor Salman helped her husband plan the terror attack at Pulse nightclub.

Testimony resumed with FBI Special Agent Ricardo Enriquez, a polygraph examiner.

Enriquez conducted an interview of Salman and wrote down statements he said she made.

"It was the worst mass shooting at the time," Enriquez said in court. "I wanted her to understand the gravity of the situation and the importance of her to be honest with me."

During opening statements, the defense made a point of the fact Salman's alleged statements to the FBI were not recorded -- no video or audio exists.

Enriquez explained Salman was interviewed at an FBI satellite office in Fort Pierce in a room that wasn't set up with any recording equipment...."

http://www.wesh.com/article/study-s...valent-of-working-2-5-full-time-jobs/19477474
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NPR recording

As Wife Of Pulse Nightclub Shooter Faces Federal Charges, A Look At Their Relationship

"Noor Salman, the widow of Pulse nightclub shooter Omar Mateen, is facing charges of obstructing justice and providing material support to terrorists. Author Rachel Louise Snyder has been covering the trial for The New Yorker, and shares some of her reporting on Salman and her abusive relationship with Mateen...."

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/19/5950...faces-federal-charges-a-look-at-their-relatio
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noor Salman trial: Key figures still yet to testify in trial of Pulse gunman's widow

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news.../os-noor-salman-pulse-trial-week-2-story.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope someone can read this and post who they are as I have no more free articles...:(

To prosecutors, “Nemo” is the person Omar Mateen’s wife used in the cover story she concocted to aid her husband in carrying out the Pulse nightclub massacre in Orlando on June 12, 2016. To Noor Salman’s defense team, “Nemo” is the person Mateen regularly said he was with to cover up his infidelity. And he was the person Mateen said he was meeting with for dinner when he left their Fort Pierce home to drive to Orlando.

Nemo is one of several key figures in the Pulse investigation from whom Salman’s jury has yet to hear, as the trial enters its second week of testimony. Defense lawyer Linda Moreno told jurors during her opening statement that they would hear from him before the trial is over.

Also yet to testify is FBI Special Agent Ricardo Enriquez, the polygraph examiner who wrote down statements he said Salman made during an interview, including one in which she confessed to helping Mateen scout targets.

The attack occurred during Ramadan, a month when Muslims fast during the day and commonly feast together at mosques. That night, Mateen’s mother invited the couple to dinner at the mosque, but Salman told her Mateen was with Nemo, the son of family friends. Mateen’s mother realized that wasn’t true, though, when she spoke to Nemo’s mother at the mosque that night, prosecutors said. Nemo was in medical school in Maryland, his mother told Mateen’s mother.

It’s unclear whether Nemo will testify or if his recorded statement to FBI agents shortly after the shooting will be entered in court in his place. Defense lawyers wanted Nemo to testify, but his lawyer previously said Nemo would refuse and invoke his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination, according to court documents.

Defense lawyers indicated in previous motions they intend to call on experts on domestic violence and coerced confessions. They’ve painted Salman as a naive woman who was married to an abuser and cheater.

Thank you cujenn81 for the article info...:blowkiss:

:tyou:

Elyna WFTV@encproducer
20h20 hours ago
Noor Salman's aunt argues the statements Noor made to the FBI were coached and Noor would never use words like "green light" #Pulse #NoorSalman #trial

DYrlKTQVAAAXM05.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WFTV Eyewitness News@WFTV
6h6 hours ago
#Pulseshooting trial: Testimony continues in #NoorSalman case: http://at.wftv.com/2G7DQZP

DYuJ4ahWkAAYQHg.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
3h3 hours ago
The Noor Salman trial resumed this morning with brief testimony of FBI Special Agent Ricardo Enriquez, who was on the stand all day yesterday.
Defense attorney Charles Swift showed news coverage thought to fit what Enriquez testified he saw on the day of the attack. #SalmanTrial

DYvKUv0UMAAQn1k.jpg

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
3h3 hours ago
Ultimately, Enriquez testified he can;t be sure which news articles he read or which press conference he caught on television before conducting his interview with Noor Salman.
The defense appears to suggest he knew more than he admits going into that interview. #SalmanTrial
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
3h3 hours ago
The next witness the prosecution brought on the stand is Aisha Muhammad, the mother of "Nemo."
Nemo is the friend Omar Mateen allegedly told Salman he was having dinner with the night of the attack. #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
3h3 hours ago
Muhammad testified on the night of the attack, Mateen's mother approached her at a church event and told her their sons were together. She said at the time, Nemo, who is a doctor, was in Washington, D.C. for a residency. #SalmanTrial

Elyna WFTV@encproducer
2h2 hours ago
Nemo's mother testified today that on June 11 while at the mosque, Omar Mateen's mother asked Nemo's mother if she had seen her son and if he was with Nemo. Nemo was in DC. Omar had told Noor he was having dinner with Nemo June 11 #noorsalman #pulse
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
1h1 hour ago
Prosecutors are now calling more FBI agents to the stand.

Special Agent Marco Rodriguez conducted the search of Mateen's and Salman's home.
He testified about evidence, such as computers and other devices, taken from their home. #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
1h1 hour ago
Also discussed--a photograph of a Father's Day card and gift left out on the dining room table ahead of the search.
Prosecutors point out Father's Day was still a week away, arguing it was out purposely for appearance to suggest Salman didn't know about the attack. #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
1h1 hour ago
The defense is arguing that Father's Day card is proof Salman never expected her husband to die a terrorist. The defense also pointed out the card, while photographed, was not taken into evidence during the search. #SalmanTrial

WESH 2 News@WESH
1h1 hour ago
Right now -- FBI agents are testifying about evidence taken from the home of Omar Mateen and Noor Salman.
Also discussed, a Father's Day card that the prosecution and defense have differing arguments about. More here: http://dlvr.it/QLkbvh #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
47m47 minutes ago
During a look at what was found on computers seized from Mateen's and Salman's home, the prosecution focused on one Internet search made in particular on June 10: "Can credit card company take money from bank account?" #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
44m44 minutes ago
A courtroom housekeeping note -- just now, ahead of the afternoon recess, the prosecution told the judge they expect to wrap up their part of the trial tomorrow or Thursday. The defense will begin their portion Monday. #SalmanTrial
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prosecutors continue making case against Pulse shooter's widow

"ORLANDO, Fla. —
Jurors are hearing more testimony Tuesday from witnesses called by prosecutors, as the government continues to make its case against Noor Salman, who was married to Pulse attack shooter Omar Mateen.

12 p.m. update: What was found on the couple's computers?...."

http://www.wesh.com/article/prosecutors-continue-making-case-against-pulse-shooters-widow/19492114
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
4h4 hours ago
In the last hour, computer forensic examiner FBI Special Agent Jeff Etter, has been questioned in cross-examination by the defense.

Attorney Charles Swift went page-by-page over visits to radical websites in the months leading up to the attack. #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
4h4 hours ago
Swift made not with each entry of the time the website was viewed, because the material was typically accessed very late at night and into the early morning hours, which appears to suggest Mateen viewed it while Salman was asleep. #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
3h3 hours ago
Within the last hour, the prosecution brought a banker onto the witness stand. She testified Noor Salman and Omar Mateen made Salman a death beneficiary on Mateen's accounds just over a week before the attack. #SalmanTrial
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
3h3 hours ago
On the stand now is FBI Special Agent TJ Sypniewski. He's the first agent who interviewed Noor Salman.
He said Salman was silent when he told her that her husband was dead.
He said she had a similar reaction when he told her how he died. #SalmanTrial

Krista M. Torralva@KMTorralva
3h3 hours ago
FBI Special Agent TJ Sypniewski is on the stand. He was the supervisor and interviewed Salman on June 12, 2016. His testimony has been similar to that of Mayo's last week.

3h3 hours ago
Sypniewski, a polygraph examiner himself, said he called another polygraph examiner to go to Fort Pierce from S. Florida, mainly because he needed to interview her at that time to get information about any other possible threat

3h3 hours ago
Question about no recording. "I didn't even think of it because I knew what he FBI and Department of Justice policies were on recordings," Sypniewski said. That recordings are done between a person's arrest and initial court appearance.

3h3 hours ago
"She was a witness at that time," Sypniewski said.

3h3 hours ago
Sypniewski said he'd have to get approval from a special agent in charge to record Salman at that time.

3h3 hours ago
Sypniewski was the first to tell Salman her husband was dead. Her reaction? "She broke eye contact with me. She looked away." She did not ask questions, Sypniewski said.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
3h3 hours ago
Then, Sypniewski says Salman then recited a list of reasons why her husband wouldn't have committed an attack.
She said he just paid bills the night before and bought plane tickets for a family trip to California. #SalmanTrial

3h3 hours ago
Sypniewski asked when Salman last saw her husband. She said about 5 p.m. the night before, June 11. That he was going to have dinner with a friend named Nemo.

3h3 hours ago
Sypniewski said he was focused on learning more about Nemo because at this time agents still didn't know if there were others involved/another potential threat.

3h3 hours ago
Then, Sypniewski said, Salman offered this statement: "Had she known he was going to commit a violent crime that led to his death, she would have told his father."

3h3 hours ago
Her son was being noisy, playing with the blinds so Sypniewski asked her if she could call a family member to take him. She did and the child went with her brother-in-law.

3h3 hours ago
Salman stayed and Sypniewski said he gave her more information about Mateen's death, that he "died in a violent incident in Orlando."

4h4 hours ago
Sypniewski said Salman "was silent. She didn't ask any followup questions." Then she gave a list of reasons Mateen would not have died in a violent act: he'd just paid the bills, bought airline tickets, etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4h4 hours ago
Then she said, "How could I have known he was going to commit a violent act if I just bought him a Father's Day gift?" Sypniewski said.

4h4 hours ago
More Krista M. Torralva Retweeted Gal Tziperman Lotan
Notes from inside the main courtroom:
Gal Tziperman Lota@tzigal
For much of today Salman has seemed less engaged than she was yesterday, when FBI Special Agent Ricardo Enriquez testified. That changed when Sypniewski got on the stand -- she leaned her face on her hand, looking forward, and whispered to her attorneys throughout his testimony

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
3h3 hours ago
Sypniewski also said before he ever told her details about the attack, including that it happened at Pulse nightclub, Noor Salman allegedly said:
"My husband loves America and he loves gay people." #SalmanTrial

Matt Lupoli@mattlupoli
3h3 hours ago
Sypniewski also spoke about conflicting statements.
He says Salman first denied ever going to a gun range with Mateen or being present while he bought ammunition.
Sypniewski says she changed her answer both times after he reminded her about security cameras. #SalmanTrial

4h4 hours ago
Sypniewski said Salman changed answers to some questions such as whether she'd been to the gun range with her husband or was with him when he bought ammunition, after he told her agents would be checking security cameras.

4h4 hours ago
Unprovoked, Sypniewski said Salman said, "My husband loves America and he loves gay people." Sypniewski said at that time he didn't know the specific place that had been attacked but that many victims were gay.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back