FL - Megan Todt 42, Alek 13, Tyler 11, Zoe 4, & dog Breezy, Celebration, 6 Jan 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess based on SM speculation is he is gonna say it was a suicide pact. I don't believe this is true but a guess as to what he might say to save his *advertiser censored*. MOO

Just watched the Sheriff's press conference. AT has confessed to murdering his wife, his children and the family dog. They believe the murders occurred sometime at the end of December.

No words.

My guess based on SM speculation is he is gonna say it was a suicide pact. I don't believe this is true but a guess as to what he might say to save his *advertiser censored*. MOO

Just watched the Sheriff's press conference. AT has confessed to murdering his wife, his children and the family dog. They believe the murders occurred sometime at the end of December.

No words.

It was two of Tony's sisters for sure (there was at least one more woman, but I'm not sure of her relation to Tony). They were always very vague when people asked about Megan or Megan's family. Lots of speculation, but that would be sleuthing family, so I won't post it.
Thanks @zea mays. I don’t want to sleuth family, wasn’t sure if I had missed an article.

Christmas would have been a huge red flag.
Was it Tony’s sister doing the FB alert?
Anything from Megan’s family?

Tony's sister(s) he has one full sister and I think 2 half sisters had a facebook group. It has been deleted. A new one took the old one's place with the same name but it is not the original group that the sisters created.

It certainly did cement the fact that the sisters behavior was odd. WHY wouldn't they have wanted neighbors to go and knock? It reinforces my thoughts that he told them what he did at some point and was threatening self-harm.
I've been thinking about this a lot. If this were my sister....and I didn't get pictures of my niece on Christmas, and my BIL was telling me they were asleep. And I never heard back from my sister on Xmas or at the very least by the next day I would be worried. And if I called for a Well check on 12/29 and found out the police couldn't make contact? My butt would be on a plane down there SO fast. I would break into her house if I had to.
I definitely think they were gone on 12/29. I'm on the fence about before Christmas now (that was my initial guess, too) just because the sheriff said the condition of the bodies was consistent with the end of Dec. I think it's really odd that there was a week to week and a half that no one heard from anyone other than Tony if they weren't already dead. The piano teacher did state she got a response from Megan about lessons the first week of 2020, but since that's completely isolated, I think it's very likely that was Tony.

I think it was one of the sisters that called, but I do not understand their actions after that. Completely mystified.
I took what the sheriff said as this: Tony said he killed them "at the end of December" and the condition of the bodies was consistent with that. I don't think there's a huge difference between 12/24 & 12/29 when we are talking about bodies that have been out for 3+ weeks. I'm not an expert, but I think it would still be "consistent" with the "end of December."
Christmas would have been a huge red flag.
Was it Tony’s sister doing the FB alert?
Anything from Megan’s family?
The page was being run by all 3 of Tony's sisters. Chrissy is his biological sister (Robert & Loretta are Tony & Chrissy's parents). Alicia is their half-sister (daughter of Loretta and her new husband). Kellie is their step-sister (daughter of Loretta's new husband).
Megan's father passed away a while ago. I'm not sure if she has any siblings. She does have a grandfather living and some cousins I believe I read about. Her mother is still alive but they're estranged.

I took what the sheriff said as this: Tony said he killed them "at the end of December" and the condition of the bodies was consistent with that. I don't think there's a huge difference between 12/24 & 12/29 when we are talking about bodies that have been out for 3+ weeks. I'm not an expert, but I think it would still be "consistent" with the "end of December."
Snipped by me. By before Christmas, I was thinking like 12/21 since the last confirmed contact with Megan was 12/20. Which is a bit further out. I would not be surprised to find the dates change at all.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Hi NuttMegg! I know you are a veteran of the Watts case, as am I. I bet your are 100% correct that the murders occurred right about the time his wife and possibly kids found out they were being evicted. My guess is he kept secrets from his wife. There was discussion in the Watts forum about the family annihilators who do not kill themselves. Often that kind of family annihilator had a secret life.

From what the sheriff stated in the presser, AT apparently took some pills right before he was arrested. It appears he knew LE was on their way, so he must have told the cops he took the pills, and that might explain why he was taken to the hospital. He apparently really didn't want to die himself and he possibly spent weeks in that house, with the dead bodies of his wife and his children, and the family dog.

Unbelievable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi NuttMegg! I know you are a veteran of the Watts case, as am I. I bet your are 100% correct that the murders occurred right about the time his wife and possibly kids found out they were being evicted. My guess is he kept secrets from his wife. There was discussion in the Watts forum about the family annihilators who do not kill themselves. Often that kind of family annihilator had a secret life.

From what the sheriff stated in the presser, AT apparently took some pills right before he was arrested. It appears he knew LE was on their way, so he must have told the cops he took the pills, and that might explain why he was taken to the hospital. He apparently really didn't want to die himself and he possibly spent weeks in that house, with the dead bodies of his wife and his children, and the family dog.

Unbelievable.
This. I also think that he killed them around the time of the eviction which iirc was 12/22. I truly think they were gone before Christmas. So, I'd put it at 12/23-24.

Last edited:
This. I also think that he killed them around the time of the eviction which irrc was 12/22. I truly think they were gone before Christmas. So, I'd put it at 12/23-24.

I think so, too. What's kind of curious is one of the neighbors reported seeing the family, with their car all packed up around December 15. The neighbor assumed they were going away for the holidays.

I think so, too. What's kind of curious is one of the neighbors reported seeing the family, with their car all packed up around December 15. The neighbor assumed they were going away for the holidays.
My understanding is that this family traveled pretty regularly to Sarasota & Siesta Key. They could have easily gone on a week vacation and been home before Christmas.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>. Worse he seems to be somehow enjoying the notoriety. What a piece of work. I expect we will find that the practice over-billed, billed for work not done, that he played markets or gambled.

I’m often worried when kids are home-schooled. It usually reflects some rigid parental thinking. And it prevents wellness checks.

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is that this family traveled pretty regularly to Sarasota & Siesta Key. They could have easily gone on a week vacation and been home before Christmas.

I heard they traveled regularly, too. If they actually took a trip on December 15, this makes me question even more if the wife had any idea about their serious financial problems, or if she was aware that their rent was unpaid, and there was no money to pay the rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes