FL FL - Miami Beach, WhtMale UP6736, 30-40, 6'9" & 335 lbs, drowned, Dec'09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's not very likely but guys this tall are rare so:
Robert Lewellen (NamUs, no image available) went missing on January 12, 1997 from New Albany, Indiana at age 25 which would make him around 37 in 2009. He's 6' 6" - 6' 8" and 205 - 210 lbs with brown hair and hazel eyes.
A major inconsistency is that he had a tattoo on his left arm, but it's not described.

It's not very likely but guys this tall are rare so:
Robert Lewellen (NamUs, no image available) went missing on January 12, 1997 from New Albany, Indiana at age 25 which would make him around 37 in 2009. He's 6' 6" - 6' 8" and 205 - 210 lbs with brown hair and hazel eyes.
A major inconsistency is that he had a tattoo on his left arm, but it's not described.
Yeah, I think the tattoo would likely rule him out. The height though is unusual.

It's not very likely but guys this tall are rare
rsbm
Yes, people that size are rare, but a lot are affiliated with sports. That physique sounds like a typical defensive lineman. Lots of former college and NFL players end up off the grid. Sadly, many are suffering the only recently recognized long term effects of CTE. Here's a sample of MSM stories about them. But I really doubt there's any kind of directory or a way to know how many might have become missing persons.
Former NFL player tackles homelessness after living under LA freeway
Jackie Wallace, a former NFL player who became homeless in New Orleans, talks with NBC's Today show
The Homeless Husky: Ex-UW, NFL Linebacker Tim Meamber

I really don't know! You may be right. Before I submitted and did check- he's still on Virginia State PD's website, which appears to be consistently updated (there's already 3 or 4 MPs from 2022 on there), but I guess it's possible that they still forget to remove older cases.
So frustrating when these people only appear in the gov reports and there's no MSM articles, no nothing!

Yeah, Virginia is generally very good about keeping their databases up to date. I'd be more inclined to think either it's a different person with a similar name and birthdate, or maybe nobody has ever officially notified authorities that the person is still alive.

I didn't see this posted yet - this guy was mentioned in a Tampa Bay Times article from November about Miami's efforts to identify their unidentified remains.

The article mentions that forensic genealogy is being attempted for some of the cases, but it seems to imply that this John Doe is not one of them. Here's the relevant quote:

There are many more mysteries that, for now, are just out of reach.

Like the man found in the surf of Miami Beach. He was large. Unusually large.

A couple found him face down on the beach at 17th Street on Dec. 24, 2009. He was wearing blue “Speedo” swim trunks and New Balance sneakers, with black socks. He was between 25 and 40 years old. And he measured 6-foot-9, weighing in at 335 pounds.

He carried no wallet and no ID. He might have been a visitor, from out of state, or from overseas. Until he’s named, he’s identified only by his case number: 2009-3185.

Investigators try to identify hundreds of bodies in Miami

rsbm
Yes, people that size are rare, but a lot are affiliated with sports. That physique sounds like a typical defensive lineman. Lots of former college and NFL players end up off the grid. Sadly, many are suffering the only recently recognized long term effects of CTE. Here's a sample of MSM stories about them. But I really doubt there's any kind of directory or a way to know how many might have become missing persons.
Former NFL player tackles homelessness after living under LA freeway
Jackie Wallace, a former NFL player who became homeless in New Orleans, talks with NBC's Today show
The Homeless Husky: Ex-UW, NFL Linebacker Tim Meamber

His height and weight match up closest to an offensive tackle. Many of them are similar to him in height and weight. I tried looking for missing football players but it is largely overran by a story about nfl players who went missing on a boat at one point, and none of them were anywhere close to his size.

I also tried seeing if there was any college bowl games in the area around that time, Christmas is a popular time for big college bowl games.

His height and weight match up closest to an offensive tackle. Many of them are similar to him in height and weight. I tried looking for missing football players but it is largely overran by a story about nfl players who went missing on a boat at one point, and none of them were anywhere close to his size.

I also tried seeing if there was any college bowl games in the area around that time, Christmas is a popular time for big college bowl games.
The only bowl game nearby was the Orange Bowl and that happened on 1/5/2010. It was Iowa v Georgia Tech. They were probably in town by 12/24/2009. But, no way he was a college player when he died. He was too old, and he would have been noticed to be missing by his teammates. There would have been a huge media blitz to locate him if he was in town for a bowl game.

The only bowl game nearby was the Orange Bowl and that happened on 1/5/2010. It was Iowa v Georgia Tech. They were probably in town by 12/24/2009. But, no way he was a college player when he died. He was too old, and he would have been noticed to be missing by his teammates. There would have been a huge media blitz to locate him if he was in town for a bowl game.

Absolutely, but could he have been alumni or a CFL player, former semi-pro in another league, or just bounced around practice squads semi-pro or NFL and went to watch his former college team play?

Highly unlikely, but just thoughts. I went to basic training with a former lineman from ECU and sold cars with a defensive lineman also from ECU. Both were way too old to be playing but had the size still.

My money is on him being that one biker guy mentioned previously, maybe in witness protection and was outed or just died due to an accident. The swimming trunks make it seem like an accident to me.

Absolutely, but could he have been alumni or a CFL player, former semi-pro in another league, or just bounced around practice squads semi-pro or NFL and went to watch his former college team play?

Highly unlikely, but just thoughts. I went to basic training with a former lineman from ECU and sold cars with a defensive lineman also from ECU. Both were way too old to be playing but had the size still.

My money is on him being that one biker guy mentioned previously, maybe in witness protection and was outed or just died due to an accident. The swimming trunks make it seem like an accident to me.
Gregory was ruled out by fingerprints and I think DNA. He's on the Namus ruleouts still.

Last edited:

I don't think it's highly unlikely at all. Every time you watch a bowl game on TV, you see them interviewing one former player or another, and many of them are no longer anywhere near playing condition. It would be very possible that an alumnus of one of those schools combined a trip to the game with a beach vacation.

I agree that he was probably swimming. I remember when Mr. Carbuff's family lived up near Boca Raton that there's a strong current, often undertow, that runs north to south. My guess would be that if he drowned while swimming, he could have been swept to the Miami area significantly farther north, maybe even as far north as Fort Lauderdale.

I just can't understand that nobody noticed this guy, being that big. Mr. Bit has a noticeable height. When asked he told me even me would most certainly have noticed the height of this guy, Mr. Bit being 196 cm...let alone me, a 164 cm...girl.

I just can't understand that nobody noticed this guy, being that big. Mr. Bit has a noticeable height. When asked he told me even me would most certainly have noticed the height of this guy, Mr. Bit being 196 cm...let alone me, a 164 cm...girl.

If he was a tourist, even if people noticed him, they wouldn't think anything of it if they didn't see him again. Tourists come and go. And even if people noticed he was missing and thought it odd, they might not have connected it to a drowning victim in Miami if he was staying farther north, or wasn't known to be a swimmer.

If he was a tourist, even if people noticed him, they wouldn't think anything of it if they didn't see him again. Tourists come and go. And even if people noticed he was missing and thought it odd, they might not have connected it to a drowning victim in Miami if he was staying farther north, or wasn't known to be a swimmer.

Fair enough. If you say tourist what does your gut feeling say? Someone from outside the US or a US citizen? Just a thought. If he did fly in from abroad he must have made some special arrangements with the airline company, considering his height and weight. I guess impossible to find out.

Fair enough. If you say tourist what does your gut feeling say? Someone from outside the US or a US citizen? Just a thought. If he did fly in from abroad he must have made some special arrangements with the airline company, considering his height and weight. I guess impossible to find out.
100% no on special arrangements. I personally know a man who is similar size, he's a center for a college football team. He flew home last week for a funeral, as big as he is he fit fine in a Southwest Airlines seat.

I can't believe a man of his stature and size isn't reported missing. ☹️
I was thinking, maybe he wasn't always that "heavy" and we should look for a man with less weight? How long approx. would it take for a man with this height to grow 335 lbs.

From ad random website What's your BMI? - MultiCare

For a male, ideal weight with this height is.

6′ 9″209 – 255 lbs.

I was thinking, maybe he wasn't always that "heavy" and we should look for a man with less weight? How long approx. would it take for a man with this height to grow 335 lbs.

From ad random website What's your BMI? - MultiCare

For a male, ideal weight with this height is.

6′ 9″209 – 255 lbs.
Honestly, it could take just a year to gain 100 lbs.

I realize stats do not match up but timeline and resemblance does (Missing November 2009). I am unable to locate information to see if Jeffrey Andrew Ensley was ever found.

1659627869473.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back